“All about location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo, Norway
“All about location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

A professional and service-minded crew, and for the price, the hotel is not bad. The room was quiet and equipped with an effective AC - though the bathroom was particularly outdated as well as an old fitted carpet never really feels too clean. The location is lovely, and if that is your top priority it is totally worth it (for the price, I think this is among the better choices, unless you are willing to compromise on location). Don't bother using the hotels parking, it is pricey and inconvenient (you may not come and go freely, and you have to renew it day by day) - there are many nearby and cheap parking houses. In summary, don't expect too much, and Haddon Hall will do just fine.

Room Tip: To escape early traffic noise from Collins avenue, ask for a room facing the other way.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are kind of old, but they were clean. For that price it is a very good deal, because have a great location, it's 5 mins away from everything, the pool is nice and they also have a private parking even can fit 5-10 cars

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This building has an attractive, art deco exterior, and they have a nice pool too. Our room, however, was old and worn – but it served its purpose (check the photos). The location is excellent, just one block from the northern end of Ocean Drive and a short walk to the beach. And the price was right.

Don’t come here if you’re looking for luxury. You can’t have, and shouldn’t expect to have, it all for what we paid but, all things considered, Haddon Hall is one of the best deals in South Beach. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I'm not sure why this place got lousy reviews. It was just fine for me. If you're expecting the Ritz for ~100$/night, you deserve to be disappointed, I guess.

I stayed here for a week, while I was working an event. I worked during the night and slept during the day. When I checked in I asked the front desk to place me somewhere quiet. I guess they did. I was not disturbed at all. I was also surprised to have a little kitchen in my room. The hotel met all of my criteria: the shower was hot, the air conditioner was cold, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. They are kind of cheap when it comes to the pillows, but I brought my own, so I was fine. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything and just a few blocks from the beach, shopping, and places to eat. For the price, you can't beat it!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and internet ;)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Good location, but you can see it's an old and it should make some changes until it would be better. The room was ok size, but the bathroom was terrible and if you have a room by the Collins avenue, forget the sleep

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have a room by the Collins avenue
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I would like to say that at first I was not sure about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews but I am really glad I chose this property. I stayed in room 329 for a week and I can say that I had no issues. The front desk agent Taryn was very pleasant and was always professional and courteous whenever I had to pass her in the lobby. The location of the hotel was perfect. Close to eveverything such as the beach and shopping and dining. On my next stay in Miami I will definitely be booking this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Haddon hall hotel in February . We had a double room on the 3rd floor. The room really could do with new beds and new carpet. We had a problem with hunts. At the beginning we just said if they could spray the room but after the second day the problem got worse. So I went down to the reception try to ask for something to spray. Luckily the manager Claudio was there and he took matter in his hands. He was very helpful and he offer me to change room. He gave us a room by the pool. Nice and spacious. He also solved a problem with the tv by replacing with a new one. I would like to thank Claudio for taking care of the problems in a very professional way. The hotel could be a really nice place with a bit of refurbishment. Great location.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Haddon Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!