“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #38 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Boca Raton, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the Delano on Saturday, April 12th for my bachelorette party for just one night. We had 11 girls in 3 beautiful rooms. We could not have picked a better hotel to celebrate. Our stay was perfect.
The best thing about the Delano is the staff...starting with the bell service. Thank you to Caesar and Sam for caring our 20 some bags with a smile and then moving them between our 3 rooms. The front desk was pleasant and so willing to make sure we had a great stay. We loved the pool bartenders! They are really nice and make amazing drinks! Brunch looked fabulous, unfortunately we did not have a chance to eat there but we will surely eat there on our next stay. I highly recommend the Delano to anyone thinking of getting a hotel in South Beach!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1,115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have dined at this hotel three or four times over the last several years and I have been very pleased each time. My last visit was Sunday, March 30. We enjoyed brunch on the outdoor patio of the hotel restaurant, Bianco. Our Server, Juan, was excellent. Also one of the managers stopped by our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I will definitely return again during my next trip to South Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Apple Valley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My friend and I were staying in Ft. Lauderdale and took a drive down to South Beach because my friend had been to the Delano on a previous trip. Having a martini at the fancy little table in the pool, checking out all the quirky/eclectic pieces of furniture, and wandering around seeing the "Living Room" lamp shades and chess game in the gardens made for an interesting and fun evening. Would definitely go back - hopefully for more than just a drink next time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is the second time I've stayed at the Delano while on business, and it is a gorgeous, scenic hotel. However, the rooms are small for the price and when I requested a small makeup mirror (hard to put on eye makeup with glasses off if you can't see the bathroom mirror), it never showed up. I had called ahead of time and asked again at check in, was assured it was on the way right then but again, it never arrived. The rooms are very very white so any speck of dirt is immediately apparent. Food is just OK, but room toiletries are top notch and the pool area is stunning. I'd like to experience the hotel as a vacationer as opposed to a business traveler, as I think my opinion would be more favorable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear francie413,
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize about the make-up mirror snafu, it is completely unacceptable and should not have transpired the way it did. This is not a frequent request so I am confident I can find out the reasoning for you not receiving the mirror. I am sorry that you felt the food was just OK. I would like to know why you felt this way about the food, so that I may bring to the attention of my Food and Beverage director. I would also like to extend my services to you; whenever you would like to return please do not hesitate to reach out to me. You may contact me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com
Kindest regards,
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Delano for a few days in Miami.
Good location if you need to stay in South Beach.
Most hotels in Sobe are older and rooms are on the small side. One thing that was annoying is the noise from the street below...very difficult to sleep with all the horns honking. The windows don't do anything to dampen sound and it's very loud.
Next time I'll stay in mid-beach and drive into South Beach if necessary.
Having said that, this hotel has Excellent service from all of it's staff.
The pool area was paradise and they made the best Mojito I've ever had anywhere!
The staff works hard to maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and everyone is friendly and there to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
If I had to stay in Sobe again I would consider the Delano, but would choose a room facing the ocean instead, only to get a better night's sleep (although the bed was definitely comfortable).

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear figs7777,
Thank you for submitting your review. I am happy to read that you did enjoy your overall Delano experience. I know you mentioned noise coming from the street and that it was a disruption for you. I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com when you are interested in returning. I am happy to go over rooming options with you to ensure you get the most accommodating room during your next stay. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just spent four nights (4/2-4/6) at the Delano in a loft suite and never wanted to leave. The entire stay was perfect. Dwight Palacious handled our reservation and truly made us feel welcomed and appreciated. He's great at his job as the "Guest Experience manager." The other three people that stood out to us were JC (front door), Marco (pool) and Oscar (beach.) All of these people remembered us by name and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time.
We've stayed at other hotels in Sobe such as the W and Ritz. They're all very nice. The difference with the Delano is that the staff is much more personable. It's not a small hotel, but it has a small hotel feel.
Everything about this place is cool. The lobby, the rooms (albeit, some have small footprints,) the outdoor areas, etc. all look like they're out of a movie set. We're wound pretty tightly and by the second day, we couldn't tell what time it was at any particular time of day because we were so relaxed.
If you want to impress the person you're with, this is the place I would recommend above all other hotels in Sobe. And as a final suggestion, remember, the people that work here aren't robots nor is the Delano a 'not for profit.' While they all seem to like their jobs, they are there to make a living. Therefore, be polite and respectful to the staff and tip well, and I assure you that they will be appreciative and reciprocate tenfold. At least that was our experience.

Room Tip: Loft suites are very nice, that's what we've had our last two visits.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear joandsh,
Thank you for submitting your review and for mentioning all the staff members that helped create your memorable experience. You completely hit the nail on the head; what really separates us from other hotels in South Beach is our staff. We have some of the most talented, considerate, and passionate people around. I will be sure to forward your kind words to those you mentioned. It was truly a pleasure to have you and please do not hesitate to reach out to me for anything. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Warmest regards,
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked two rooms at the Epic Hotel in Downtown Miami, mistakenly assuming that we'd be close to the Miami Boat Show. The Epic was nice and new, but in a very noisy and cramped location (it's a nightmare trying to drive in and out of that hotel), and glitzy rather than classy. We didn't care for it. Once we discovered that the Boat Show took place mostly in Miami Beach, we decided to move there for our last night in town, and chose the Delano. It's an older hotel, the rooms are small, utterly charmless, and overpriced...but we liked it. Great location near both the beach and the shops, the crowd was lively and colorful, Sunday Brunch at the hotel's Bianca Restaurant was superb (many thanks to Claudia, our attentive and charming waitress...), and the pool scene was...interesting. I don't pretend to know South Beach well, and there may well be better hotels in the area, but we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!