“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #41 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lech
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I would definitely recommend Delano!
Beautiful rooms, beautiful view, beautiful location!
Amazing spa!I had a fantastic time at Delano!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel is still undergoing changes as we were told by staff .

Only one lift was in service which didn't help matters, but on the whole the staff were very helpful and polite. We had to carry our own baggage to our room, but were told that there was a baggage serivce when we were leaving which was fine on departure.

Brian Bean, the previous manager has left , not sure why ,and when I booked in no one knew anything about him saying we could have a complimentary breakfast which was a nice gesture considering we paid $750 for a room for one short night.

There are no clear instructions on how to use the room or buttons to press in a clinical style room where we finally found the tv remote in a drawer , silly me for asking !
Dinner on the Blue Door terrace was pleasant with very friendly attentive staff, but not sure the few items with just 2 beers we ate there, really justified the $95 big dollar price.

Breakfast took over an hour to come and was ok, but just coffee and a kind of pastry with cheese inside.

The hotel gardens are very nice and a superb feel about them and sorry we didn't have time to enjoy the hotel in its entirety.

I would sum up by saying that its a very nice hotel, but a little overpriced for what you actually receive. My wife told me that she had stayed previously at the Bentley Hilton which she though far better value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

After a recommendation from a Miami tour guide, we approached the Delano Hotel to take a peek at the lobby and go up to the pool deck as we were told that it was open to the public after a certain hour. We were literally snubbed by a Mafioso looking dude and his goons kind of pacing around in front of the hotel. I was there with my husband and daughter in a stroller and it was clear we were not allowed. After looking me up and down and again, literally snubbing his nose, the gentleman, if I could call him that, told me they needed to "update their materials" because their "policy" had recently changed and that the public was not allowed in the hotel. I found this so completely offensive that I later called the tour operator to tell them of this experience and thought it worthwhile to write about here on Trip Advisor! I really dont know the nightly rate at this place, so I dont know that I could afford to stay there, but I just would not even consider it. Check out the Sagamore, lovely lovely place and I am sure equal to the Delano's charm, if not surpassing it!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

The Lobby is breathtaking indeed and we had a beautiful White room on 10th floor. They upgraded us and let us check in early as it was my birthday:) The room was beautiful with mirrors and lots of White decorations.
The bathroom was absolutely tiny. Luckily it had a window so the light made it feel ok, but 10sq feet (1 sq meter) for toilet and sink area is all you get. So you can't open the door if someone is standing at the sink. Sink is small and in a recess under the mirror so you can hardly reach the tap. Shower is marble and ok but marble window sill was all damaged by the shower door sliding into the window sill.
Wifi at 15 usd per day PER ITEM is non sensical. especially as some other guests found, if you ask for it, you do get a free access code as I did after checking out and spending a couple of hours at the pool on the last day. But then hey the connection wasn't working. Pool is beautiful but water too warm.
Beach is nice and kept neat, however a cabana on the beach is 30 usd. Which is odd as nobody was using them when we went. We appreciated the security checks at lobby pool and beach to ensure no outsiders used the facilities. We felt more valued and safe as guests for that reason.
They now have a buffet breakfast, good and tasty and ok value at 32 usd but selection is a bit limited. They will cook nice omelettes for you. Waiting staff is great, we loved our table service. We had one lunch there and while not inexpensive it was very tasty and light. We only saw papers available one day. Nothing ever again, odd.
The famous bar and the famous restaurant seem shut. That was quite odd and a shame! Apparently they are going to revamp the restaurant into an Italian one? So no glamorous people at all at night.
Gym nice but at lower level so overlooking the building works of the hotel nearby and you reach it via the kitchen and laundry areas, which is not pleasant.
Way too many building works going on. Hotel at next block is being redone so workers were starting before 8am and we could clearly hear a lot of machinery while our room on 10th floor. The restaurant veranda overlooks both the pool (nice) and the hotel nearby with construction work (not so nice and loud).
There are only two lifts and one was always stuck on 8th floor so I think there were works going on in the Delano too? Other lift thus kept us waiting for ages each time.
They have free bicycles to take out, but they are quite ancient, dirty and breaks are not working. Plus we had to wait for 30 minutes to get them as concierge was away.

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Stayed at the Delano for a second time and I have to say it's not lost it's place as one of the coolest hotels around - they aren't the most spacious rooms, it certainly hasn't a great gym, but it has got the most extraordinary vibe largely in my view, created by the pool staff.

The open parties they have on a regular basis are ok - rarely have I seen a crowd of people being in a place simply for the place - they need to chill out and have more fun. Sometimes feels a bit like the money being made from the parties and club nights are more important than the residents.

I will be back next year - once I've saved enough $. !!!

Room Tip: Beach view is a long way from the beach and who wants to stay in their room during the day ? City vi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I was "bookending" a business trip and had my wife meet me in the middle of March 2011 in Miami. Chose this hotel for a first time as my wife is from South Africa and accustomed to Euro Style sunbathing (allowed at the pool). Our stay was incredible Sam, Soledad, Brian's Team all the staff made our visit special. We returned in August "drunk" on the service previously. Well the entire team topped their efforts. I don't know how it could be better, but it was even with a glitch with the room lock. We have decided that we needed some time this winter and are heading down after Christmas for New Years. Nick at the poolside bar classic and hilarious. Can't wait to get there next week, this time we are bringing our 2 children 5 and 7 years of age. I can see this becoming a family tradition as the staff definitely know how to make you feel welcome. One other note get a massage in the spa the guy there is absolutely fabulous my wife and I both enjoyed the spa services my wife a pedicure and manicure also.

Room Tip: I recommend a higher floor. As we have always stayed on a higher floor we have never had noise issu...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lisbon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was at this property on August 2010 and I must say that, generally, it is a god choice for those heading to Miami Beach. Location is perfect, next to all relevant highlights.
Room was dominated by white, quite cool! Bathroom was a bit small. Breakfast was very good. The swimming-pool of the hotel is the center of the action, the place to see and be seen (you'll be clubbing in daylight) - great if you feel like partying, not so good if you want to relax (in this case, perhaps you would be better off with other nearby hotel like the W South Beach or The Setai).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!