“Amazing 1 year anniversary at the Shore Club” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #39 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
bx, new york
“Amazing 1 year anniversary at the Shore Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Wow what can I say! This was absolutely the best vacation ever at the Shore Club. My wife and I celebrated our 1 yr anniversary and stayed here the week of Sept 5.

Check in went well. We checked in earlier than expected and they upgraded us to an ocean front room which was nice.

The room was simple, bright, clean with concrete floors . Pretty much all white, crisp and clean bedroom. Nothing extravagant, but we appreciated the soft comfy bed and the beautiful view from our balcony .

Ken and Rio and Natalie, the concierges were outstanding, and went out of their way to help us.
Ken helped me with a suprise floral arrangenment for my wife, Rio with an awesome restaurant choice and Natalie with free passes to sobe clubs. They were fun and great to chat with for a bit.

The pool was clean, attendants at the pool were very attentive, checking in for drinks constantly.The music was eclectic and smooth. Towels availiable ,they layed them out for us. Ample chairs and space to chill and side areas to relax away from the crowd.

The beach was clean and the cabana dudes were helpful . It was raining on and off that day so we didnt stay long. you need shoes inside the water because of the rocks but the water was warm and turquoise.

THE SPA WAS AMAZING!
I cant say enough about Anna . Her spirit was so beautiful. Her soft tone and gentle spirit made my experience so wonderful. I spent an hour an half with Anna. Foot scrub, aromatherapy massage and scalp mint massage. OMG is all I can say! I left this spa feeling absolutuely amazing.(check Travelzoo for deals) There is no sauna, but if you want humidty.. just step outside.. lol

The location is great for walking around. We came on a Wed and had two quiet peaceful relaxing days before the weekend crowd came and that was awesome too. At night the lounges open and the music is pumping and the restaurants have that lounge feel. You can sit outside on the what fells like Moroccan themed couches and beds that are draped and lit by candle light. Very sexy feel, chic and Miami! There is ample security visible, never felt unsafe, us being two females alone in another city..but were New yorkers so we were cool....

We saw families with teen children here too. They were having a good time too.

Remember if you're from the states, it's not all inclusive obviously, you have to tip, they work hard. Prices are higher than back home and we're used to high NYC prices ; but thats expected. Its Miami. Enjoy, Live and Travel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Natk730,

Thank you for your generous feedback! We are so thrilled that you spent your 1 year anniversary with us! I am glad that Ken was able to order beautiful flowers for your wife, Reo gave great restaurant recommendations, and Natalie helped out with club choices. Our spa is definitely serene and calming... Anna is amazing, no doubt! She does have a beautiful spirit and it always makes me feel good when I am around her. Hope to see you again soon for your another anniversary!

1,517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed in the Shore Club for a business convention last week. Since the first day of my arrival all people (valet, reception desk) they were all welcoming! My boy Reo Davis was phenomenal.

The best part though is when I start hanging out by the Sky Bar. What a lovely people...Especially Paige! She was courteous, professional and always on top of her game...I will definitely come back to Shore Club. Keep up the great service!!!

Juan Pablo

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Juan Pablo B,

Wow... what an amazing comment! Reo is indeed a superstar and Paige is a total jewel! Please come back to the Skybar as soon as possible. We are waiting for you!

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the shore club for the begining of my honeymoon. Niki at the front desk upgraded us to a suite. She was so friendly and professional she made our stay. Pool is awesome! Great dj spinning poolside and great beach access with killer chairs. Had dinner in tje Italian restaurant there. Chris our waiter was like lightening. Drinks food and service were spectacular! Great location. Overall great time. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mundopaul,

Goodness gracious, that was so kind of you to say! Thank you for choosing us to spend your romantic honeymoon and glad that Niki was able to upgrade your room to a suite! Our Italian restaurant, Terrazza, has a great dining experience and amazing food. Hope to see you back for your 1 year anniversary!

