“One of the best deals in South Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hall, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

You added The Hall, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
The Hall, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Haddon Hall Hotel) (City Center)   |
Ranked #149 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Forest Hills, New York
“One of the best deals in South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This building has an attractive, art deco exterior, and they have a nice pool too. Our room, however, was old and worn – but it served its purpose (check the photos). The location is excellent, just one block from the northern end of Ocean Drive and a short walk to the beach. And the price was right.

Don’t come here if you’re looking for luxury. You can’t have, and shouldn’t expect to have, it all for what we paid but, all things considered, Haddon Hall is one of the best deals in South Beach. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I'm not sure why this place got lousy reviews. It was just fine for me. If you're expecting the Ritz for ~100$/night, you deserve to be disappointed, I guess.

I stayed here for a week, while I was working an event. I worked during the night and slept during the day. When I checked in I asked the front desk to place me somewhere quiet. I guess they did. I was not disturbed at all. I was also surprised to have a little kitchen in my room. The hotel met all of my criteria: the shower was hot, the air conditioner was cold, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. They are kind of cheap when it comes to the pillows, but I brought my own, so I was fine. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything and just a few blocks from the beach, shopping, and places to eat. For the price, you can't beat it!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and internet ;)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Good location, but you can see it's an old and it should make some changes until it would be better. The room was ok size, but the bathroom was terrible and if you have a room by the Collins avenue, forget the sleep

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have a room by the Collins avenue
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I would like to say that at first I was not sure about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews but I am really glad I chose this property. I stayed in room 329 for a week and I can say that I had no issues. The front desk agent Taryn was very pleasant and was always professional and courteous whenever I had to pass her in the lobby. The location of the hotel was perfect. Close to eveverything such as the beach and shopping and dining. On my next stay in Miami I will definitely be booking this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Haddon hall hotel in February . We had a double room on the 3rd floor. The room really could do with new beds and new carpet. We had a problem with hunts. At the beginning we just said if they could spray the room but after the second day the problem got worse. So I went down to the reception try to ask for something to spray. Luckily the manager Claudio was there and he took matter in his hands. He was very helpful and he offer me to change room. He gave us a room by the pool. Nice and spacious. He also solved a problem with the tv by replacing with a new one. I would like to thank Claudio for taking care of the problems in a very professional way. The hotel could be a really nice place with a bit of refurbishment. Great location.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Location is brilliant, 1 street behind ocean drive and the great south beach, surrounded by restaurants, shops, bars. However, everything else was pretty poor!! Pool is nice yes but it's got about 10 loungers around it which were all taken all day and from about 3pm most of them are in the shade anyway as is the pool. The room we had (229) was dark dank and smelly. Non smoking but above the smoking area so it stank of smoke anyway. The blinds or curtains don't shut so its quite light at night, the bathroom is tiny and the shower is crap. The pressure is great but the temperature goes from boiling hot to freezing cold every few seconds so its difficult to have a shower for any longer than about 5 minutes. The room smelled of damp too and there was also mould on the mirror in the tiny bathroom. Parking was $20 a night and they for even gaurentee your space once you've paid so you can't go in and out, wifi is also $10 a day so if you need both of these add $45 to your room rate daily inc taxes. Shockingly expensive for what it is but I guess it's the location your paying for as Miami is awesome.

• Stayed February 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed here many times and this is one of my favorite locations. Two blocks from the beach, four blocks from Lincoln Rd & Washington Lane, three blocks from Espanola way. Nice big lobby, huge swimming pool, nice water fountain out front, great for taking pictures.. Great pre-cruise location. ohh and they will store your luggage for you if you have a late flight after you check out.

Room Tip: Suites in the corners are spacious and give you a nice view of the hustle & bustle of Collins av...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hall, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!