“Shore Club Spa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Shore Club Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had an amazing experience at the Spa. The attention and service and friendly atmosphere was just what I needed.
Halley made me feel very comfortable and was very pleasant, my valet parking was validated and took one more problem out of my head. I was able to relax and enjoy every minute of my massage.
I

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Raquel B,

I am so happy that you had a great time in our Spa. We think its great also! Thank you for your great comment about Halley and I will ensure I pass on your kind feedback to her.

Many thanks,
Alexandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I did my reservation based on the comments I read in tripadvisor and it was really good!!.. the attention at the front desk, the service in the restaurant, swimming pool and beach zone was exceptional. The room was beautiful & clean. I fully recommend this hotel and for sure I will repeat my experience there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rossy P,

Thank you for such a positive review! It means so much to us when our valued guests have a great time with us.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the last 3 days of our honeymoon. I made my reservation via Priceline Name Your Own Price, so I got a pretty good deal. That being said, I was a little surprised that this is a 4 star hotel. Granted, I don't know what other hotels are like along So Beach, but it just didn't seem like a 4 star hotel.

The first impression was the smell when you walk in. Smells like the locker room at the pool where I used to take swim lessons as a kid. Not pleasant. Too much bleach or chlorine or something! Thank goodness it was only in the lobby and downstairs hallways, and not up the rooms.

Check in went fairly smooth. I was a little surprised when they said they were putting a $160 hold on my credit card for every day I would be staying, and that it would be released once I leave. I've never had that happen before. But whatever. Gave us a great room on the 14th floor facing the ocean. Amazing views if you can get beach side and a high floor!

The room was decent. It was clean. Concrete floor with an area rug. Very minimal, as others have said, but there wasn't necessarily anything lacking that I would have wanted. The rooms are pretty small, but that doesn't bother me because I didn't really come to hang out in the room. The bed was way too soft though. Felt like a futon mattress. And very creaky too. Bathroom was nice though. I love big showers! Walls between rooms seemed fine, but you could hear EVERYTHING in the hallway. Had to put a towel under the door to mute sounds.

They had a big pool party while we were there, but that just wasn't our scene. If you like that, it looked like everyone was having a blast, no doubt! Instead we hit the beach, which was great! Dean made sure everything was set for us, and had the wait staff checking in on us frequently. Great service at the beach!

Had breakfast one day at Terrazzo, and was not impressed. Our server (don't remember his name) was horrible. I was jealous of tables who had other servers because the other guys seemed to be doing great. In fact, they were filling my coffee for me and getting things I needed instead our guy. Clueless! My wife ordered an omelet, and did not like it at all. I had eggs benedict, and they were good. Nothing special though. The breakfast buffet looked like it might have been the better choice.

Talked to the concierge about going out on Saturday night, and they were pushing some event where we pay a promoter, get some free rail drinks, and then get into a club without waiting in line. That was about all they had for us as far as recommendations. Felt like something where they were making a cut, so they were pushing for it. Didn't do it and decided to venture out on our own. Glad we did. Had a great night at the SLS Lounge! Highly recommend it.

We hit The Sky Club when we came back Saturday night (actually more like Sunday morning around 2am). Nothing special, but it was fun.

As far as location, this hotel gets a GREAT! Loved being only two blocks from Lincoln Mall. Loved being ON the beach! Loved being by so many other great amenities.

All in all, it was a decent hotel. I'll probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear RobbTheFoodie,
Thank you for your recent stay at Shore Club and for taking the time to write this review.
I’m glad that our team recognized you and your wife on such special occasion by granting you an upgrade.
As customary in most hotels in Miami Beach we do take an authorization on your card for incidentals which is refundable after your departure as a security measure.
We love that we can offer our guest a retreat at the beach when you want a to relax. Thank you for recognizing Dean for his great service there.
I do have to apologize about your breakfast at Terrazza, they have been complimented so many times in other review about the excellent food and service. It is disappointing to hear that your expectations weren’t met.
Our concierge team does try to promote easy and less expensive options for our guest as getting in Night Clubs in Miami Beach are sometimes very hard to get in or very costly. I’m happy to hear that you still had a great night .
I hope you and your wife had a great vacation.
Kind Regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a place.

Came here with 5 friends from England and we could not have had a better stay. From start to
finish the service was brilliant. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were just as advertised, nice and clean, fresh and welcoming.

