“Our Miami Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Andover, Massachusetts
“Our Miami Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I have been going to South Beach at least twice a year for the last 8 years. We've been to other hotels, but none of them compare to the Shore Club! The staff and service is phenomenal, the beds are so comfortable, the pool is relaxing (but certainly not boring) and the restaurants top notch! What more can I say? We consider the Shore Club our Miami home away from home because of how comfortable and welcome we always feel as soon as we walk in the door.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear jojo39_40,

Thank you for taking the time to review Shore Club. We could not have asked for anything better than guests like you who are always kind and loyal. We are happy to know we have become your home away from home and our family is bigger when you join us.

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Shore Club for the second time. Between the welcoming staff, beautiful rooms and awesome pool area, I couldn't have asked for anything better. George at the Front Desk was extremely helpful in providing insights of the area and I was really impressed how the inside and outside of the hotel were transformed into such an intimate place with the large lanterns and funky seating. I would definitely stay there next time I travel to South Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
JoeM1233,

Thank you for returning and for appreciating our cool design and how it transitions between different atmospheres, giving our guests a taste of intrigue and sensuality.
Our staff will graciously welcome you back anytime!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Me and my husband have just had a two week honeymoon at the shore club. The place was great ! Location was great, food was out of this world and the staff were the best i have ever experienced !
I have never been treated so well in any hotel i have stayed at.
Will on the main desk was helpful from the moment we got there to the moment we left. Matt one of the managers was an amazing guy and made mine and my husbands stay 100% fun fun fun !
A big thankyou to everyone at the shore club especially Will and Matt.
Hannah and Richard Acton

Room Tip: The basic rooms are small and basic but you can upgrade when your there and they will always find yo...
Dear HannahActon,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such memorable occasion. Will and Matt are both amazing with guests and I will make sure to let them know they made your stay 100% fun! It is flattering to know we have treated you like no other hotel staff before.
I hope you return before your first wedding anniversary.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels in South beach including the Gansevoort, but the Shore Club is by far my favorite. From my first stay at the Shore Club in February, I fell in love with the place instantly. The room, the pool, the beach, the bars and amenities, but most importantly the staff. The Beach Staff (especially Lee), Concierge, Housekeeping, and the amazing front desk from the late shift (John Frazier and Kate) really made us feel welcome and re-welcomed since they actually remembered us this visit! Frazier and Kate really went above and beyond in helping us after our flights were cancelled due to Hurricane Irene. They actually helped us find out flight out earlier than we had originally booked and checked us out quickly in order for us to catch this last minute flight. All this at 4:00am in the morning. Their actions really showed that they truly care about the people that stay at the Shore Club. I cannot express my thanks enough to them. We will be rebooking our stay here again in the near future and I strongly recommend for all my friends to stay at shore club as well - they will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear janischin96,

We are all thankful we have become your favorite hotel! We are glad we exceed your service expectations and have not disappointed you. We commit not to do so!

Thank you for complimenting Katie and Frazier’s assistance on finding you and your friends alternatives for your cancelled flights in a timely manner.

We were sad to see you go, but we are glad you made it safe.

Thanks,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have just returned from my 2nd visit to the Shore Club and this will certainly not be the last. Aside from the fact that this hotel has a great location, amazing atmosphere, clean and modern rooms, great pool party, I can go on and on; what makes this hotel standout from all the rest is the staff and impeccable service. The entire staff we interacted with, including beach staff (Lee was such a pleasure), the team at the SkyBar, housekeeping, and the front desk staff (Frazier and Kate, will elaborate further on), treated my group as not just hotel customers, but as family. Their entire team is so courteous and helpful and they always have a willingness to make sure you are happy with their service and your stay. I specifically want to mention Frazier and Kate from the front desk, as they have to be their two best associates. Upon arriving, Frazier and Kate recognized me and my group from an earlier stay 6 months ago! They completely made me feel welcomed and were genuinely delighted to have us stay there again. Unfortunately, we were traveling during Hurricane Irene and our flights were canceled and we were stuck in Miami (poor us!). Frazier and Kate went above and beyond and helped us find flights at the last possible second. We found out about our 2nd canceled flight at 4 a.m. and Frazier and Kate managed to help us find a flight that left at 7 a.m.! We obviously had to leave quickly, and they also helped us out by quickly checking us out and finding a taxi for us. The urgency of our situation cannot be expressed in words, nor can I express how grateful I am that Shore Club has found these 2 associates which truly make this hotel standout above the rest. Thank you Shore Club, and thank you Frazier and Kate, my 2 new friends!!! Liz

