“Very noisy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Paradise Inn
You added Paradise Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8520 Harding Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #151 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Very noisy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

I stayed at the Paradise Inn and the room I was in had a connecting door to the adjoining room which was locked. There was a 2" gap at the bottom. About 1am someone checked in the adjoining room and immediately put the TV on very loud. I went to the check in desk to complain and although they called the room to turn down the noise nothing was done and they were noisy all night. Everyone spoke Spanish and they didn't seem that welcoming at the front desk to English speakers, I'd never go back there again.

• Stayed November 2004

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I stayed here for 5 days during Memorial Day. The staff was nice and parking was adequate. When we returned to our room the first night, we discovered a legion of roaches had taken over the room through a hole underneath the bathroom sink. The office staff was pleasant about it, but didn't act as if it were a surprise. There was only one room left, but I was allowed to inspect it with a fine tooth comb before switching rooms. (I noticed tenants in the old room the next day, but I didn't see any exterminators!) I later did a poll and found two other people that admitted to roaches in their room. The hotel feels like apartment living. The streets seemed the loudest during the day from normal traffic. My nieghbor (possibly the break room) had a very loud "party" that woke me up every morning from 8am until noon for the staff while they cleaned! The pool was nice (but small), towel supply was low, and the bus stop was very convient. As long as you don't expect much, you won't be disappointed.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2004

I stayed in January 2004. I found this place from the internet. I was looking for a simple, cheap place that was clean. I booked a night while I was still in California.

When I got there, it wasn't not surprising. I knew that the rock bottom prices would not get be the Ritz. The management was helpful in letting me look at two rooms before I pulled the trigger. I took a careful look and agreed to buy one night.

Sleep is important to me. I could not get sleep in my room because the constant car noise from the street sounds like it is sleeping right next to you. The whole night I tossed. The noise was unbearable.

The room amenities. I thought I could live with the old carpet, bathroom, etc. But as the endless night went on, I started to realize that the dimly lit room could have hid more than the modest furnishings.

Why not one star? Because Paradise Inn does not pretend to be more than what it is. The only surprise is the street noise that makes sleep very difficult -- that is difficult to discern up front. The rest is what you see is what you get. Fair is fair.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

Don't go to paradise unless it's the last place in miami to find a private room. If you enjoy spiders that sleep with you, beds that squeek, noisy neighbors on all sides of your room,inefficient efficiences like a warm refrigerator and free parking that will leave your car stuck in the courtyard till late morning then stay here. Go find a place to eat in the morning if you don't think plain bagels and OJ are continental enough for you. The office staff is polite, but the rest of the staff look at you as if you're the reason why their jobs are so miserable. The beach near Paradise is family friendly, but watch out for tar that gets caught in the kelp and doesn't come off of your feet with water. There's a bus stop in front of Paradise where you can take a $2.50 round trip to South Beach (15 mins.) which is much more fun and interesting. The route will take you past Star Island and Lincoln Road. The only benefit of free parking at Paradise is the benefit of saving up to $20 for restricted parking in the rest of miami as well as giving you tons of free time to explore before returning to your hotel room, otherwise save the $120 you'll end up spending on your room and spend it somewhere nicer even if it means you pay $8 for unlimited parking at another Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2004

nice, basic motel for cheap $$. Great for an inexpensive trip to miami, sobo, etc. Bus stops at the curb to get you around (if you need it).
Older decor; my buddies and I stayed in the kitchenette "suite"; it was perfect for us budget-minded guys.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2004

If you want to try living on Miami Beach, then this is the hotel for you. It is clean, safe, and delivers what the web site promises.

If you are looking for a beachfront resort, with numerous dining and shopping options nearby, then pass it by. The nearest location which sells food is publix (supermarket) 9 blocks away. There are NO nearby restaruants. (Get an efficency and grocery shop). If you don't bring a car, it's ok, a busy road out front hosts many local busses (Get a bus route map AHEAD OF TIME).

If you like to take an evening stroll on the beach, also pass this location by. There is a gated beachfront park, which closes promptly at sunset.

• Stayed January 2004, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2003

close to a great beach but thats it. street noise is sooo loud sleep does not come easy. bus stop outside your door. no hot water. a/c did not work this place is not worth more than $30 a night. if this was orlando it would rent for $15 a night. stay at a campground instead.

Been to Paradise Inn? Share your experiences!