“Here's the nitty gritty” 4 of 5 stars

Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #44 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NEW YORK
“Here's the nitty gritty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Ive been reading so many reviews on this Hotel and most of it has been positive. It is a nice Hotel, nice location. Came to pre-celebrate my birthday with boyfriend and adult kids. Because they needed double beds they got a room in the Tower with a pool and ocean view to die for. I needed a King bed so we got this little room with a view of the entrance door to the next door hotel. Nothing to write home about. Now here is a breakdown of my experience at the Shore Club.

From the moment we pulled up in front the Hotel the staff greeted us, took our baggage and directed us to check in. Check in was quick, friendly and welcoming. Being that we had 2 separate rooms and arrived together, they were kind enough to call our room ahead of time to make sure which room gets what luggage. That made sense. Room was clean, enough room for 2 people. Only negative i will say about the bathroom is that there was NO place, absolutely NO place to put your things in the shower. Everything including the bar of soap will have to be placed on the floor. How could they forget that detail? I strongly recommend you bring liquid body wash because you do NOT want to put your bar soap on the floor. Also as you shower the water does not drain fast enough so you end up showering in a puddle of your shower water...eww for the person that has to shower after you. During the day, the light in the bathroom is very very dim. It seems to get brighter in the evenings. So during the day putting on make up or my contacts was very, very challenging.

Our 1st night we had dinner at Nobu and the service although great, the food was hit and miss. The appetizers, sushi was very good. My daughter had the organic chicken which was very good but i had the Sea Bass which tasted very buttery and lacked flavor. When placing your food order it wouldve been nice if the waiter had given me the heads up on the taste of some of the food like other restaurants do.

We continued the night by going to the Red Room, the nightclub inside the Hotel. It was ok, made the best of it with the small amount of patrons inside. Ended up running a very expensive tab but it is what it is. But was dissapointed on the 2nd night we tried to go in and was stopped at the door because my boyfriend had on jeans shorts. See the 2nd nite (saturday) the nightclub was full, very hip crowd so it wanted to play the exclude 'em game. Even to the Hotel guests. Cant speak for anyone else but you shouldnt judge a person by how they are dressed, especially in SoBe. Even though he had on shorts, he had a very nice dress shirt on, $500 pair of old school sneakers and tasteful jewelry. No hood style whatsoever. He was willing to buy a bottle to compromise but i felt it wasnt worth kissing their butt especially after spending $300 in there the night before. So we went to the bar, got our drinks, chilled at the garden in front the red room and then went to our rooms after, cost us under $30 instead of the $350 bottle we almost bought.

The pool has a good look to it. Very hip, lots of sun, great pool staff, real cool vibe. Loved it! This was the part that made the whole stay worth it. Only recommendations i may have for the pool is that it needs to be cleaned more often. You can see the mold around the tiles. I know its more of a dip pool but sometimes i saw stuff in the water that i just had to ignore was there. They do have pool rules that are 100% totally ignored (especially the one when someone passed by with a dog who tried to jump on several pool beds that had food on them) so i guess thats what makes it fun for everyone, unfortunately we are not all dog lovers and did not find this amusing. Everything goes at this pool and i mean everything. I would also recommend if the covers for the beds and chaise can be unzipped and washed sometimes. Thank god for putting towels over them before you lay on them because looking at them bare, they look so unhygenic and if you have that sensative skin i can see you getting a rash. Other than that just take a hot shower after and i think you will be alright.

Overall i will still recommend this hotel but book a room in the Tower with the pool and ocean view. But for my liking and the cost, next time i may stay at the W South Beach then visit the Skybar on their open nights.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Pansalsa,

Thank you for choosing us to pre-celebrate your birthday with your family! I am sorry your children enjoyed more their room than you did. As we have different towers and many room categories, going from Superiors to Suites, we have something for every budget and preference of space and view.

