“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Special Offer
$100 Daily Hotel Credit
Ranked #41 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My first experience at Delano was in February 2011, after having seen it on the Travel channel, with Samantha Brown gushing over all the details that are important to me and I'm sure, to all travel bugs who enjoy an upscale vacation experience. I am fairly well travelled, and fell so in love with the Delano during my 'introductory trip' , that the very day after I returned home to New Hampshire, I booked hotel and flight for a return visit for two months later! It is truly a luxury experience that can be totally satisfying without even leaving the property. The staff from the 'Guest Experience Manager ' to housekeeping and front desk/lobby and poolside staffs are amazingly knowledgable, thorough and pleasant. The accommodations are luxurious and incredibly Comfortable. The Blue Door restraunt certainly pleased this 'foodie' to no end, and the night life (if you want it) and poolside area /staff) are all beyond compare. I've got two trips booked for Delano South Beach for this fall and winter and that will make four visits in twelve months......that is how FABULOUS it is! It is my new grown-up playground and plan to visit at least twice a year from now on.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
I thank you so much for this great review!
Isn't it a pleasure to find that perfect "sanctuary" where you know that you will find relaxation and great food and cool people to welcome you back?
Please know that we appreciate your kind words and will be happy to have you back.

1,193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed in that hotel once. It offers great proximity to the beach and famous Miami night life, all within walking distance. I also highly recommend their chocolate martinis. It's a very classy hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, even in their downstairs lobby as well as the garden.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at Delano. I hope you can come back and enjoy another chocolate martini ( or rasperry mojito - my favorite! ) very soon.
Until next time!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was on a weekend shopping gig in Miami, and it worked out for my girlfriend to visit at the same time, so I splurged and booked the Delano for 3 nights Oct 21 - 24. The hotel is very nice. It is also very expensive. A $17 vodka and tonic is a bit over the top in my view. The rooms a nice, large and creative, as one would expect at a rate of $550/nt. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but the wait staff and food were very good/excellent. Ate the rates they charge one would also think WiFi would be free. They told me there was a charge, but when I called the front desk they gave me the password on the house. A nice gesture, but why not just make it free??? My only real complaint was the construction smell and noise while we were there. I am a resort owner, and i know how difficult it is to manage renovations and guests at the same time. Up front knowledge would have been appreciated, but when my girlfriend called to complain about the sawing noise on the floor above one morning the manager handled the situation, and my angry girlfriend, very well. In the end he gave a a nice credit on our stay, and offered me a free night for a return visit, but I think I will check out something else if I book another stay in Miami Beach. This does not mean I would not recommend the Delano. If you have the coin it is very good, but there are LOTS of options in Miami Beach, and I will want to try something new.

Room Tip: The King Dlx was just big enough, good view, and creative in its layout.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for constructive criticism. We listen to our guests feedback and use them as tools to learn and grow.
Thank you again for your patience during our beautification project. Although there have been challenges - the end product will be AMAZING!
I am glad you enjoyed your time here and that you had your issues addressed to your satisfaction. I do hope you will make it back and see how beautiful our enhancements turned out.
Guest Experience Manger
Cancun, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We had a really bad stay at Delano hotel in middle of October. We stay 2 nights and we were not able to sleep from 1am to 7am.... We informed the front desk 3 times and we were move to the top level the last night at 2am... We discovered that the full hotel was in construction... We were in level 5 and the level 6 was full of workers taking out all the carpet and redoing the room. As well the pool, the partial ocean view from our room was with workers doing the painting, in the right side of our room we were able to see and hear construction... A real nightmare.... The good think was the ambiance at the bars,the restaurant, and the fitness room... But again to go there we have to past by a corridor full of workers...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at Delano. We are rapidly moving through our renovation and have already seen how amazing the end result will be.
We are aware that the renovation has had an adverse impact on some. We have managed to resolve most issues with guests before they depart, but it is clear we did not reach out to you as we should have - again my apologies
I truly hope I can have you return. I will make every attempt to make sure you have an amazing stay. You will also have a chance to see how beautiful the results of the renovation are.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I haven't stayed at the hotel but have eaten at the Blue Door restaurant which I remember as being good without being overly memorable, but the poolside cocktail bar as a spot for pre-dinner drinks (eating anywhere on Ocean, Collins, Washington etc) is unbeatable. I'd have it as a 'must do' if you're ever in Miami.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for coming by for a pre dinner cocktail at the pool bar. I hope you have a chance to come back in the next couple weeks to see the renovations to this area which are almost completed.
We are also considering some new and exciting changes to the restaurant. I hope you will return and see the improvements there as well.
Zurich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We've stayed at the Delano in October. I knew the hotel from 4 years ago. At that time it was the place to be. Gorgeous Sunday Brunches with music on the terrace, absolutely wonderful food! Not at all so this time. Sunday Brunches were cancelled. Club Sandwiches are dry, boring and extremely expensive. So is the rest of their food - more or less what you call rip off. Considering the fact that you are staying in an U.S. hotel their breakfast is a shame. No eggs on the buffet. You don't get what you're paying for. It seems as they are struggling with all the missing weekend clients from N.Y. Nevertheless, I have to admit that the service within the hotel is still excellent. The staff is taking care of all your needs immediately.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your genuine feedback. While we love to read the many glowing comments people write on TripAdvisor - we truly take all constructive criticism to heart and make every attempt to learn from these comments.
Please accept my apologies for your lackluster stay. It seems that most of your disappointment was from the restaurant experience. I will address these right away with our executive chef and the restaurant management team.
We are considering some exciting changes in the restaurant in the near future. I certainly hope you will come back and see the Delano as you remember. Please feel free to reach out to me before you do so I can personally make sure you have a great time!
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Try to find a waiter or a menu for the Delano bar, a dreamland with wispy sheers and misshapen furniture. Great that you're hip, guys, but where are the servers? We waited a long time, then tracked down a bartender who sent out Carlos. Very nice guy but we never did see him again. The bartender responded promptly when we said we couldn't find our guy. Everything was about $17 a glass but at least we didn't get bugged for a second round. The tables are so unstable that even the bartender almost spilled. Get your drinks at a place with flat surfaces and a wait staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for coming to visit Delano and please accept my apologies for your experience. This is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable and I will address this with the appropriate supervisor right away.
We love to have people stop by the Rose Bar in the lobby and dine at Blue Door Fish. We clearly dropped the ball during your visit in terms of service. Your unstable table may have resulted from a brief period when we were renovating the Rose Bar ( since completed ) and had a temporary bar and seating area set up. You will find everything is back to normal - actually much improved!
I hope you will stop by again. I certainly know you will not experience these challenges in receiving timely and warm service on your next visit.
Guest Experience Manager

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!