“Great value for the location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #159 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Clackamas, Oregon
“Great value for the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

So first off, YES the hotel is dated and is not a high end place to stay - so don't expect it. Many of the previous reviews seem a bit harsh, if you are paying to stay at a DAYS INN do not expect the quality of a HILTON.. That being said, we paid a bit extra to get the "deluxe oceanview rooms" and when we arrived at 9am on friday morning we were immediately checked in - the staff at the front desk was great. We had two rooms on the 10th floor with a perfect view of the pool, the boardwalk area and the ocean. The rooms decor is dated but was i much better condition than i was lead on to believe based on the previous reviews. When we asked to get a refrigerator for the night it was delivered within 15 minutes (you have to pay an extra $10/night for a fridge). The pool is great and the tiki bar near the pool area is convenient although a bit expensive but not bad considering the location. There is a subway across the street and a walgreens a few blocks away, both very convenient if you are staying and do not have access to a vehicle. The beach in the area is gorgeous, you can rent chairs and umbrellas for the day from various stands on the beach, we paid $50 for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas. The other people staying in the hotel were mostly families and international travelers from abroad. There were a few "rowdier" young people around but they were far outnumbered. All in all, this was a great hotel to stay at for a very reasonable price considering its beachside and in the heart of Miami Beach. I would definitely come back again!!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe oceanfront rooms, the view is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The check-in process was horrible! I was the third person in line and it took me 30 minutes to get through the check- in process. Once I finally finished with the check-in, I get on the elevator and it gets stuck for about 3 minutes;-0 After being scared almost to death, I get to my room to relax and the tv remote doesn't work so, I had to call maintenance to fix it. The best part about this hotel is the pool and the chicken wings @ their basement restaurant;-)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
mrosado5057, Manager at Days Inn Miami Beach / Oceanside, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We are very sorry you had to wait to check in, and had remote control issues that were not handled properly. We are in the process of upgrading our elevators so hopefully will get another opportunity for you to give us another chance to see our improvement. Glad you enjoyed the chicken wings
Buenos aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I´m afraid we we unfortunate to get here for Memorial Day weekend. We felt uncomfortable, and although we managed to change our room, still the place smelled and needed urgent refurbishing. When I asked for someone to help me out with my coffeemaker, they sent 2 policemen!!!!! seems they are in charge of security at nights (is it such a dangerous location we wondered????) no housekeeping at night. Taking a shower was a whole adventure itself: somehow ther was water underneath and as the surface was flexible you felt like surfing!! this makes u loose your balance so keep your eyes wide open or you might break your neck!!
As they were full they gave us connecting rooms that we shared with a group of quite noisy people that arrived shouting at any time. Of course we had to keep the lock in order to maintain our privacy!! :) We paid far too much for what we got.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay during Memorial Day Weekend, it is a special event and there is alot of traffic which is why we have extra security officers for the safety and comfort of all of our guests. Hopefully you will come back at a quieter time to give us another chance for you to enjoy your stay.
Alexandria, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

What a complete dump pretty much sums it up. The front desk staff was incredibly rude. We stayed there for four nights and were charged for every little extra you could think of (i.e. parking, refrigerator in room, etc.). Also, we always kept our room locked and I noticed that I had a pair of jeans missing when we left. I told the people at the front desk and they said we will look for them and call you if you leave your business card so I did. I never received a call. I called the GM and he checked with his staff and then said there was nothing he could do. This was ridiculous. I called Days Inn Corporate to report this behavior and they said would get back to me in three days and I never received a call back. Ridiulous! Never will stay in a Days Inn again.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Security matters are very important and taken seriously by us, we regret we were unable to locate the misplaced items.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

When I read the online reviews of this hotel I was filled with dread about my trip, having booked without first reading the feedback from previous guests.

However, I honestly do not have one complaint about the place. And, for the record, I have absolutely NO connection to the hotel's owners.

I made the decision that I would write a review on the hotel upon my return to the UK on the very first day we stayed there because I don't think it's fair that so many people have put up bad reviews when my stay was so good.

My friend and I stayed for a whole week without incident, and this is during one of Miami's biggest party weeks.

The room was fine, the beds were fine, the shower smelt a little on a couple of occasions but really, who spends all their time in their hotel when on holiday??? My friend and I actually joked about the state of the room because it was so good compared to what we had expected - the room was cleaned every day, new towels put in... we didn't speak to the hotel staff much apart from Ricardo, who was really cool.

We were there to party and take in the sights, sounds and experiences Miami has to offer, so the room was just for sleeping, washing and chilling with a bit of music every now and then.

Best thing about it is the distance from the beach - literally less than 5 minutes and you're on South Beach.

Honestly, it was completely fine so maybe other rooms/floors in the hotel that we didn't see are not so good. I can't speak for the hotel as a whole.

We stayed in room 318 which is a twin if you really want to feel secure about staying at the Days Inn/Seagull then choose this room!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, please contact us directly for your next reservation we will be happy to upgrade you if we can
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

What a dump this place is. Everything is dilapidated and disgusting. From the carpet in our room to the falling apart shower and peeling wall paper. Pay a few more bucks and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

This hotel is at a great location, specially if you keep kosher or an observant jew! All the restaurants, synagogue (right next door ) are near by!
The only complain I have is the elevator!!! while i was there out of the 5 days at least 4 days it was either borken , or just simply it has its " own mind" needs an upgrade ASAP!!!
Staff are not too friendly but they are okay I guess......
Parking not provided by the hotel so count an extra 15-20$ per day!
Location on the other hand is great! Bus stop infront of hotel door!!! Boardwalk right behind the pool! ton of chairs, beach towels are available:)
in general i would recommend the stay! For such a great location the $ is good, specially if you book early enough!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family