I am pleased to know your arrival went very well and you were greeted warmly and promptly. Also, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your room. I wish I would know your specific room so my team can look at the issues your raised in order for us to correct them.
With regards to Red Room’s dress code, we do have one in place in the weekends and we do not allow short and sandals for men as it is a club atmosphere. I am glad though that you enjoyed yourselves in the beautiful garden right outside.
On the other hand, I apologize it seemed to you that we ignore our pool rules. Our staff emphasizes the rules to our guests and, although we understand they are looking to have fun, we work hard to do achieve this responsibly. No pets other than service dogs are allowed around the pool area. Pets disturbing our guests are not acceptable and rest assured we will reinforce this policy.

I am sorry you may stay elsewhere when you get back to Miami. Please let me know if you would consider staying with us again and I will oversee everything goes as you wish.

Best,
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Hotel was hyped as a first rate luxury hotel. The rooms were spartan, and the Hotel was not Luxury.
The pool area was terrific, which is the selling point for the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear PuestaDelSol,

I am sorry you did not enjoy our guest rooms' style and decor and you felt the hotel was not luxurious for your taste.

Thank you for recognizing our pool and its vibe, as it is indeed one of South Beach's hotspots!

Thanks,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Shore Club a few weeks ago to, among other things, celebrate our engagement. We've stayed in the Shore Club many times before. And, have many amazing memories there. We absolutely loved the high floor ocean/pool view room with spectacular views. Room service breakfast on the balcony was an incredible way to start the day. Also, special thanks to the amazing Shore Club staff, including Mark and Stephanie! Can't wait to return for another amzing stay!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JMW1616,

Congratulations on your engagement and for choosing Shore Club for such memorable trip! We appreciate your loyalty and are very happy you have treasured such memories with us.

Thank you for complimenting our guest rooms with the unbeatable view and Mark and Stephanie who are an incredible asset to our guest experience. Please contact me directly when you decide to return so we can continue to contribute to great memories.

Thanks,

Abington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My partner & I went for a week... booked on Priceline ... got the SMALLEST freakin room in the place... haha... super tiny! BUT very clean, comfortable and new.

Hotel is OVERPRICED, well actually Miami is over priced. 4 drinks @ pool bar ... $70bucks! They include 18% on everything-- hey, I'll take it... we usually leave 20% or more, but you want 18%, I'll give it to you! Pool servers hover to serve you. Which is both good & bad (annoying)... though they are very nice!

I have no desire to ever return to Miami. BUT if I did, I would stay at this property again- sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Baallen33,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Shore Club. I am sorry your room was too small to your liking. Bookings done through Priceline guarantee a Superior room. However, I am sorry you were not offered a room with more space by simply paying for the price difference.

I agree that South Beach is pricey—especially the drinks! We have competitive pricing to other similar hotels.

We do hope to see you again if you ever decide to return to Miami.

Best,

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

stayed here a couple of years ago when it was cutting edge - now its getting tired. time for a make over.

service and food just ok

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This place is not the romantic place it shows on its website but more of a party hotel. You can hear everything outside your room door even the guest coming back drunk after 530am. There is really no security and people can come and go especially at night. The pool area gets very overcrowded and noisy. They also say pool seats are first come but the best seats go to those who tip the highest. This place is not worth the time and money. There are better hotels on the strip This hotel is living off its past. They really need to update. Read the reviews carefully next time I know I will.

Room Tip: high floor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We just returned from 4 days at the Shore Club for my wife's 40th Birthday. The hotel staff took such incredibly good care of us and couldn't have been nicer! We arrived to champagne from the hotel management to help us celebrate! This level of attentiveness didn't just happen in the hotel, it extended to the restaurants and to the amazing pool the shore club has. We rented a cabana several of the days were were they and aside from partying like Entourage, they made us all feel very special and welcomed. Tiffany, our waitress by the pool the first day was AMAZING!! Thank you Shore club!!!!! I've been coming to S. Beach for 30 years (that hurts to say that!) and have stayed at most of the hotels from Delano to Ritz Carlton and this experience was one of the best!

Room Tip: Ocean front balcony rooms are the way to go!! The beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Zphil911,

I am very pleased we surpassed your expectations and your wife’s birthday stay was a success! Thank you for mentioning our staff made you feel special. I hope their friendliness and attentiveness, as well as our beautiful property, contributed to make your stay at Shore Club the first of many to come.

We would love to have you back!

Jennifer

Been to Shore Club South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!