“Great Choice.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
buffalo,ny
“Great Choice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Recently spent a week in Miami. We were attending a wedding and decided to turn into a week stay. Found Circa 39 by using trip advisor to begin with. Nice boutique hotel with great location. Walking distance to shops, beach, restaurants with market next store extra bonus. Value is bottom line its not a big hotel which adds to its charm. Pool area isn't large but clean, bar area comfortable. Restaurant simple but food was good worked great for lunch. Room was clean, and service was awesome. Staff all very professional, friendly and helpful. Access to beach and chairs Parking extra but that's everywhere. Would definitely go back next time in area. Free wi fi ok

Room Tip: upper floors better I'm told we had upper and never heard a soul, and it was a busy week
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Sweet is the word. From the moment you walk into the pretty lobby, it smells sweet. The hotel is small, but there is this adorable little courtyard in the back you just have to sit and relax in.. Check in was a breeze. I went with my teenage daughter to get away for a few days and it was perfect. We arrived hours before check in, but they had a room ready for us and were so friendly. The room was cute, sunny and colorful. Just like Miami!. The floors were a pretty wood, there was a safe and a mini fridge in the room. ( which was nice, because we went to Whole foods and bought breakfast foods for our stay) There were towels in there for the beach. You just walk across the street to the beach and there are chairs available ( for free, $10 for an umbrella). The pool was adorable with little areas to sit. We especially loved the concierge. He was super friendly and helpful. It was a bit far from South beach. About $10- $12 taxi drive, but the taxi stand was directly across the street. We never got a chance to eat there, but checked out the morning buffet and it looked yummy. Also, right next store is a little market with outdoor seating and great for breakfast or forgotten suntan lotion. I Loved this place, would definitely go back again!!!

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street ( Collins Ave), they seemed to be doing construction on the side str...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Took a bit of a chance on this hotel because it was recommended through a company website and I couldn't have been anymore pleased with my stay. Great room, huge bathroom, great lounge areas, and personable staff members. Oh, and it's literally a few steps from the beach. We decided last minute to extend our stay for a few more hours and they accommodated us with no argument. Blondell was of especially great help and had us laughing at check in. Over all, great hotel, great location, and since I got a company discount, great price.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was there in March with my mom. We walked in to the front desk and the manager at that moment (can't remember her name but she was short,maybe Indian or Guyanese woman?) was a bit rude. The hotel was very nice though. Nicely decorated and a great location in Miami Beach (just a short bus ride to Ocean Drive/South Beach. Bus stop was a block away from the hotel). We got back to the hotel and knocked out. The next morning I woke up to bites all over my arms, hands and legs and even one on my face and a few on my back. At first I thought I ate something I was allergic to because I couldn't believe such a nice hotel would have bed bugs. I searched the bed and TA-DA. I found a bed bug still alive and crawling on the pillow. I then did a more thorough search and found 3 more bed bugs (alive) and there were blood spot stains throughout the sheets (possibly from housekeeping finding bed bugs before and trying to wash the blood off?). We called the front desk and they did send someone from house keeping immediately (and very nice man. can't remember his name but he was from Costa Rica)and offered us another room. I was thinking about changing hotels completely but being that I was only in Miami for a few days and I already wasted an entire morning dealing with this, and plus I was running low on cash, I took a chance and accepted the other room. The manager who was brash with me from check in did a 360 and was very nice when dealing with this issue (conveniently) but the other staff was extremely nice and helped me move everything over and even threw my clothes in their washing machine. The other room had no bed bugs (I checked very thoroughly) but I did spend the rest of my time in Miami itching, had to stop by the pharmacy to look for some anti-itch cream and looked like I had some skin disease. Plus because I was itching so bad I barely slept the rest of my time there. Too bad this happened because based on it's appearance alone this hotel was very nice and in a great location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Alma C, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Andrea O,
We deeply regret the negative experience you had while being our guest, even more so as you did find both the hotels’ décor and its location appealing. Hygiene and cleanliness are of utmost importance and always a priority to us, and thus, your concerns were addressed immediately and with your interest and well-being at heart. Please rest assured that our hotel and all the guestrooms are regularly serviced and maintained by professionals with experience in tropical infestations not uncommon in South Florida. We hope that this sole experience will not deter you from possibly staying with us in the future should your travels bring you back to Miami Beach.
Kind regards,
Alma
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was very nice and smelled great in the lobby. Our room had a wood floor which made it feel very clean. The shower was big and the bathroom was very nice. Mini fridge and safe were good additions to the room. We didn't go in the pool but it looked nice. We really enjoyed the breakfast sitting out in front of the hotel. The parking is on the south side of 39th street in a small lot. Once you get your bearings with the one-way roads, it turns out to be a great location. The beach area is across Collins, about a 2 minute walk. Beach is great, free chairs. There is a Carrabbas at the hotel across the street and they will serve you lunch on the beach. Just look out for their runner walking around the chairs. It was also great having the little store next to the hotel. It has everything you would expect from a small drug store, plus a hot food area. They have great breakfast sandwiches. Would definitely stay at Circa 39 again.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the hotel (east side) were very nice.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The first approach when you enter into this boutique hotel is the perfume and the light blue color that is so cool.
I loved to stay at Circa39, different from the other hotels, it is little but so particular, chic and full of precious details. All the staff is kind, helpful and prepared to meet every needs in a fast and friendly way. Bar and pool are really relaxing area, and all rooms are distributed in a large space, also outside the main building but well connected.
We were in a double large and clean room at the second floor behind the main structure of the hotel. The hotel is recently renewed. Great attention to the environment and go-green style also inside the rooms.
It is a peaceful place near the beach and not so far from Lincoln Rd, Ocean Drive and well organized with tour operators to visit the main attractions like Key West.
The only weak thing I found is the wi-fi, outside the main building it doesn't work, anyway I really appreciated this place outside the main street, like an oasis. A Paradise in Miami South Beach.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Circa 39 is a boutique hotel in the best sense! It is an historical property, built in 1939, hence the name. The interior is very updated, clean, perfectly decorated - not too over the top Miami - with a nice calm feel to it. All the staff were very nice and helpful. Food and drinks were great!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and at first I was skeptical about it being noisy but it was very quiet...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Circa 39 Hotel? Share your experiences!