“Unbelievable value for beachfront stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Playa de Varadero IV

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
La Playa de Varadero IV
You added La Playa de Varadero IV to your Saves list
18801 Collins Ave. apt 35, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Ranked #181 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
nj
“Unbelievable value for beachfront stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Where else can you get to spend a month on the beach in florida for less than $50 a day? We were in unit 407, nice studio with 2 murphy beds, small couch, plenty of chairs, a foldaway table with 4 chairs that are cleverly inside it, a small tv, small radio, a fridge and most importantly a stove. We mostly cooked our own meals or used the barbeques available. The are 2 pools and then the beach. You can stay next door at a new tower but it would cost you thousands in hotel stay and lord knows how much in food. To summize: La Playa is not a five star hotel but the value is unbeatable for beachfront stay.
We are going back next year or better yet in a few months for a few weeks.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

Be aware. Thete are 2 different buildings: one has been remodeled recently, another is in terrible conditions. They promote the rate starting at $48. For some reason the owner decided to bring the price up to $110 per night. We put a deposit $150(per advertisement is refundable, in reality - is not). When we came to Miami and before paying the rest of the amount we took a look at the room. It looked horrible. The room is small, the sofa - two person berely can fit on it, not saying about sleep. They advertise the room for 4 - 5 people. In this room no more then 2-3 people can sleep. The kitchen: no space to turn around. I do not know how the bathroom looks. Making the story short: we walked away to find the better place to stay.
We obviously made a mistake. We stayed in the Varadero 7-8 years ago, but in another building ($45 oer night) and that was the excellent room.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2005

I was invited by my mother in law to go to Miami Beach this year with my son, we went to La Playa de Varadero, and spend a week there.We were on unit #113, the sink in the bathroom was clogged, the bathroom door would not close, the knob on the front door was broke, the pillows were very uncomfortable, the bed was very hard to sleep in. There was only one toilet paper in the bathroom, no paper towels available, not enough towels, wehn we went to wash them in the washing machine, it took my money and also the dryer, it was very uncomfortable to be there, it is hard to be in a place especially when you don't have transportation to be moving around, we were stuck in the "motel" most of the time. People around were not very friendly, and they are from my own country "cubans".we had to go walking across the street many times to get pizza, that was the closes to us. Also in the paper that was given to us, we were told that the swiming pool would be closed and 11:00 pm, and it was not so, at 8:00 pm they closed it.
I was very happy when it was time to come home, I don't recommended to anybody. The beach was the best, a little bit dirty though. Tha's about it.
We had to go shopping to get all the things that were missing.
Not happy at all. Not coming back.

Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2004

Wow,I just can't believe how GREAT La Playa de Varadero is. Both my girlfriend and I had a terrific time there. We met with the owners of unit#127 and they made our stay there a very pleasant one. We walked on the beach, got a fabulous tan, BBQand much more. You can't beat the price for all that you get. The unit inside has everyting we needed to enjoy ourselves. It's painted with beautiful caribean colors. Kitchen is well equipt. What I loved the most is that Unit#127 IS VERY CLEAN,CONFORTABLE and best of all, NO ROACHES. We loved it so much, we already reserved the unit for the week of 4th of July. Can't wait!!!! I honestly recomend UNIT# 127 to everyone who's looking for a GREAT rental.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2004

We stayed at La Playa de Vardero IV for one and one-half days and then had to find and pay for another place to stay. For one thing, we were taken over by the ants. When we mentioned this problem to the gentleman at the front desk, he informed me that they exterminate once a week.
Another problem was that we were given a list of amenities that were supposedly in the unit, and many of them were not. We were told that just because they were on the list, didn't mean that they were actually in the unit! And we should just go down the street and BUY them! The last straw was when it was suggested that we wash our own towels; naturally, we expected to have towel service on vacation, even in a condo. There are no refunds, so we had to lose all of our money and pay for a hotel down the street, but what a difference! To be fair, the pool area and beach area truly are beautiful, though....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2004

My sister and I stayed at La Playa de Varadero IV in December 2003 in unit #137. This was my first trip to Florida and I didn't know what to expect. I was immediately impressed by the relaxed atmosphere at the resort. The unit was spotless and tastefully decorated in a tropical theme. We were steps from the beach which was beautiful and quiet.
There were also two swimming pools (one hot and one cold) to enjoy.
There are world class resorts to either side of La Playa which made for a very upscale neighborhood with great shopping and restaurants nearby.
I would definitely return to La Playa with my husband and two children next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2003

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Playa in March of 2003 for spring break. I wasn't expecting it to be an extremely nice place, because it was so cheap. But when we got there I was mistaken. For less than $500.00, we stayed there for 8 nights. It was wonderful. Even though we are in college, we don't really like that whole party scene, and I was glad to find that it was far enough away from South Beach so that we didn't have to put up with immature spring breakers. But it was still close enough for us to drive there whenever we felt like partying. The beach is great and it is pretty quiet. It doesn't get too crowded, and when it does it is just families and retired couples trying to relax.
The room we had was clean, and I had no complaints. It wasn't a luxury suite but it was nice. We liked it so much that we went back in August.
And we are planning another trip in 2004!

Been to La Playa de Varadero IV? Share your experiences!