“Days Inn on the Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Days Inn on the Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Nothing fancy about this hotel. Its was decent & the $50/night rate my friend and I got was acceptable.Hotel view was literally on the boardwalk. The room we got was pretty decent-nothing special. Small Closet and small locker. Convenient washer and dryer, and the vending machines were pretty useless & a ripoff ... as they were empty for the 3 night my friend and I stayed. Theres a few convenient stores, and Subway are on the corner of 74th & Collins about 1 block away if u need a midnight snack. WiFi signal was pretty week at times ( inside the room and downstairs in the lobby ). Conveniently located to Miami Dade Transit, which offers 24 hr Bus Service on Collins Ave.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

First of all, the pictures this folks have in their website have nothing to do with the real thing. This hotel is extraordinarily expensive for what it is (just because is "on the beach"). Is very dirty, noisy. the customer service is terrible. The rusted plumbing makes the bathroom smell bad. The building is not upkept. Is concerning because i think it represents a public health hazard. I strongly recommend not even browsing their website. The "manager" is a man called Michael Aponte, who when I hecked out charged 16 dollars to my credit card for "refrigerator use" . which astonishes me, because i didn't even see a refrigerator in the room. He refused to withdraw the charge. He was also rude to me. Unless you don't care about the above, I suggest to spend a few extra dollars and stay in a better place, when to start with there are no "hidden" charges. This place offers clearly a bad taste for visitors.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

first of all, the pictures this folks have in their website have nothing to do with the real thing. this hotel is extraordinarily expensive for what it is. is very dirty, noisy. the customer service is terrible. the building is not upkept. is concerning because i think it represents a public health hazard. i strongly recommend not even browsing this website. the "manager" is a man called michael aponte, who when i checked out charged 16 dollars to my credit card for "refrigerator use" . which astonishes me, because i didn't even see a refrigerator in the room. he refused to withdraw the charge.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

The Days Inn ranks below average in the categories of cleanliness and customer service. For example, extra charges are discovered only upon check-in, such as a mandatory fee for the fridge and safe inside the room. If you happen to have a car during your stay, they charge $6.42 per day to park from noon to noon the following day. Oddly enough the parking meters are free from 6pm to 8am every night. Thus, if you decide to park overnight and not pay for the parking pass until the following day, you must wake up at 8am to either put quarters in the meter or to pay for the parking pass, which only begins at noon. The amply named "complimentary breakfast" is exactly that, comlimentary and consists solely of coffee and danishes laid out in much the same way as it would be at a car dealership lobby while you wait for your car to be repaired.
One other example that comes to mind relates to the hot water not working one day. I called the fornt desk and asked them what the problem was and the operator simply said we are working on it, dont know when it will be fixed and promptly hung up on me.
On the flipside, the Days Inn does offer excellent location, 20 feet from the beach.
However, if you are seeking the true nightlife of south beach, this is not the location you want to be in. South Beach is roughly 70 blocks south of the hotel, which translates into either a 2 hour walk or $20 cab ride (for only 5 miles).
The front desk staff seem personable enough, but the hidden charges and general indifference to the customer do not bode well for a beach hotel. To be fair, however, the Days Inn never claims to be luxurious. This hotel does not advertise themselves to be special and they certianly meet that standard.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Do not stay there (unless you really cannot afford to pay 10$ more to find sth decent!). The rooms are old and not clean, the air condition smells bad and from our bath tube rotten water was flowing...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel early February. We booked it last minute and I have come to realize since then that I read the reviews for another Days Inn before booking. If I had read these ones we would never have stayed here.
First of all when we checked out we discovered that we we charged an additional fee because there was a microwave and fridge in our room. We did not request it nor use it but we had to pay it anyway.
Next we were placed in room 310. Never stay here if you can avoid it. The room is right behind that one elevator and you can here it creaking and sqeaking all night. When we got in bed we were shocked to hear the couple in the room next to us having a normal conversation in normal voices and we could hear every word...in fact we could have conversed with them.
Anyway, all I can say is that the staff were pretty friendly and helpful, but I would never ever stay at this hotel again. It is noisy, smelly and run down. I have never had an experience like this before...thankfully!

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I felt compelled to write a review for this place as the reviews I read prior to staying at the hotel were quite extreme and shocking. As expected, it is not as bad as everyone makes it sound. In fact, it's not bad at all. People are overly dramatic.

We stayed there for one night after our cruise and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was basic but very clean. There was a bit of a smell in the hallway, but I think that is to be expected for such an old building. The room included a microwave, fridge and safe - which was nice. It also had WiFi that worked well.

For the price and location, I think it is a great deal. The location is excellent. The parking was also reasonable at $6.00/day for a pass.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Miami Beach - Days Inn North Beach? Share your experiences!