“Shore Club Wedding-moon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
UK
“Shore Club Wedding-moon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at the Shore Club for a week in February 2008 for our wedding and honeymoon. We had a fantastic stay and cannot fault the hotel. Our original room did not have the best view (and overlooked an extractor fan!) but we were moved to a better room ,next door to my sister ,on the day of asking.
The service in all areas was very good,especially the front desk, who dealt wth our travel company for us on a number of occasions. We always managed to get a lounger by the pool or on the beach, and found the hotel to be well located. We used valet parking a few times, especially when we needed unlimited take-outs, but tended to park in the nearby public parking garage if we weren't taking the car out that day, as it was $16 opposed to $40- a considerable saving.
The atmosphere and ambience makes this feel like a special place to stay, and we would say that at night we heard no unwanted noise from the bar, as previous people have commented. Around the pool was a little pretentious, which is what some people want I guess, but we tended to get a lounger around the smaller pool or on the beach, which was more chilled out, and were even frequented by a number of children with their Shore Club beach balls!
I would recommend staying here for a special stay or if money is no object.

• Liked — The spacious bathrooms with fabulous showers.
  • Disliked — All the items for sale in the room.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

The main reason to stay at the Shore Club is for easy access to the pool scene and the Sky Bar. For certain people, this should be enough reason to stay here over other hotels on Collins.

However, if you are looking for good service, high quality food, and a nice quiet room, look elsewhere.

The service staff is not attentive. Some are too busy trying to fit into the scene and look cool to actually do their job - which is to cater to your needs. Others seem jaded and annoyed.

Additionally, they don't have a service elevator so you have to wait for cleaning staff to get on and off the elevator with their paraphenalia. I observed one housekeeper roll her eyes in annoyance as a packed elevator arrived at her floor, preventing her from bringing her cart on board. You shouldn't be made to feel like you are in the cleaning staff's way.

Everything is overpriced. The pool staff will try to sway you to get the pitcher of drinks, when it is actually cheaper to get individual drinks. And, there is a mandatory 18% tip written in for every order. I'm not sure why this is the case here and not at the Delano (their sister hotel).

All of the ocean facing rooms are noisy. The Sky Bar, an outdoor club around the pool, stays open until 2am during the week and 3am on the weekend, so you will hear the music during those times.

I will say that the crowd at the Shore Club is still very attractive. The pool is filled with 20 somethings posing to look their best. You will often see celebs lounging at the pool with a bottle of changagne. Chairs are close together so guests mingle and drink together throughout the day and into the night (at Sky Bar). If you are into this, there is still no better pool scene in Miami.

I hope this is helpful.

• Liked — Pool scene and the Sky Bar
  • Disliked — Service, price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I would never stay here again due to the fact that they have nightclub parties and loud music until 3am at the pool which you can hear in your rooms at all hours. Even though I was on th 18th floor it still sounded like the music was right outside. Besides the fact that when you go downstairs it's like trying to make your way through an obnoxious night club.

Truly impossible to get a good nights sleep here. Very bad experience, the only good thing is the staff that is very nice and attentive, especially the concierge and front desk and valets. housekeeing wasnt so good at cleaning the trays of food in the hallways or forgetting things in the room.

also beware of hte high prices of the water and mini bar. also, only decent resaturant was nobu, the other one was the worst food i'd had in miami, $40 for a bowl of greasy pasta. ridiculous!

• Liked — staff and location to beach
  • Disliked — loud music at night and rude guests that were there to party
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

We were off to a bad start when we checked-in way past check-in time, our room was not ready and the front desk lady was very rude about it.
It is a party hotel. If you are there to relax, don't go. I took my sister for a bachelorette weekend however the first night I was exhausted, after dinner went up to my room to read. What was I thinking. You won't get to sleep until after - way after - the bar closes. Ok - my fault, but just fyi.
I don't like that there are concrete floors. I feel like I am staying in a dorm room.
I also wasn't too thrilled about the cockroach making its way across the room either.
Pluses - the shower/bathrooms are nice. The beds are typically queen or kings and fairly comfortable, the tv is nice as well. They were pretty attentive at the beach, not so much by the pool.
All in all - I wouldn't stay there again, but I am not really a fan of Miami either.

• Liked — Two queen size beds in the room
  • Disliked — Front desk, bugs
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lisboa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

Shore Club it was simply great... a very nice surprise !

It´s a good place to stay if you want to be in the action.
The lobby is very impressive. The rooms are clean and minimal with everything you´ll need..
With the famous restaurants like Nobu..expensive but you´re in Miami and you can see beautiful people.
Great partys in the evening by the pool

• Liked — the quality
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this dorm room/prison/mental hospital. The first room they put us in was next to an elevator which rumbled all the time, as well as a set of doors that also made a lot of noise when they opened and closed , which was often. The bathroom didnt have a tub, just the concrete that is everywhere in this place. It did have a very creepy stained bench in it as well as handles/rails around the bathroom and rest of the room. When we called and asked if they had another room, we were told they only had a handicapped room available. Then we realized, we were in a handicapped room already.

We went down to the front desk, where they told us that for an extra $250 a night we could get a partial ocean view room. We passed on the $250 upgrade, and I demanded they give us a better room. They put us in a slightly better room, but again all the reviews about the noise of rolling carts in the hallways, cold small cramped dorm room/ mental hospital decor , loud guests, sounds echoing down the halls, little amenities, overpriced products all over the room (sunblock , shampoo, conditioner for $30 each)is absolutely 100% true. I didnt want to take my shoes off in the room , as it felt dirty.

Also my wife and I wanted to relax by the pool, read a book or just sit there, but there is very loud booming club music all the time. I tried to find a quiet corner, but it doesnt exist there. Its just loud club music...by the pool, in the restaurant..even during breakfast...at night you can hear it in your room...I guess if you are a masochist and like being overcharged for mediocre accommodations at best, just so you can hang out and watch kids drinking and trying to pick up everyone in sight, you may like this place. If you want a fine luxurious hotel and a vacation to remember for the right reasons, keep away.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Its all bad
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

I highly recommend that if you head to South Beach, you do not stay at this property. We paid $910 a night (absurd yes....). For that stratospheric price, I was expecting Four Seasons meets Ritz. Instead, the following insued....food poisioning from Nobu, couldnt get a chair by the pool two days in a row, they ran out of chairs at the beach (is that possible?), the floors were concrete circa Warsaw '42, there was a cockroach the size of my hand in the shower (okay, its the tropics, its happens....), and the staff was lazy and indifferent (on a good day). We ordered room service...took over an hour both mornings (can you say cold coffee, cold oatmeal, etc). When I tried to order lunch, the staff told me the wait would be over an hour...so why bother!

The upside...not much. Good bar scene/party at night. But, with 200+ other places in a 1 square mile....definetly dont have to stay at the hotel to have an amazing time. The GM tried to make good...and was attentive once we vigorously complained...but at that point....nerves fried!

Good luck if you stay there.......

• Liked — leaving when I checked out
  • Disliked — staff...lazy, indifferent and i felt like i was putting them out for seemingly simple requests
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!