Went to both restaurants and the food was top notch with impecable service. Waiters and waiters dealt with every request with no fuss and gave great recomendations throughout.

Special mention to Coleen (waitress @ Sky Bar and Pool) and Sarah (pool bar) for all their help in keeping us refreshed!! Hope you guys didn't mind the congor line that was started in the pool on the Sunday!

Perfect hotel to stay in for service and entertainment. We will all be back.

Room Tip: pay the extra and get an Ocean View Room, the view is brilliant
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hi JBirthy7 ,
Many thanks for your nice comment. I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had a great time with us. Coleen and Sarah are grateful for your kind words. They are a great addition to our team.
I hope you and your friends can be back soon and to do the Conga again ,
Kind Regards,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

From the moment we walked in, we really felt welcome and well taken care of. The staff at reception was excellent and they really went out of their way to make our stay a memorable experience.

Pool closest to the beach is very relaxing, while the larger pool has a little bit more vibe to it. Waiters/waitresses by the pool can be a bit too relaxed and not as attentive at times, but it does get busy in that area.

Skybar was a nice scene on a Saturday night. Drinks are not cheap, but that is to be expected in South Beach.

Rooms are minimalist in their decor, but that is an aesthetic I actually like quite a bit. Bathroom had a nice tub and great shower.

Overall, an excellent experience and we will go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear NEFAST,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. It’s always great to hear such honest and kind comments. We always strive to make everyone feel at home and I’m glad the front desk team did so.
We hope to welcome you back soon,
Cordially,
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have had the good fortune to stay at The Shore Club several times for extended stays over the last 6 months. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world and no other hotel compares in terms of the service received at The Shore Club. From the doormen to the pool staff, one is welcomed with great care. The Shore Club has an official "greeter" by the name of Dorothy Jean Hicks. DJ, as she is known, welcomes all guests as if she is welcoming us to her home. DJ offers to assist in any way and leads you to the great smiling staff at the registration counter. DJ is in the lobby, the restaurant area and the pool area to be sure her guests are enjoying themselves. Come by more than once and you will get a personal note from Alexandra Aubry. Come by more than a few times and it may say "Welcome Home". I had to meet this mystery writer with the kind notes. She is, of course, charming, as you might expect. I wish I could name others here too who have extended themselves. The Shore Club and The Morgans Hotel Group is very lucky to have such staff members. There is a big difference between the formality of other hotels and The Shore Club. I haven't yet mentioned Nobu, the amazing Japanese restaurant where Mark Wahlberg and his wife like to dine regularly. The pool area is spectacular too. And finally the rooms are large and comfortable! Great partying for those who are interested too. It is on the beach, a short walk to Ocean Drive. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean view is always nice!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WOW Rick R. what an amazing comment!
We are always so happy to have you with us. DJ myself and the team are so grateful for your kind words.
Thank you for taking the time to let the world know how great your new home is.
See you soon,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

By far I should say That if you are looking for relax and quite time this is not the Hotel I recommend. If you have family with kids this also is not the place to expend your family vacations.

My experience at the Shore Club made feel like I was robbed silently and I did not call the police. Starting with the very rude valet and the over prices. They want me to pay cash in front arguing that their credit card machine is not working.

Prices goes for 300 to 500 on a single bed rooms depends of the season but Nothing to be impresseed by the cold grey floor and the and the never ending sound of the bars and lounge they have. So, finally I understand this is a kind of youth gateway for young people but I guess the managers and supervisor should put more emphasis in train and watch those employees that are just to make money out of their hotel guess.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Bittner1340,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We receive so many wonderful comments about Shore Club so it is always so very dissapointing when we have not shown a guest a magical experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for having to pay cash to the valet instead of using a credit card. This was indeed because their machine was not functioning properly however they should have offered to allow you to pay with a credit card at the front desk. Regarding your comment about the valet prices, we are constantly reviewing our prices to ensure that they are in line with the rest of Miami Beach and I can assure you that our current charges are competitive.

I am sorry that you felt the room was not to your liking. The Mexican limestone floors in the guest rooms are very popular with our guests but I do understand that everyones taste is different. I am also sorry that you were disturbed by noise from our wonderful SkyBar. We have since installed sound proof windows in all of our rooms due to feedback from our guests.

Best Regards,