“great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #43 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coral Gables, Florida
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Spent a mere 2 nights at the Delano over the holidays with my fiance' and had the most wonderful stay. The staff were beyond friendly and accomodating and the hotel itself so clean and stylish. Delano came highly recommended by one of my business clients. I'm so glad we opted to stay with them.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I are from New York City and had an amazing honeymoon week at the Delano. We spent almost everyday at the pool (eating tuna tar tar and kobe burgers) and the few days we didn't, we wish we had. The staff is amazing from Lee, Jose, Caesar and Julian in the front, to the pool staff including Soledad, Benito & David (or Stephan depending on day) along with the artistic serving duo of Julie & Marko. Everyone was incredible the entire time and in every way. We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back. If you're looking for a great place to get away from it all, the Delano is the place to be.

Room Tip: Beachside rooms are the best
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Courtenay D,
Thank you for staying with us for such a special occasion and for completing your review. Our staff are among the most considerate and caring people in Miami Beach; I am thrilled to see so many individuals helped make your experience so unforgettable. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to everyone you mentioned. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to return, I would be more than happy to make sure your next stay is as good as the first (hopefully even better). You may reach me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com.
Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at the Delano for 4 nights over thanksgiving weekend and loved it. It's the kind of place where all the staff knows your name within the first day. The pool scene is great, although you have to be on the north side (facing south) to get sun all day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

There are alot of hip hotels to stay at on Collins Avenue - we are so happy we chose the Delano, upon recommendations from friends. The modern decor and architecture blend in well with the Art Deco style and don't detract from the beautiful beaches and beautiful people. Our room on the 12th floor had a gorgeous view of the ocean and was quiet - really there was nothing more we could have asked for. The location is close to everything.

All of this was wonderful but what really made the trip for us was the service and staff - absolutely everyone there was a professional and extremely down to earth and kind. I felt like we had every need (and even some needs we didn't even know we had) taken care of - from the wonderful pool bar staff (Yulia, Anna, Soledad and Diego among others) to the beyond helpful concierge (D'Michael) who got us hooked up with dinner reservations and clubs. Zulfiya at the front desk was a star checking us in and helping with the bill.

Cannot wait to be back and see everyone again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AP94920,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I am happy to hear that you were recommended to us by your friends and that you enjoyed your Delano experience. It is always so encouraging to see that expectations are surpassed and also, that our team was able to make your stay that much more memorable. I am happy to help you with anything I can if you are ever looking to return. You may reach me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com.
Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Delano is breathtaking. I loved the white curtains billowing in the breeze. at the entrance and throughout the lobby and patio. My daughter and I stayed there for 6 nights over Christmas and it was a delightful experience.
The staff are all friendly and attentive. The pool is amazing. It is really warm, stretches out towards the bar area and beach entrance and is surrounded by lush foliage and you are waited on by beautiful servers, male and female bringing drinks and food.
Location is great, close to everything including Lincoln Rd shopping.
The room was a little small compared to some and the bathroom tight for two women trying to get ready but the white, pristine décor of the room made up for it.
We ate dinner and breakfasted in the Bianca Restaurant a number of times and thought the food although beautifully presented was mediocre for the prices. except for the Filet Mignon which was unbeatable. The service however, was excellent and we were well taken-care of our servers, Fernando, Jason and Gennaro,
Overall, The Delano is a beautiful experience and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Book early and get a suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We booked the Delano for a quick getaway, which eventually turned into a nightmare. First impression, beautiful lobby (open and airy), pool/ beach gorgeous....beyond that it's all down hill. Check in - 1 person at desk so we had to wait 30-45mins before even getting to speak to front desk. First room, stinks of smoke (reservation was for none smoking room), second room- across from elevator, fifthly and clearly never cleaned from previous guest ( I took cell phone pics to show front desk)- since we had to wait on line again for another room (still only 1 person at check in at 3:30pm). Finally, third room TINY, OLD, MUSTY and overall SAD looking - clearly the room maintenance is pitiful - they only do "patch up" and "touch up" work on rooms. We were paying well over $800 per night for absolute crap! I couldn't wait to check out of this total dump, which we ended up doing. Left after one night and checked into Ritz... If I could give the Delano zero stars I would.

Room Tip: Do Not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Jo-T-Travel,
Thank you for your review and please allow me to apologize for you went through with us. While your stay is not by any means typical of Delano, it is clear that we did not achieve your expectations. We always want our guests to enjoy their Delano experience and our staff is more than happy to go above & beyond to make certain you have a wonderful stay. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back and personally handle your accommodations. I would greatly appreciate it if you gave us another chance to make up for the subpar experience you had. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com, I will make it my personal goal to guarantee the best stay possible.
Kind regards,
Kingsbury London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013, and i know its a little late but the honest truth is that i simply forgot to come back on here to give the review.

I stayed here with about 60 co-workers as an all paid holiday and what an amazing hotel, friendly staff, great food, impressive pool, and right on the door step of the beach. Infact you can exit at the rear where the pool is located which takes you onto the beach.
The rooms are clean, tidy and well presented. Ths showers are large, marble and has pure luxury.
The beds are soft, and I had one of the best nights sleep ever! There is a flatscreen on the wall with plenty of channels to choose from. There are ipad located in the rooms, and ipod docks for music.
The views are truely breathtaking, the reception and hallway spectacular and the giant chair a nice touch.
Watch out, the mini bar as impressive as it is, is on the pricey side. Also the luxury soap stuff in the bathroom isnt free, which my friend found out when he was checking out.
The location is perfect, and within walking distance to the bars, shops and many restaurants.

I would highly recommend this hotel and scores a 10/10 on all levels.

On a final note, i received a nice email a few days later thanking me for my stay and if i had any thoughts on how to improve things via a survey.....something which i thought was a nice touch.

Will definately be coming back next time im in Miami!

Room Tip: i was in a room third from the top and at the front of the hotel by the main road. I found it to be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!