“Lee Greenspan takes managing guest experience to a whole new level.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #40 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Lee Greenspan takes managing guest experience to a whole new level.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Lee, Guest Experience Manager at the Delano South Beach, is by far the most professional, understanding and generous hotel manager that I've experienced in all my years of travel. Not only did his listen, but he understood my needs and created an otherwise standard trip into a fantastic experience for my friends and me. He was not only respectful to me, but more importantly, extremely respectful and kind to those working with him at the Delano.

I have travelled all over the world from the Plaza Athene in Paris to several Singita resorts In Africa, and Lee is one of the top, if not the best, guest services managers I have encountered.

Thank you for a fantastic, memorable stay!

• Stayed April 2013

1,206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
W Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Delano.
This must be the chicest hotel in Miami....and I looked at a dozen or more. Everything from arcitecture to interior design to employee uniforms, this place says "style". Phillipe Starck is a genius...often copied, never duplicated.
You might think that this hotel would be snobby, but no, genuinely friendly service is the order here. And not just me, others commented on this as well.
As for value, you decide, I paid $330 a night for an ocean view room on the 9th floor. Not a big room, mind you, but big enough. And atractive! My one complaint at the hotel was the price of everything else...$10 for a bottle of water on the beach, $80 for 4 drinks at the pool bar, $37 a night to park your car,,, It adds up.
Sleep quality was fine...amazing linens, super comfy king bed, and soundproof. And clean....as the room is all-white, any speck of dirt would show...and none did.
For a fun filled and glam holiday, I couldn't think you could do any better.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Delano for my bachelorette party a few weeks ago. Everything from the room linens to the staff was amazing. Very, very accommodating. The manager and every member of their staff seemed truly happy to work there and wanted to make our experience as fun as possible. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit the area. I will def. be staying there again. The rooms were great and the bungalow was amazing. They really went above and beyond and I thank everyone there!
Karen Vines

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from spending four wonderful days at the luxurious Delano Hotel on South Beach and can truthfully say this hotel and staff are the best ever. The young lady at check in was incredibly friendly and even remembered both of our names three days after check in!! The rooms are meticulously maintained, yet we never saw a housekeeping staff member the entire four days spent in this wonderful hotel. We have stayed at beautiful hotels in the past but the public areas of this hotel are second to none, not to mention the almost indescribable outdoor space including the infinity pool. Lastly, the hotel is well represented by the pool and beach staff. They are simply the best. I wish I could remember all names but one young man by the name of Fred who serves us while sitting by the ocean is a perfect example of caring staff!

Room Tip: It's All Good! David & Sasha 4/14-4/18 2013
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The odds were stacked against The Delano for our visit - our flight to the Bahamas was cancelled at the last minute & we landed in the (very cool) reception at twenty minutes notice with no luggage and feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.

Jose at reception was delightful & gave us a room upgrade - which was an instant uplift - and had a very calming manner.

The room was very SoBe glam - cool white and mirrors all around, minimalistic without being industrial and completely chic. The bathroom was wall-to-wall marble with a huge shower and gorgeous Malin & Goetz products.
Looking out over the vibrant city from the window sofa instantly lifts the spirits...

We decided the only way to assuage ourselves properly was to hit the outside bar area for a drink or two. The barman and his female counterpart couldn't have been more attentive and it was great to hear about The Delano past and present.
The bar snacks available were divine (especially the truffle popcorn) and it was great not to have to move from the comfy sofas all night! Several South Beach Punchs and beers later all was well with the world.
That's a pretty dramatic turnaround and was totally thanks to the staff and the gorgeous calming surroundings of The Delano.

So short was our visit that we barely saw the pool area, didn't sample the restaurant and didn't even get to walk out onto the beach. But we will. The Delano is now firmly on our radar for a second and properly planned visit.
If you're ever flying out of Miami Airport, take down The Delano's number, just in case...

Chaweng beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was staying in Delano last week. Must say is was not the cheapest plaece, but very good with a very professional staff. Sometime I guess you just have to except that price and service/quality goes hand in hand.

Looking forward to come back

Room Tip: Do not go for a room that face the street. To much noise. We had a room facing the oacean, but could...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Delano does pride itself on service. I'm glad that you experienced that first hand and became a fan... The cost of staying at Delano or enjoying our restaurants and bars is directly proportionate to the area in which we're located and the market here. It is a very high end region and we're expected to live up to expectations. We owe it to our guests to provide service and surroundings that completely and undoubtedly justify the cost of vacationing in Miami Beach and at Delano.

Please contact me the next time you come down. I would like to provide you a stay that out-does your last one in addition to meeting you personally.

Many Thanks,

Lee
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

A previous visit when we saw the beautiful pool area encouraged our first time stay at the hotel as an escape from late winter snowy weather in the north.
We received a warm welcome from staff and were shown to a very nice, albeit small (the extra-large mirrors help to magnify the space), ocean-view room. Even though we arrived after the 7 pm pool closing time, an exception was made so we could enjoy a refreshing swim, followed by very good drinks at the pool bar afterwards.
Dinner the first night at the restaurant was delicious. After that the concierge was very helpful in arranging reservations at other venues.
But here's the good/bad news: The clientele is predominantly young people out to have fun. That means the music at the pool area is loud. Too loud to read by unless you have extreme powers of concentration. The only escape is to go to the beach. Which is a shame. Of course if you are young, the music will not bother you, in fact it may be exactly what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Beach view is very nice.
Hi Jane!

Thank you for your very positive review. You're correct in your title.. we do provide an upscale, chic party environment but we also make every effort to strike a balance. If you were here on a weekend, the pool music may have been louder due to the DJ. We also reserve several days weekly for ambient music only so our guests that are not interested in the party scene may enjoy the daytime pool experience as well. I'm sorry if you were discouraged or inconvenienced and I hope the beach was a pleasant alternative.
In the future, I'm available to you... now that I know a little more about what may be the ideal vacation for you, I'm certain that we can achieve 5 stars in your next review! I'm happy to handle your accommodations and invite you to contact me personally at lee.greenspan@mhgc.com.

Many Thanks,

Lee

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!