“Depends on the rate you get....” 3 of 5 stars

Haddon Hall Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #142 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Diego, California
“Depends on the rate you get....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was my first time staying in South Beach. I was shocked at the hotel rates. Haddon Hall is a fantastic location, right on Collins Ave, one block off of Ocean. Yes, the place is old, no frills, the rooms are "cold feeling" at best, and the carpet is old and sticky feeling.

However, we waited until the day before and booked it through Hotels.com. We got a rate of $90 a night. That was WAY lower than anything else in the area. For that, great deal. However, the following weekend friends paid $260 for the same hotel. That is a rip-off!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Haddon1, Manager at Haddon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate when our guests leave an honest, unbiased opinion of our hotel. We do pride ourselves on offering the best value on the beach which you clearly received. You do however comment on the rate that your friends payed which you feel is too much. Rest assured that when our rates are that high, any other hotel on the beach charges the same or more than we do.

Anyway next time you are on the beach, please consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Luck, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

But in order to continue, i had to give it one. We have never, ever stayed in such a mildewy smelling dump like this ever! And for the prices they charge! DISAPPOINTED! to say the least. Front desk was so-so considering the rudeness of the blonde female property manager or owner - not sure what she was, but she sure should NOT be in the hospitality industry! If she worked for us with an attitude like that, she would be out of a job immediately.
DO NOT STAY THERE IF YOU WANT FRESH SMELLING, CLEAN, SOMEWHAT UPDATED GUESTROOMS & BATHROOMS FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY, You do not get what you pay for here!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

You walk into the hotel and first thing that hits you is the smell. It smells like a wet dog and the smell stayed the whole time I was there. The lobby was outdated and the was no business area. The hotel employees were dressed in jeans and tee shirts. The room was outdated and the was mold growing on the tiles in the shower.

Room Tip: Do not stay here there is no good room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Okay, first I have to say that I stayed in the Wyndham for 7 nights. So, having seen the tiniest bathroom known to man, I was happy to stay in a place that had a normal bathroom and normal sized room. Sure, it's a little aged, but to me that was part of the art deco fun. The Olympic size pool is great, although unheated.Part of the Art Deco atmosphere is enhanced by the old furniture. Who cares--are you planning to stay in your room instead of the beach etc? There is a library and another room with snack and drink machines. It was clean and charming, in an old-fashioned way, on Collins Ave and one block from the beach. And why do people keep referring to the Wyndham as Art Deco, it's more like Art Disaster. So, which would you prefer, a slightly older atmospheric place for $90 or a closet for $269, apparently the going rate? (btw, thank goodness we only paid $85/night through a special on Orbitz)

Room Tip: We had room 111. You can see the ocean when you look down the street.. Even though our windows were...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel was built in 1941, and very little has changed. It is in a good location, and it was clean. Not much more good that I can say. The daytime desk attendant is crouchy, and the nighttime desk attendant is lazy. I got a low rate at the last minute on Hotwire, but if I had paid anywhere near "list" price I would be very upset.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lviv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel is not fancy or fantastic. If you're not looking for 5* hotel and you need a hotel just to sleep in - it's pretty nice. The location is just great - about 2 min to the beach, close to the shopping and restaurants area.
The building is historical art-deco sight. The pool area is ok. Pool's not that small. Parking is very small - for about 8 cars.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am a pretty easy going guy. I read the reviews and on this place before I booked my weekend trip for the BCS championship game. I snickered at all the negativity. I thought there was no way it could be that bad. Dated and ugly, sure. I figured no big deal, we wouldn't be in the room much anyway. How wrong I was. Absolutely horribly rude staff all the way around. They don't care if you enjoy your stay because some other sucker will check in tomorrow. Filthy does not begin to describe the state of the room. Mildew all over the bathroom, stains all over the linen. Carpet smells and is sticky. Exposed rusty plumbing on toilet and sinks and towel racks. Broken tv. Linens didn't fit the bed and I woke up sleeping on bare mattress! I woke up after one night and I was so sick my brother had to assist me in walking the city to get to the game. i was so sick I almost told him several times to sell my ticket. we spent $4000 on our 2 tickets and all i wanted was to be home. haddon hall ruined the most exciting trip i was ever a part of. the staff couldnt even offer a smilei

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Haddon Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!