“Nickel and dimed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #40 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Nickel and dimed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

So I still love this place-Amazing service and über cool. But it has gotten a little out of control on the fee's for everything- they are like the spirit airlines of hotels. Need bandaid - 5 dollars, beach chair 50, breakfast sandwich I kid you no $28. Mediocre pool drinks $20. I guess u gotta pay to play but I probably ain't gonna play there next time when there are nicer hotels with better amenities in the area now.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Charlestontomyrtle
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. While I am happy to see you still love our property, I am sadden to read you may not return. I wanted to touch on a few of the points you mentioned regarding the cost of certain items. We do sell packs of band aids in the rooms, but if you only needed one or two, we do provide these at the front desk free of charge. The beach lounge chairs are complementary for hotel guests, but there is an additional cost if you decided to upgrade to a beach bed or beach cabana. If you felt the drinks you received in the pool area were not up to standard, we are always happy to re-make your beverage until it is up to or even beyond your standard. If you do decide to return, I am happy to help you with reservations and in any other way I can
Highest regards,

1,206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Being my first trip to Miami we decided to stay at the Delano in South Beach based on a friends recommendation. We were very happy with this hotel, the location is great and the rooms are huge but the bathroom comparitively small. The pool is just gorgeous and we spent many hours just chilling out by the pool drinking listening to some relaxing dance tunes. The staff were also very friendly catering to our needs and the food at the restuarant was fantastic. You have to try the Kobe burger and fries. The architecture and decor of the place is amazing, my wife and I loved the Art Deco style and the fit out of the lobby is first rate. The night club in the hotel was great as well. Next time I am in Miami I will definitely be staying here. .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fuboi88,
Thank you for your review. It is always motivating to know when our guests have enjoyed their experience and I am overjoyed to see that you enjoyed your stay so much you will be returning. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com. I am happy to help you booking and also reviewing other rooming options. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at the Delano on Saturday, April 12th for my bachelorette party for just one night. We had 11 girls in 3 beautiful rooms. We could not have picked a better hotel to celebrate. Our stay was perfect.
The best thing about the Delano is the staff...starting with the bell service. Thank you to Caesar and Sam for caring our 20 some bags with a smile and then moving them between our 3 rooms. The front desk was pleasant and so willing to make sure we had a great stay. We loved the pool bartenders! They are really nice and make amazing drinks! Brunch looked fabulous, unfortunately we did not have a chance to eat there but we will surely eat there on our next stay. I highly recommend the Delano to anyone thinking of getting a hotel in South Beach!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kellydefo,
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to see that we were able to make such a unforgettable stay for you and your party. You completely “hit the nail on the head”, our most notable strength is our staff and it is always great to see when individual associates help to create everlasting memories. Thank you for the staff members you mentioned, I will be sure to pass along your encouraging comments. Please feel free to reach to me when you are interested in returning. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards,
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have dined at this hotel three or four times over the last several years and I have been very pleased each time. My last visit was Sunday, March 30. We enjoyed brunch on the outdoor patio of the hotel restaurant, Bianco. Our Server, Juan, was excellent. Also one of the managers stopped by our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I will definitely return again during my next trip to South Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My friend and I were staying in Ft. Lauderdale and took a drive down to South Beach because my friend had been to the Delano on a previous trip. Having a martini at the fancy little table in the pool, checking out all the quirky/eclectic pieces of furniture, and wandering around seeing the "Living Room" lamp shades and chess game in the gardens made for an interesting and fun evening. Would definitely go back - hopefully for more than just a drink next time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Delano while on business, and it is a gorgeous, scenic hotel. However, the rooms are small for the price and when I requested a small makeup mirror (hard to put on eye makeup with glasses off if you can't see the bathroom mirror), it never showed up. I had called ahead of time and asked again at check in, was assured it was on the way right then but again, it never arrived. The rooms are very very white so any speck of dirt is immediately apparent. Food is just OK, but room toiletries are top notch and the pool area is stunning. I'd like to experience the hotel as a vacationer as opposed to a business traveler, as I think my opinion would be more favorable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear francie413,
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize about the make-up mirror snafu, it is completely unacceptable and should not have transpired the way it did. This is not a frequent request so I am confident I can find out the reasoning for you not receiving the mirror. I am sorry that you felt the food was just OK. I would like to know why you felt this way about the food, so that I may bring to the attention of my Food and Beverage director. I would also like to extend my services to you; whenever you would like to return please do not hesitate to reach out to me. You may contact me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com
Kindest regards,
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed at the Delano for a few days in Miami.
Good location if you need to stay in South Beach.
Most hotels in Sobe are older and rooms are on the small side. One thing that was annoying is the noise from the street below...very difficult to sleep with all the horns honking. The windows don't do anything to dampen sound and it's very loud.
Next time I'll stay in mid-beach and drive into South Beach if necessary.
Having said that, this hotel has Excellent service from all of it's staff.
The pool area was paradise and they made the best Mojito I've ever had anywhere!
The staff works hard to maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and everyone is friendly and there to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
If I had to stay in Sobe again I would consider the Delano, but would choose a room facing the ocean instead, only to get a better night's sleep (although the bed was definitely comfortable).

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are quieter.