Much love from Shore Club,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was pretty disappointed with the design of the room at the Shore Club. The lighting was pitiful in the rooms and bathrooms. I understand the concrete/minimalist look but there is no warmth to the room.
The service was ok. Some people were very helpful and some not at all.
Nobu is overpriced for what it is.

It's just ok and there are a lot of other great hotels in Miami Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cassil74,

We understand that everyone has different tastes and style choices but we get so many amazing compliments on how neat our design layout is. I am sorry that it is not your particular style. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Weston, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked two nights at the Shore Club but the customer service I have received since has soured me on going through with my stay. It was a non-cancellable reservation which I knew in advance. However, when I wanted to change the dates and actually add two more nights, which would earn them *more* money, a reservation supervisor at the hotel told me she couldn't do that.

I don't know what kind of business training the staff gets, but being so inflexible about a rate code in their system, that they are willing to forego almost $1000 for the two extra nights I was looking to stay, makes no sense to me. Granted the original purchase was non-refundable, but I was only trying to spend more money with them, so I simply don't get it.

Oh well, I live about 45 minutes away in Weston, spend probably 40 nights a year in South Beach hotels and there are plenty of other hotels I'm sure will be happy to have my money.

Dear Perkeo73,

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our reservation agents are not able to extend a reservation if it is booked by an outside company.The guest has to call the outside booking company themselves to extend the reservation. We can not automatically make the adjustment. Our agents would have to create you an entirely new reservation under our system with our fixed prices. I am so sorry that this inconvience made you not enjoy and experience all the great things Shore Club has to offer. Next time you would like to stay with us, please book through our reservation system so this will not happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

Kimberling City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed from August 29th to September 2 at the Shore Club in South Beach. This was our 7th time to South Beach and our 2nd time back at the Shore Club and we have decided we won't stay anywhere else when we visit Miami.

I think the greatest thing about Shore Club are the employees. We met various bartenders/waiters who have been with the resort forever. We can't say enough about the Conceirge, Reo. Reo, Ken and Natalie were the best. They were able to get us into clubs that were very exclusive and last minute dinner reservations at some of the best restaruants in South Beach. We even got to know our House Keeper, who was the sweetest little lady.

The pool also rocks. We were there on Thursday and Friday and it was fairly mellow which was nice. But, on Saturday it took on a whole new identity and became a huge pool party with a DJ.

The hotel itselft is a very beautiful property. From the lobby area, to the pool area and the Red Room, the employees take great care and pride in keeping the area very clean and updated. Our room was King Loft. It was a great room with two balconies, one overlooking the beach and one overlooking the City. We spent many hours having drink on these balconies.

On a side note, i did end up leaving my Drivers License and Credit Card in the Red Room. I didn't notice this until we were at the airport. Once we landed, i emailed the hotel and had a quick response that they had my items and to call security to get them returned. They fedexed them and i had the items in a day. I think at other properties, somebody would have probably went on a shopping spree with my license and credit card.

My wife and I are in our early 40's, but we had fun like we were in our early 20's thanks to Reo's help and everybody else at the Shore Club, we had one of the best vacations of a life time.

Dear Irishwake,

We love that you felt like you were back in your 20's while staying at Shore Club! We are definitely a cool, hip, and fresh place to stay! Our employees, especially the conceirge team are out of this world. We are thrilled that they were able to take care of you during your stay. I am sorry you left without your driver's license and credit card but it was amazing how fast our team was able to ship it back to you in an efficient manner. Can't wait to see you for your 3rd visit. :)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Shore Club with our two young boys (5 and 9) and had a great time. Young families are not the usual clientele here, but the two pools plus beach provided endless amusement for our boys, and the staff could not have been more helpful (and tolerant!), in particular the concierge and lobby staff. The rooms were funky and huge - we had interconnecting rooms with loads of room for the family, although we were outside for most of our stay. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 104 and 105 interconnect with masses of space. Far enough from lobby to be quiet, too.