“The people in the room next to me were just to...” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4299 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #138 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach

603 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently visited Miami and stay at the Days Inn Oceanside. I had a wonderful experience whit the hotel, the Lobby is very nice and the hotel staff are extremely helpful and ready to attend to any needs I had. The lady that clean my room she had always a smile and left my room very well clean and neat.
I definitive will come back to this Days Inn and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: as for a room facing on the 8th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

BED BUGS! I got bitten all over my body by bed bugs. I was actually threatened when I came to report the incident.

It is absolutely disgusting - the rooms are unclean and old and smell terrible.

There were holes in the ceiling, and the pool was completely disgusting.

The people were rude and did not help me find a better hotel, so I had to leave at 2 am to go to another hotel since I was completely bitten by bedbugs and could not sleep in the Days Inn anymore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn- I had stayed there on a previous trip and the price was right so I decided to give it another try. Bad idea. The only thing good about this hotel is the location. It had rained the day I was there so the streets were flooded, going into the basement where the restaurant is located (nasty and smelly do not eat there) there was water covering the floor. Clearly they dont have a good system put in place for the rain. The concierge service was HORRIBLE he stood there and handed us pamphlets. Pretty much useless, not sure why they are paying him for anything. I stayed there almost a year ago and one of the elevators was broken.. when I returned it was STILL broken. It was EXTEMELY inconvenient.. We found ourselves waiting 5-10 minutes for the elevator .. not exaggerating. We even went as far as taking the stairs from the 9th floor, and almost passed out. Upon checking out on Sunday it is IMPOSSIBLE to get on the elevator, stops at every floor and is always full !!! The staff sucked.. they were so miserable looking it put me in a bad mood just standing near them. They authorized my check card twice for $220 and I had to wait for the charge to fall off. I literally would not stay there again JUST because of the broken elevator. When flushing the big steal handle of the toilet it took me back to a high school bathroom. When taking a shower, the water up to my ankles wasnt very pleasant either. Early in the morning it sounded like doors slamming all morning (like the cleaning lady had the door proped open and would walk out of the room and just let it SLAM.. I was very tempted to get out of bed and go yell at her but from the looks the previous house keeping personal there, they did not speak much English. The pool was AMAZING.. the ONLY thing that was good about the hotel. The short walk to the beach was great. The security guards were very pleasant! I could go on and on and on about this hotel.. unless some repairs and upgrades are done SOON.. it is NOT worth the money.. spend a few extra bucks to stay in a nice hotel !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn in Miami. We chose this hotel for the price and it showed. The lobby and the pool were beautiful but that was about it. The staff was not helpful. We tried to order food to be delivered and the concierge was resistant in helping us with this task. The friendliest person in the entire building were the security guards. I tried to get a soda at the pool Tiki Bar and the waitress asked me to hold on a second and then left. I gave up before she returned. The rooms have not had any updates so they were dated and somewhat dirty. Also, there were only 2 elevators and one of them was out of service. I spoke to someone who stayed in this hotel about a year ago and they stated it was broken then too. This made check out very difficult because everyone was trying to bring their luggage down with only 1 working elevator. Besides the fact that a few times we tried to get on the elevator and their were custodial people on there with laundry carts. There was obviously no service elevators either. The hotel was very noisy. Each morning there was a weird banging noise we couldn't figure out. Did not sleep very well. All in all the hotel was less than stellar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I read the reviews on this motel and I was dreading arriving for the stay! It was nothing like the reviews. Yes one elevators was broken but it was fine. There was not a huge wait! Our room had no roaches or ants like the reviews stated. No bugs at all. Our room was clean and the housekeeping was great. The shower wasn't from hot to cold like some of the reviews. Never ran out of hot water. Anything we needed they would get. It was right on the beach so the location was great! We lucked into parking right across the street from the motel. It was the last place. The other parking garage was caddy cornered to the motel. Not 6 blocks down! We will be staying there again when we go back to Miami! Just to let you know it wasn't up to date, but the beds and pillows were great and the bathroom all worked. No need to update when everything is comfy and works. This keeps the price down! Price and stay was great!

Room Tip: We stayed in 902 and it over looked the pool and ocean! BEAUTIFUL! 901 and 902 and 903 all over lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside? Share your experiences!