“OK, but not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #47 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
The Woodlands, Texas
“OK, but not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Employees of hotel were exceptional (except for cleaning staff). For security purpose, asked for room and name once, after that for the next 4 days not questioned once. Nick and Victor at the pool bar were friendly and the best part of my wife's and I's experience. Pool waitresses are a treat also, let you guess the reason for that. Beach employees were great and very helpful.

Food from the pool bar area was very good and reasonably priced for the S. Beach with a good variety of food and drink. Ate one night at the restarrant and had a very good meal and experience. Followup note from Bradford (waiter), appreciated by my wife.

Hotel room was disappointing. Had unpleasant odor (wet musty) that only went away with O2 machine in the room. If in the room, 1 of us had to use the bed or a plastic chair to sit as there was only room for 1 comfortable chair. You don't want to stay in room much and we didn't but still room was a little small.

Housekeeping did not leave towels one night and wash clothes and hand towels the next. Took 2 phones calls each night and one hour to get replacements. Sign says the hotel was eco-friendly and there were 4 sets of everything when we got there. We hung up the towels as instructed but they took the 2 towels we used plus the 2 that were not used and didn't put anything to replace them.

Very few places to sit outside the hotel (inside for that matter except for the bar area) where you could have a drink and enjoy the weather. With no balconies unless you were drinking at the pool bar or eating at the restaurant, then it was tough to sit and relax anywhere.

Overall enjoyed the stay but expected more with the price. If we come back, we would probably stay somewhere else but definetly come visit the bar area at night.

Room Tip: Ocean view upgrade is not worth the price. Small
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I love staying here. We get the atmosphere that we expect and accommodations that are rare. We know, each time we stay, that service here will always be above and beyond. Always bending over backwards with any request, grinning ear to ear while doing so . It's lovely coming back to a hotel where the staff know you by name. To us, it is a home away from home.
We came in for a week, a day after our wedding, to "pre-moon" it. We both are world travelers and this is the spot we picked. After hearing the importance this trip meant to us, the staff immediately upgraded us across the board. We were immediately given a bungalow overflowing with gifts from staff. There is a reason when we come here, we don't leave the property, we don't have too. If you need it, they bring it to you. Lee Greenspan and his team make this a home for us. Keep up the great work. When you want to escape, this hotel offers that sliver of paradise others strive for. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The long pool and back bar is the highlight of this classic south beach hotel. There are several restaurant inside which are on par with others in the area but are a decent option.

Rose bar and Florida draw a good crowd on weekends

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had high expectations, having stayed here in 2003, but on arrival the room wasn't cleaned properly. When this was pointed out though, the staff bent over backwards to make things right. They upgraded us and gave us champagne in the new room. Not really necessary but much appreciated. The staff are great! :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Schweiz
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Delano is well know for its party and good looking hip people. But when u want to sleep at the hotel u finally realize that the shine is breaking. We had to change the room as ours was not clean when we moved in. At the other room all towels where dirty!! The rooms are very nice but not well isolated. You can hear every single noice from outside the door. This made our stay really unconfortable. Especially for such a pricy hotel.
We will definitely not go back there.....

Room Tip: Breakfast is very expensive for its value.. Just go down the street and u get a great one to a decen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Lee Greenspan and the Delano team made my last trip the best one yet. Upon my arrival Jose helped me with an upgraded room for part of the stay. I had never stayed in an Alcove room in my previous stays (just the standard rooms) so I definitely liked the additional space.

To me the pool area is always the highlight of my stay. Thanks to P.J. (great mojitos and restaurant tips), Julianna, Diego & Marco, I did not want to leave the pool area to go to the beach! And it helps that the lunch served at the pool was delicious, so I didn't have to miss a moment of prime pool time. Of course when I did spend a little time on the beach, the staff had me covered there too. I also went to FDR for the first time and enjoyed the atmosphere.

The stunning hotel, the service from the staff, the relaxed vibe and the location all combine to keep me coming back. I don't know if my next trip to the Delano will top this one, but based on the great people who work there, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did. Thanks again Lee!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was expecting so much... The location is fantastic, the staff is very helpfull, but we had some disappointments. The bathroom is too small. One morning during our breakfast, we were surprised by a man painting the walls; I really don't think this is the best time for doing it....But the worst: After a long day walking with my mother, we decided to buy a pizza and eat in our room, when we were entering the hotel, I was stoped by a "security man", asking if I was a guest.... So be prepared to dress like a star, otherwise you can have a problem.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!