“Posh Hotel on South Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #40 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
“Posh Hotel on South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at the Shore Club for 3 days in January-- the hotel is certainly located on South Beach, easily in walking distance of restaurants, clubs, etc. The amenities at the hotel are great-- 2 restaurants, and a great outdoor bar in a garden/pool area and 2 pools. The staff are very attentive and the rooms are nicely maintained, with modern style and beautiful bathrooms. The beach is at your doorstep, and the hotel maintains it's own beach area with a staff to help you with chairs, towels, etc.

My only complaint about the hotel was the noise-- the walls are very thin, and you could hear everything happening in the hallway/outdoor courtyard. The hotel provides noise machines, obviously in hopes of combating the noise pollution, and while that helped for getting to sleep, I was woken up each night multiple times by various noises...and I'm a deep sleeper. Had I been staying there for pleasure, not business, I probably wouldn't have cared about this as much. The hotel is also a bit of a maze, and I had a hard time finding my room (located through a restaurant).

Other than that, it was a wonderful choice, with great service and a fantastic location.

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the courtyard-- do not ask for first floor unless you plan on staying up...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Alexandra A, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Hi E-ETravel,

Thank you for your great feedback and your kind comments about our staff and rooms and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that you felt that the rooms were slightly noisy. However as you mention we do provide noise reducers in the rooms which usually drown out any noise. On another note we are also currently replacing all of the windows in the hotel with soundproof windows so when you return to stay with us we promise you a peacefull and relaxing sleep!

Hope to see you soon.

Alexandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Our company stayed at Shore Club for two days. From the time we checked in Matt G. Matt I. Ramon B. and Tracy made sure every last detail of our team meeting was taken care of. From last minute reservations adjustments, great meeting room space, to a beautiful lunch at Terraza we will definately be booking all of our future team meetings there.. Thank you Shore Club team for making our visit perfect.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Alexandra A, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Hi Jasmine B.
We are so happy that you and your group had a great time with us. We can’t wait to see you again and take care of your meetings. Thanks for recognizing our amazing staff. See you soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights for a business conference in the hotel. Here are my thoughts:

PRO: Location, room rate, meeting break location, food during meeting, friendly front desk even through down phone/internet, and atmosphere.

CON: Divided hotel wings (hard to connect with others), modern concrete room finishings (depends on your tastes), and climate control in rooms (couldn't warm room up during evenings).

• Stayed January 2012
Alexandra A, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear Kakuhisa,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I am glad that you were happy overall with your stay and thank you for your kind commenst about our front desk staff.

The building is very large so it is spread out between four towers. However next time you are staying with us please ask for a room in the main building on check in and you will be more central for moving between the facilites. Please accept my apologies for the problems with your climate controls in your room. My engineering team has since checked every room to ensure that the controls are in working order.

Hope to see you soon!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Please note date of travel was June 2007 tripadvisor doesn't have the option for this.

We originally went to the Trump Towers however the location was very far from South Beach. So we moved here next day. Location is excellent, right on the strip. We got a beach view room, which was nice to wake up to in the morning.
The hotel bar was awesome, in the day there was a mixologist by the pool making drinks on demand. At night the bar is one of the hot spots on the strip, there was a huge queue of people from other places coming to get in. With candle lit beds outside to accommodate those who came out for a chilled night, and a dance floor etc. inside for the rowdier people.

Now to the negatives, not really a negative as such. Just the inside of the hotel was verrrrrry basic. The lobby was nothing special. Our room although had an amazing view was again very basic. But then again who goes to Miami to stay in the room.

5 stars on night life, 5 stars on location, 5 stars on view, 3 stars on looks. For it's purpose this is an excellent hotel, however it lacks a lot aesthetically.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear stockntraveller,

Thanks for your review!

Although you stayed with us several years ago our bar and scene is still regarded as one of the top places to see and be seen on South Beach. We have also made several updates to the hotel since 2007 so I hope you will return to Shore Club in the near future so we can show you everything we have done here at Shore Club.We are better than ever!!!!

Thanks again

Coconut Grove, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was looking for a mini vacation over the weekend and after a few great experiences at the Shore Club I decided to go for it again. And as expected it didn't let me down. From the time I arrived to the time I checked out it was a first class experience. My hosts Matt & Ramon were amazing. It seemed like anytime I needed something they were already working on it before I even knew I needed it. And my server Chelsea at the pool and outside bar was just as good. Great rooms, great location, & better staff. Will definitely be my go-to South Beach hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mike P,

What a fantastic review!!!! I am so glad that we have become your go to hotel on South Beach. Special thanks for mentioning Matt, Ramone and Chelsea! They are superstars and will be so happy to read your comments.

Hope to see you back very soon.

Succasunna, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This was my second stay here. The hotel staff is very nice and accommodating. The building is Art Deco. It is dating back to the 50's at least, so the building and property is narrow.

The back of the hotel property fronts up to the esplanade that runs along the beach. This is a very nice stretch. The beach service for the hotel is very good.

There are two pools and two outdoor bars. The garden area and pool area has low slung couches and day beds. They could use some more traditional seating as well.

Two restaurants, one being Nubo.

WiFi is available for free in the lobby and around the pool.

I have only been here during the week. I think this would be a pretty big party destination for weekends.

Good location on the north side of South Beach.

Dear fnct,

Thanks for your comments and I am so glad that you returned to stay with us. Our repeat guests are so very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shore Club in the near future.

Westchester Cty., NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The good: room was very clean and neat, hotel staff very nice.

The bad: no hot water in the shower one day, air conditioner didn't work, alarm went off in the middle of night from previous guest, room diminutive.

NB: Parking is $42/day.

Dear JamesStock,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We receive so many great comments about Shore Club so it is dissapointing to read that we did not WOW you on this occassion.

Regarding your hot water and air conditioning not working as expected, please accept my sincere apologies for this and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I do hope you will return to Shore Club so we may give you a great experience at our hotel on your return.

Alexandra

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!