“The Delano served up exactly the kind of weekend I was looking for.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #38 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Austin, Texas
“The Delano served up exactly the kind of weekend I was looking for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I met a friend at the Delano last weekend. We chose South Beach in general and the Deleno specifically for time in the sun (pool and beach), relaxation, and fun. The hotel itself, the pool area, and the ocean view from our room were gorgeous, but what made the weekend for us was the staff. They were fantastic. Everyone we encountered from the moment we arrived until we left was very personable and seemed genuinely happy to help. One tip about the pool, if you want a lounge chair, get there early to claim your spot. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise from the party going on in the lobby. Ocean view is spectacula...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

1,119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for the best of the best, this is the place for you...the entrance is just like walking in one of those beautiful Palace, reserved for Kings and Queen...the decoration is fabulous, the colors of the lights make it look like Paradise, beautiful Bars on each side....the outside, the restaurant with everything ready for your comfort and degustation...the service is top, sometimes too much when you want to be left alone for conversation, then you have a great set of stairs, like in a Chateau, and direction the huge swimming pool with another bar where you can also eat at the bar...chaise lounge, where you can relax after the pool, and drink one of their delicious cocktail.....I know Paradise is not strong enough of a word for the DELANO...it is expensive, but if you are not ready to spend some money, you don't come there. PERIOD....

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I didn't sleep there, but my friends were very pleased. I know they will return...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Delano is always a great place to stay, the service is good and the envoirment always elegant and magic.
The price is not low, but come on, if you don't want to spend money you certanly don't come to this place.
You will certanly meet some celebruty during your stay...Singers, dancers, rock stars or famous designers.
Enjoy the bar and the pool...and of course enjoy South Beach!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved the Delano when I entered the lobby. I spent my birthday last year at the rose bar with friends and had an incredible time. I could not wait to stay there the next year. I traveled solo from Seattle in December. First the good- the staff -all of them from front desk, bellmen, concierge, pool staff, bar staff were incredible; the pool fantastic, the sushi amazing! now the less than amazing...poor..I was put in a room that was beautiful and comfortable until the next morning while in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower and looked out the window...only a flimsy towel rack blocked the view. When you take the towels off, no curtain only an open view to the construction workers on a high rise platform looking right in on me. Seriously? I'm in a luxury hotel on a high floor. Never in my life at a 4 star hotel had I ever had a bathroom where they knew there was construction next door not have a curtain or a warning!!!! The front desk staff were wonderful and accommodating and moved my room to the opposite side of the construction. Greatly appreciated, but come on, at $500+ /night for a city room, that should never happen. Asked to fill out a survey to rate my experience, I did and only heard from the rose bar manager which I had only had a great experience. I will book elsewhere next time, more from the lack of response from management than the initial shock.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

... On our previous trip to Miami we had enjoyed Delano's Morgan's style lobby and the great restaurant... and now we wanted more... We stayed in an Ocean View King, which was fabulous with it's white on white decor contrasting with the aqua blue of the sky and ocean. Bianca was also a great spot for people-watching... and the food was pretty good. For more, check out neilsonparc's hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

wonderful and trendy place to stay in Miami Beach. The pool is really amazing, the happy hours are great, rooms are quite small but everything inside is wonderful and fully designed. Lovely breakfast, recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I do love the Delano, I really do, but it bothers me that both times I stayed there I felt like I was sharing the pool with a lot of non-hotel residents (they allow people to pay a daily entrance fee to the pool area). That just doesn't sit quite right with me. I can only dream of how lovely that pool area would be without all those parading ponies. That said, rooms are great, public areas are great, service is excellent, and it's got the total Miami vibe going on.

Room Tip: Sea view is nice but city view is fine too, given that there are no balconies for chilling out on.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

I'm very glad to see that all aspects were enjoyable for you. Service, rooms, common areas.. We work hard to deliver a perfect stay in all areas and you, as a guest, deserve the best that we have to offer. On that note, I wanted to address your concern at the pool. During the day, the Delano pool is very strictly for hotel guests only. We do not allow non-guests to enter nor do we charge for entry. In the evenings (after 6pm) provided that attire is appropriate, we allow visitors in to enjoy the Delano Beach Club. Also, we never, under any circumstances, charge for entry to any of our venues. The only exception would be for events such as New Years Eve or private functions.
Regarding rooms, you're correct, standard rooms do not have balconies. All of our one bedroom suites and bungalows do however.

All The Best,

Lee

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!