“A real gem in Miami Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Miami Beach - Days Inn North Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7450 Ocean Terrace, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #126 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Wallingford
“A real gem in Miami Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A friend and I took a quick winter break, spending three days in the Keys and one night in Miami at this hotel. I only wish we'd had more time there! The location was superb, right on a lovely stretch of beach with parking right out front on the street ($1.00 per hour 8 am to 6 pm, so really reasonable). I really enjoyed this area, which is much quieter than South Beach. The room was clean and comfortable, overlooking the beach on the fourth floor. The outdoor restaurant was a terrific location though the food and service both left much to be desired. All in all, though, we enjoyed our stay here very much and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better as there is noise from the restaurant until about 11 pm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When I first arrived and walked into the Lobby I was Like "Oh Boy" But The Desk Clerk was Cute, Helpful and Very Friendly! So were all the Other Employees. Nothing spectacular about the Hotel At All , Except the Beach and Location! Would I stay again, YES!

• Stayed January 2013
Viborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The absolutely best part about this hotel is the location at the first row of the North Beach on a quit side-road. We stayed here twice (in the beginning and end of our Florida holiday). The first time in a room at the back, but the second time we were upgraded to a room with ocean view. Fantastic! The rooms are small and the hotel is old but clean and the personnel at the front desk very friendly. Being a low-budget hotel you get value for the money here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're on a budget, then this hotel is good to go. If you want something nice or romantic then probably not the best fit. It was our family vacation and we were fine with the hotel. However, it was quite cramped with 4 people in one room, but oh well. It was also nice that they we got our room close to our friends' rooms. The big closet was definitely nice. The hotel felt pretty old, but overall, the vacation was a good one!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is the nice staff. Very special thanks to Lisa. She was the first person I met in Miami, and her kindness and pleasant smile made me optimistic about the trip. The gentleman in the nightshift was also very nice. All of the reception staff, and the housekeeping staff are very nice; thanks to all of them.

The hotel is not in the busy area of South beach, but it is a few steps away from the ocean. The beach there is less crowded. There are several stores and restaurants around. Also, the South beach is easily accessible by bus. In addition, most of the excursions prices include pick-up from the hotel. So, I liked staying at the North beach so that I can see more of Miami.

The rooms are clean, but they are a bit old. It is not a luxurious hotel and not spotlessly clean; yet, it is is good if you need a clean bed and bathroom. There was a little musty smell in the reception and hallway to the room , but that smell was not in the room at all. There is a refrigerator and a microwave in the room, and they provide beach chairs, so generally the necessary amenities are provided to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I arrived a couple of hours before check-in time(Christmas Day) and was told by the very nice desk clerk(Michael) he was waiting for the rooms to be cleaned and would give me one as soon as possible. After about 15 minutes, I was called to the counter. I had booked a 2 bed pool view room because it was less expensive and I travel on a budget. The clerk asked if I really needed two beds (I was obviously traveling solo), and when I replied "No," he said "Good, I have upgraded you to a king oceanview room." Yippee!! I had a 6th floor corner room with a king-sized bed and a HUGE walk-in closet. The view was amazing(see picture). It is an older hotel and could use some updating, but it was perfect for me. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, but no coffee maker. (When I checked out, I saw a sign on the counter that said you could ask for a coffee maker.) I tried to eat breakfast in the hotel bar/restaurant one morning, but I was totally ignored by the waitresses(I wasn't sure it was actually open for business, so I didn't complain), so I left and went arountd the block to a great little cafe that was open. The beach is across the street from the hotel. There wasn't any traffic, so walking to the beach was a breeze. There is a huge boardwalk area that was great for walking. There are several restaurants within a couple of blocks, along with small convenience stores. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for upper floor room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Miami Beach - Days Inn North Beach? Share your experiences!