“Back again at The Delano” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #42 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Back again at The Delano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in past, I knew to expect top notch service, magnanimous rooms, and a Miami vibe like non other.

Upon arrival, greeted warmly by bellman, brought into the stunning lobby, where Carlos took care of my accomodations. From there, Jean took me to my room, unexpected( thanks Carlos) oceanview!

Jean explained room, hotel amentities, filled my ice bucket, and off to the pool/beach I went.

Pool was as expected in past, a cool vibe, awesome service and drinks. Dave hooked up a bed and from there, I was in Delano heaven!!

Experienced the beach for the next day, sat drinking cold beverages, smoking an Opus X or two cigars, and unwinding.

As always, would chise The Delano over anyone. Went to Juvia, a rooftop restaurant on recommendations of Pedro the concierge. Spot on!! Met many nice people there:-)). All in all, The Delano is " the place and only place " I will stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Brent,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have met you personally as well. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer here. Your experience is exactly what we work to provide for every guest. I'm sure that you'll be returning to Miami Beach, when you do, please let me know. (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com) I'm happy to handle everything for you and to ensure that your next stay is better than the last!

1,194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is an unique art deco style hotel. the common areas look great, as do the rooms, all done in white.The bathroom was very disappointing as was way too small and had no ventilation and nowhere to hang anything to dry. the pool is fabulous looking but very expensive to use the day beds. easy access to the beach. the breakfasts were very disappointing and the service here was very erratic. Overall a fun place to visit if in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had the most fantastic weekend at the Delano. We know luxury travel very well and I have to say it was exquisite without all the fuss. A weekend without children , just romantic pool and showers, in room dining overlooking the beach, luxury designed rooms,fantastic and prompt service using the iPads in the room . The pool bar has very well educated mixologist....I look forward to my next weekend getaway at the Delano.

• Stayed December 2012
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Wow! Thank you for that great review!

You just about summed everything up in a few sentences. We take a lot of pride in successfully combining service and luxury. I'm very happy to hear that you were able to experince all of it.

When you plan your next weekend getaway, please send me a quick note. (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com) I'm happy to arrange all of your accommodations and ensure that you have an experience even better than the last!!

Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. The concierge can handle anything, the service rivals hotels like Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton. I think the strongest point of this hotel is service and atmosphere. We have been here several times. We like Nicholas, the GM - I mentioned I fell asleep during a 15.00 movie and he credited me for it. I also made sure to let him know a group of employees passed me near the elevator - not in uniform, not ready for work, laughing and getting ready....they saw me, a hotel guest, and immediately put on a nice work face and greeted me as if they were on the clock. Jay was put pool guy a lot and he will go a mile out of his way to accommodate us and really knows customer service. Anna is our preferred pool waitress and does the same. We love the white in all the hotel, the cocktails are phoenomenal and the little "store" in a box in our room is so cool.

Our only complaint is that the room service is ridiculously expensive - 75.00 for eggs, toast, bacon, coffee and oj for ONE person. We find ourselves venturing out to other hotels to eat. If it were even 50.00 per person we may order breakfast for two every day.

Hello Jesica,

Thank you for the great and informative review. I had the pleasure of meeting Dyke this morning, I'm sorry I missed you. I've passed along your recognition to Nicolas, Anna and Jay, thank you for mentioning some of our team specifically. I'm glad to hear that they were able to leave a lasting impact.

Regarding breakfast, your point is duly noted. This is certainly something we can look into and discuss the possibility of viable options to make this less of a concern.

Finally, please feel free to reach out to myself or Nicolas directly for your future stays. Either of us can arrange your accommodations and ensure that you leave happy again and again!! (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com)

Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My stay at the Delano was overall great! The food was really good. The service was outstanding. The room was very comfortable. I would highly suggest paying the higher price for an ocean view room. We initially booked a city view room and could not get any sleep because the street was so busy and noisy. Otherwise the rooms are perfect. My only complaint is the prices. Everything is way overpriced. I go on many vacations to different places such as California, Bahamas, and others, and have never experienced prices like these. One drink was between 16-30 dollars, and one sandwich cost me 35 dollars! The quality and service were all wonderful, but you must be prepared to spend a lot of money, otherwise you will have to eat and drink in places outside the hotel. Overall very pleased with my stay, and left very relaxed!

Room Tip: rooms with ocean view are quieter! city view rooms are way too noisy!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review.

You pointed out some of the highlights of a Delano stay. Without a doubt, service is first and I'm glad that you experienced the best here with us. We also pride ourselves on ambiance and offerings. It's great to know that you were able to enjoy everything.

Regarding cost, the Miami Beach market is certainly on the high side of the spectrum. We make every effort to remain competitive while justifying a higher price with superior product and service in addition to a pristine property and constantly updated rooms.

In the future, please feel free to reach out to me personally should you be returning. I'm happy to handle your accommodations. (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com)

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed a the Delano for a weekend while i was in Miami and i loved it!! my room was very nice, but the service was what got me everyone from the pool was very nice. the bartenders were very friendly and attentive, but the beach is where i enjoyed most of my stay i was sat down by a young boy named addison ( one of the beach boys) the nicest young man i think ive ever met. he helped me with what ever i needed all afternoon always had a smile and made sure i had a good time on the beach. He even left my chair for last when he was cleaning up for the night. All and All i am making plans to come back soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a great find for us when we arrived we were not too impressed but when the room has been chmged we were fine there were 2 good sized beds and the hotel decor is basic and does need a bit of updating but it served the purpose. Houekeeping was not too good and we had to ask many times to get the room service. When they moved out rooms they lost some of our stuf and rather than giving the money back they tookthe money from our daily fees but the hote was just for us to sleep in so it served the purpose. the view of the beach and the water was phenominal and if there was one thing that was really amazing it was this!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on several fronts during your stay.
Our purpose is to be a self-contained oasis for our guests. Service is the single most important aspect of the operation at Delano. I have addressed some of the frustrations that you've detailed for us. I would like to have more information on the lost items you were referring to. I'm a bit confused as to how or why you would be charged for lost personal items. Please feel free to contact me regarding your missing items and of course I'm happy to handle your future accommodations at Delano personally.

Many Thanks,

Lee

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!