“great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
SEBRING
“great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

great location, I work in Miami beach 1 week out of every year......this hotel is not the w but for less 80.00 usd......the staff are very nice and pleasant. there is a restraint next door that has pretty good food and a verity of adult beverages..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were unhappy with our room. We are a family of four (two children ages 8 and 5). The man at the front desk was very friendly and the lobby seemed nice. We were excited when the man told us the rooms were newly renovated. When we got upstairs to our room (#512), we found that it was way too small for a family of four. It was so small that we couldn't open our three suit cases in the room because of a lack of space. Two suitcases were an average large size and one was a medium. We had to take one of the suitcases into the walk-in closet and open it there. The bathroom was also too small and had only one short, narrow ledge to place personal items (not enough space). When we took showers the tub leaked. There were not enough outlets in the room and we had to unplug the alarm clock to charge our mobile phones (2). I had to charge my phone in the bathroom over night, as the only other outlets available were being used to charge our camera and kids' electronic games. The pool seemed nice, although we didn't get to use it much on account of all the rain. We were charged $8.50 a day for a "reservation fee" which I think is ridiculous. Parking was $10 a night. The hotel should give a card to put in the windshield for free parking as a courtesy instead of charging a phony charge of $8.50. The room is okay for 1-2 people but not 4. We wont be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great hotel, staff is very friendly, amazing location, close to lots of shops and eateries! I loved this hotel so much that I will be staying here again the next time I visit Miami Beach! Pool is amazing, free wi-fi (mind you I have a teenager) clean comfy rooms, fridge and microwave, steps to the beach. Restaurant next door is great as well! Parking is some what of an issue but that's a problem all on the island, can't do anything about it except go with the flow of it. Truly loved this hotel, thank you staff for your wonderful warm hospitality. Bathroom is small but that didn't bother me, huge closet! Elevator is also small and there is only one, doing a little stair excercise never hurt anyone though.

Room Tip: Great place to stay for the budget conscious family member planning the vacation. Will not be disapp...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was here with my family and we had 5 kids with. It was very important that the hotel is clean and it's very clean. Yes it's a small bathroom but all we need to do its shower and brush our teeth and of we go again! Very nice personnel!! Beach towel provided everyday for 8$ more. Although the swimming pool can be more maintain but it's a salt water pool! They have a laundry room for the guest which was very useful since 9 of us been on vacation for the last 7 days and more days to go.

Overall, this place is a very good place to stay for the price we paid!

Stayed July 2014
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll start my review by saying that I will definitely stay here again if I am on a budget (like I was this past trip).

The room rate to be Oceanside was unbeatable. You literally walk outside of the lobby and cross a tiny street (that's really just for parking and doesn't see much traffic) and the beach entrance is right there. I could see it from my window.

Parking - Metered parking but it was not an issue as they only charge between 8 AM and 6PM. Which if you are planning on driving around and sightseeing you will most likely only pay $2-5 per day with parking. When it came to overnight parking. I am not an early bird. so after a night of partying we would arrive back at the hotel at 4 AM and pay less than $5 to pay for parking up until noon. The public parking is super cheap. Another great thing about the public parking is that it is valid for anywhere on miami beach. So once you pay for (up to 10 hrs) you can park anywhere and not have to double pay

South Beach - it was about a $20 cab fair to south beach. So if your only plan is to party in south beach then i don't recommend this hotel.

Staff - Exceptional! You cannot find better service at a 5-star hotel. They were attentive, humble, and helpful. Shout out to Michael who hooked it up to give us ocean view for my birthday.

Facilities - OLD lol which didn't bother me too much. If you are looking for modern then this is not the place for you. Very old with paint peeling. I somehow managed to ignore it, but it is clear that they are in serious need of renovations. However, I shall not complain because renovations may mean jacking up the rate about $30 more per night.

If you want something simple just to sleep then this is graet for you.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View. Also i recommend second floor. THe elevator is super slow
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel is not in the greatest neighborhood but the staff was very nice and the decor was pleasant. Our rooms were clean and new; good night's sleep in the back rooms. The rates were reasonable although they did not include breakfast. You are right in front of the beach which is convenient. The beach itself needs to be developed- no bathroom facilities nearby. BUT: no hotel parking so one had to feed the meters. Great to have a good Cuban restaurant practically around the corner: Sazón Cuban Cuisine. They charge a "resort fee" although it is not really a resort, apparently this is a south Florida issue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very nice staff. Kleen room. Good bed.. Free parking and free wf acces. We vill come bach another time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Miami Beach - Days Inn North Beach? Share your experiences!