“beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE - Up to 25%
Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Paphos, Cyprus
“beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

we started our honeymoon with this beautiful hotel! we came a long way (Cyprus-Europe)
we had some trouble with our luggage and the staff especially Joshua (concierge) help us a lot. He help us get around south beach where to eat and shop. The decoration of the hotel is charming in his own special way. The swimming pool oh my god nice quiet and clean! I will definitely go again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
Thank you so much for this review. Josh and our entire staff are indeed the best on the beach. As well, I'm happy you appreciated the charm captured in our design and setting. We look forward to your next trip.

All the best,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

The Delano had a very peaceful decor to it. The room I stayed in was very serene and relaxing. The pool was fabulous and the staff was very accomodating.

Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
Thank you! I am happy that you found your stay dreamy and our staff attentive; our aim is to deliver just that experience. We look forward to your next visit.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Delano. Staff were excellent. Service by the pool was great. Other than the white painted floors and the miniscule bathrooms, the room was more than acceptable. Keep in mind this was an old hotel converted into a modern high end hotel, so many of the existing features remain. Great location as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Thank you for your recent visit and for this great review. Yes, we are focused on the service--or better yet, we focus on you with the service. As you and so many others have commented, our pool staff, like the rest of the team, is top notch--the best on the beach! Yes, our footprint is that of a 1947 hotel; as such, our bathrooms are on the smaller side. But the style and overall vibe of Delano is unique and beyond amazing. Thank you for staying with us and experiencing this for yourself. We hope to see you again soon.

Lambertville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This was our fifth trip to the Delano, and we brought back my brother and sister in law (who stayed their last year on their honeymoon, per our recommendation), and as usual, we had an great experience. Service was superior - I am amazed at how fast the housekeeping staff brings something to your room when you need it.! I also want to comment on our pool waiter, Diego - great service!!! We felt like valued guests. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Thanks so much for the shout-out to the pool staff as well as to our housekeepers. They, like the rest of us, are committed to delivering a very special experience to you and all of our guests. We will see you on your anniversary, right?

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have stayed at Delano in the past but this time decided to book a poolside bungalow for the long 4th of July weekend. From beginning to end everything about the stay was better than expected. The quality of the food poolside and through room service was beyond great... as good as I have come to expect at some of the nicest restaurants I frequent. I don't think a single staff person passed the entire weekend without asking if they could do or get something for us and our guests (we also reserved a cabana one day and had 8 guests join us for the day) were all treated as valued guests of the hotel. The concierge was not only able to secure a tailor who could fit a dress on very short notice but was also able to secure a table at one of the nicest restaurants in SoBe with almost no notice. Overall every person I dealt with at the hotel from check in to check out was professional, pleasant and eager to make our stay as nice as it could be. I have been to over 50 countries and 400 cities and am grateful to have found such a wonderful place so close to home. I have already booked another "bungalow weekend" for next month.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jefoster
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
A very cool review from a very cool guest. I'm glad you enjoyed your Bungalow experience and we look forward to repeating success next month. Isn't our staff the best? I'm glad you found the casual yet attentive service to your liking.

Welcome to the family!

Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

For years I have gone on trip advisor to read everyone else's review, but this is the very first time I have felt compelled to write my own! My husband and I recently stayed at the Delano and it was everything we expected and SO much more! My husband and I (in our mid thirties) are well traveled, and I have never experienced such great personalized service...ever!
From Ellis,who was absolutely amazing and responsive at answering all my questions before we even arrived (and I know I probably drove him crazy), to Jon (who kindly sent up a bottle of Champagne upon arrival)! Then there was Gabe and Soleil at the pool (that always made us feel like a rock star) and Gabriel who completly took care of us and made the most incredible drinks ever at The Florida Room. Oh, I cannot forget to mention Brian at the conceirge desk, he was incredibly on target with all of his reccomendations and remembered our name from the first day (actually, they all did)!

It has been only a couple of weeks since we have been back in California, and just yesterday my husband and I started planning our next trip this August (instead of our usual Vegas at the Bellagio and Rehab pool party at Hard Rock)...only this time we are bringing a couple of friends!

Thanks again Ellis, Jon, Gabe, Sole, Gabriel and Brian....see you in August!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you so much! We loved having you both with us!
I’m so happy that you sought me out before you arrived so that I could answer your questions and start getting you set up. I can truly say that on behalf of everyone here, we loved having you stay with us. You mention some outstanding and seasoned employees in your review, and as I’ve mentioned before on here, there are many dozens of unseen yet equally devoted members of our team who are committed to ensuring you feel at home when you are here-- there can be no other hotel for you in South Beach except Delano.
Welcome to the family, we’ll see you in August!
Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed 3 days Key West and then on to thr Dealano fot another 3 days. The room "Ocean view" was all white ..beautiful...but it was obvious that this hotel was for people with money..big money...$ 24 for breakfast..EACH...$ 16 for sorbet! $ 20 for an umbrella on the beach...like I said it is off my bucket list..will not go back..concierge was nice but they do not really help you much where to go ..what to do..I think it's me just out of my bracket..but it was nice to see how the beautiful people live..wish I stayed in Key West 3 more days thoiugh with real people and prices!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. I’m happy you were here but sorry we weren’t the hotel for you.
Kind regards,