“Oceanview Room” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4299 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #141 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn- I had stayed there on a previous trip and the price was right so I decided to give it another try. Bad idea. The only thing good about this hotel is the location. It had rained the day I was there so the streets were flooded, going into the basement where the restaurant is located (nasty and smelly do not eat there) there was water covering the floor. Clearly they dont have a good system put in place for the rain. The concierge service was HORRIBLE he stood there and handed us pamphlets. Pretty much useless, not sure why they are paying him for anything. I stayed there almost a year ago and one of the elevators was broken.. when I returned it was STILL broken. It was EXTEMELY inconvenient.. We found ourselves waiting 5-10 minutes for the elevator .. not exaggerating. We even went as far as taking the stairs from the 9th floor, and almost passed out. Upon checking out on Sunday it is IMPOSSIBLE to get on the elevator, stops at every floor and is always full !!! The staff sucked.. they were so miserable looking it put me in a bad mood just standing near them. They authorized my check card twice for $220 and I had to wait for the charge to fall off. I literally would not stay there again JUST because of the broken elevator. When flushing the big steal handle of the toilet it took me back to a high school bathroom. When taking a shower, the water up to my ankles wasnt very pleasant either. Early in the morning it sounded like doors slamming all morning (like the cleaning lady had the door proped open and would walk out of the room and just let it SLAM.. I was very tempted to get out of bed and go yell at her but from the looks the previous house keeping personal there, they did not speak much English. The pool was AMAZING.. the ONLY thing that was good about the hotel. The short walk to the beach was great. The security guards were very pleasant! I could go on and on and on about this hotel.. unless some repairs and upgrades are done SOON.. it is NOT worth the money.. spend a few extra bucks to stay in a nice hotel !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn in Miami. We chose this hotel for the price and it showed. The lobby and the pool were beautiful but that was about it. The staff was not helpful. We tried to order food to be delivered and the concierge was resistant in helping us with this task. The friendliest person in the entire building were the security guards. I tried to get a soda at the pool Tiki Bar and the waitress asked me to hold on a second and then left. I gave up before she returned. The rooms have not had any updates so they were dated and somewhat dirty. Also, there were only 2 elevators and one of them was out of service. I spoke to someone who stayed in this hotel about a year ago and they stated it was broken then too. This made check out very difficult because everyone was trying to bring their luggage down with only 1 working elevator. Besides the fact that a few times we tried to get on the elevator and their were custodial people on there with laundry carts. There was obviously no service elevators either. The hotel was very noisy. Each morning there was a weird banging noise we couldn't figure out. Did not sleep very well. All in all the hotel was less than stellar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I read the reviews on this motel and I was dreading arriving for the stay! It was nothing like the reviews. Yes one elevators was broken but it was fine. There was not a huge wait! Our room had no roaches or ants like the reviews stated. No bugs at all. Our room was clean and the housekeeping was great. The shower wasn't from hot to cold like some of the reviews. Never ran out of hot water. Anything we needed they would get. It was right on the beach so the location was great! We lucked into parking right across the street from the motel. It was the last place. The other parking garage was caddy cornered to the motel. Not 6 blocks down! We will be staying there again when we go back to Miami! Just to let you know it wasn't up to date, but the beds and pillows were great and the bathroom all worked. No need to update when everything is comfy and works. This keeps the price down! Price and stay was great!

Room Tip: We stayed in 902 and it over looked the pool and ocean! BEAUTIFUL! 901 and 902 and 903 all over lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This review gets one star simply because tripadvisor does not allow you to give a review with 0 stars. I don't even know where to begin. Lets start out with the check-in process. We provided our confirmation upon checkin showing our rate including taxes - at the point they advise us that they have a different rate in their computer for us which is an extra $35 per night plus tax. What is more perplexing is that the form they printed out for us to put our vehicle information on had the correct amount, but they continued to tell us they had to charge us the amount in their computer and we would "sort it out" tomorrow. I told them I had just enough room on my credit card to cover the room charge on my confirmation so there was no way we could pay the larger amount. They told me I would have to give them cash for the difference and they would refund it the next day once it was all sorted out. This did not seem right to me. They should charge me the amount on my confirmation and they could sort out their computer problems later. They would not let us check-in without paying the amount in their computer, so I ended up giving them the cash and agreeing to sort it out the next day. The next day, I check my credit card, and not only did they over charge me, but I had a separate charge from them that I had no idea where it came from. When I confronted them, they said that was for being a "no-call no show" the day before we checked in. This was not even a part of our reservation...so how could we be a no-call no-show?!!! They refused to refund the money. We had originally called to add a day to the end of our reservation but there was no availability so we left it alone...there was never anything mentioned about adding a day at the front of our reservation. To make a very long story short they overcharged me by $220 and told me I would get the cash back upon checkout. When it was time to checkout, I turned in my keys and asked for my cash back at which point they told me I would get a credit on my credit card within 5-7 business days. Ummm NO! I paid cash - I want cash back! They said ok, then you will need to give us your credit card, so we can charge you for the cash we are giving you. Does that make any sense? No! If you owe me money, then why do you need to charge my credit card in order to give me the money you owe me?!!!! I was told on more than one occasion that "theres nothing I can do for you." and "the person you spoke with isn't here right now, so you are out of luck" , etc. etc. This is by far, the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. My husband is a Wyndham employee and we were absolutely appalled by the treatment we received. We witnessed several other guests with similar problems and they were treated poorly as well. The staff was completely incompetent and unwilling to help and they had terrible attitudes.

Now to talk about the room....First of all, they were dirty, stinky, outdated and disgusting. You can tell that they were infested with mold and everyone we travelled with got extremely ill from staying there.The beds were lumpy with springs sticking up, the furniture looked like cheap crap from 1950 and I don't think the bathroom had been scrubbed since the hotel was built. They only had one working elevator so anytime you needed to go up or down it took at least 30 minutes due to how busy it was. There is no wheelchair access to the hotel at all and no way to get a luggage cart off the entry way to load/unload your bags. The only parking was accross the street in a garage for $30 a day ( a complete rip off). We've stayed in 4 star hotels with valet that only charged $16 a day. This place is the biggest freaking joke in Miami Beach!!! Wyndham needs to take a wrecking ball to this property to save themselves the embarrassment and their reputation. I'm beyond disgusted! Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this property as humanly possible!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a great stay at the days inn, the rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful espcially Astrid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

MRosado5057, General Manager at Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I’m very pleased to know you had such of wonderful stay with us at Days Inn Miami Beach/ Oceanside with a clean guestroom, and that your encounter with our staff was friendly and helpful. I will make sure to inform Astrid of your kind words about your experience with her during your stay. Kind regards......

Been to Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside? Share your experiences!