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear lizziedollar,

Thank you for returning to Shore Club once again!
Also, a big thank you for commending our staff all throughout the property and for recognizing their attentiveness and friendliness. Katie and Frazier shared your story with the team and were pleased they were able to find a solution to your cancelled flights and helped you get home soon and safe. They are truly key members of our team and many have praised their service.
I hope you and your friends get stuck with us again, but hopefully with great weather.

Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Spent two nights in Miami. 1st night @ Z Ocean Hotel and the second at Shore Club. This hotel has a great atmosphere to it right when you walk in. Valet drivers and D.J at the front desk were very pleasant and welcoming. We booked through hotwire so we didnt get to choose a veiw type but just by asking, we were given a free upgrade to a beautiful ocean view with a balcony! The room was nice, clean, and has a very modern look to it. It did however have water stains around the A/C unit which wasnt the nicest to look at. Also the balcony could use a little bit of a face lift. The shower was clean and very large but like others stated, it did not have a place to put the soap and shampoo so we rested it on the bathtub ledge. Bed was in need of a mattress as it was sagging but had a very comfortable duvet and pillows. The pool, garden area, and beach access (with complementary chairs and umbrella) is what we really enjoyed. The 2 pools are really "happening" and had a great dj playing music (top 40 and dance) all day long. It also had a bar and dining area with super clean washrooms that were looked after every hour. The garden area, which turns into Skybar at night is also very neat (especially at night when its all lit up). The only thing I didnt like was the price of the food and drinks. $18 for a ceasar salad, $20 for frozen fries & frozen chicken fingers, and $15 for a vodka cranberry! It was crazy expensive.

All in all great time and great atmosphere. Not worth the $250/night from the Shore Club website in my opinion but definitely worth the $175 I paid through hotwire.

Dear ABeltrame,

Thank you for your review. Our dear guests contribute greatly to having a great atmosphere! Thank you for complimenting our staff as they work hard to ensure you feel you are taken care of.
Your feedback on our guest rooms is very valuable and we always consider it in order to improve our product.
I am glad you enjoyed your time at SkyBar, the pool, and beach. I’m sorry you considered prices were a little high but ours are comparable to other hotels in the area.

Thanks for your visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The pros: stunning garden and bar, beautiful reception that smells great all the time, reasonably priced if you get a good deal, right on the beach, fantastic staff and great food. Comfortable beds, enormous bath, fantastic shower, lovely bath products and suitable entertainment.

The cons: property is a little tired, needing some maintenance here and there: our bathroom door was very water damaged, our bath had a big dent/scratch on it. You must also be ready to deal with the party crowd: the pool is beautiful but not useable at the weekend unless you are willing to jump in with 100s of drunk people since they have big pool parties Saturday and Sunday, with suitably loud house music blaring. We were woken up at 6am on Saturday by neighbors having impromptu chill out party on their balcony.

In short, go... but go with ear plugs and prepared to use only their fabulous beach facilities unless you're into big pool parties.

Room Tip: I guess you have to pay full price for that, we did not.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear brunsky,

Thank you for sharing your Shore Club experience and for commenting on what you perceived to be our pros and cons as your feedback gives us an opportunity to improve.
I apologize for the challenges you experienced with us. We are currently working on updating our property in efforts to keep our guests more comfortable and happy. Our hotel is very energetic as we have a famous nightlife and a lively pool as well. For those guests who are looking for a more quiet experience we have a beach pool, beach area, and an amazing Spa.

I will ensure your stay is a more pleasant one and you have a lovely time if you decide to return.

Jennifer

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!