“Solid 3 star place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Maryland
“Solid 3 star place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights for the AAD conference. Friendly employees, the concierge was quite helpful educating me as to transportation options. Being located at 39th, it is a long walk to South Beach, so you're either taking a bus, taxi, or bike rental. Room was clean, bathroom very small, we were in 127 with a nice view of the pool area. Nice bar and nice pool area. We had lunch at the restaurant, high end cafe quality. Per other reviewers, we skipped the $9.95 breakfast buffet, nothing special based on my visual assessment. For breakfast, I highly recommend the Primo Market next door. They do an awesome egg/bacon/cheese bagel, and nice cuban coffee. Easy walk to the beach (though they had record cold temps during our stay), with free use of the Bluefin beach chair service, though if you want an umbrella, its $10, and they want cash. Here are some minor improvement opportunities: maid service occurred between 4-5pm, and I called the front desk on it twice. I was told that's how they do it, last priority to those staying on, vs rooms checking out. Not a huge deal, but would prefer my room made up in the morning. Our iron was cracked and leaked water all over one of my sweaters, and the floor when I tried to use it. I wrapped it in a towel and was able to "Macgyver" it. I told the front desk we needed a replacement iron, upon returning 6 hours later, it had not been done. When our maid came by, around 4:30 pm, she took care of it. They could use a coffee set up in the morning. We departed between 6 and 8am, there was nothing! This next one is a "good news/bad news". Kudos that they offer complimentary wireless internet!! Unfortunately, it is painstakingly sloooowwww (less than 1Mb/s download speed, ala "dial-up). We tried to stream a movie, it would run for 20 sec, stop for 5-10 seconds. They need to fix that. All in all, good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alma C, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Circa 39 Hotel and for providing such detailed guest perspective of your most recent stay. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate the positive comments regarding our friendly and helpful employees and nice grounds. I believe that the only way to improve one’s service and style is to truly listen to what our guests are saying and try to constantly improve; your input has truly proven an asset in this endeavor. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Miami Beach.
Alma Cue
Circa 39 Hotel Management

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This charming hotel is a throwback to the days of Miami and Cuba during the art deco era of 30s and 40's. Remodeled well, the rooms are nice, cool and quiet. The location couldn't be better, and the building itself is a modest size where you can keep track of everything around you. The staff here is professional, courteous, knowledgeable, helpful and charming. I would even venture to say that they made my stay absolutely a pleasure. if you like the idea of discovering places just off the beaten path and getting to know the people along the way. Then this place is the ticket. I would not only recommend this hotel to all my friends but I will definitely be returning here my next time in Miami. 5 STARS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alma C, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Circa 39 Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are delighted that your stay was an absolute pleasure! We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Miami Beach!
Sending you our warmest regards, Circa39 Team
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Was here for one night. Loved the room and bathroom was updated nicely. Everything was very clean and looked sleek and simple. Location was on Collins Ave across the street from beach. The pool is open 24 hours and really cute. There's an indoor bar and a friend had a drink sent to my room while I was getting ready- great service too! Breakfast is about $12 a person and parking is $24 a day if you park in the lot instead of the street. I would def stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013
Alma C, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for not only choosing to stay with us, but for also taking the time to review our hotel. It was absolutely our pleasure to have had you as our guest and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Much appreciation for your kind words.
Circa 39 Team
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel itself is very OK, there is a pool area and a gym (although the gym was closed at the time of my stay). It's located close to the beach but if you want some night life, cafes, restaurants and clubs you are quite a distance away from those attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alma C, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Circa 39 and choosing to stay with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest! I regret your discontent with our tranquil location situated just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach night life. We do hope that whenever your travels bring you back to our city to welcome you again!
Circa 39 Team
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Circa 39 from a Wednesday, through the weekend, to a Monday in early February 2013. We had a great time and choosing this hotel had a lot to do with that. Housekeeping promptly cleaned our room daily and was very thorough. Front desk staff were informative, friendly and very helpful.

The location of Circa 39 cannot be beat. It was a great base from which to visit all of Miami and even beyond -Everglades etc. Convenient hotel parking was key! The lot was just across the street from the hotel. And the beach was just across another street from the hotel. Why stay in noisy South Beach when you can simply visit that part of town for the nightlife? The beach was also well-staffed with plenty of chairs available.

My few criticisms had to do with our room, 129, and the pool. Overall, it was great: ground floor and awesome view of the pool. My sister and I missed a full-length mirror in the room. Two ladies getting themselves ready for the evening really need a full-length mirror! Also, the bathroom floor got wet every time we took showers. Finally, the pool area was great but could have used more cleaning, because one day it had some trash in it that didn't get cleared away for a while.

I would stay at Circa 39 again in a heartbeat. As my sister is relocating to Miami, I hope to have occasion to do so! Special staff who went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome include Lana and Anabel. Many thanks to them and their colleagues for a great vacation in Miami!

Room Tip: 129 has great light in the morning and a good view of the pool!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice little hotel on Collins Avenue, across the street from the beach. Nice room. Nice pool. The one con: The hotel restaurant was a bit expensive and there really weren't many options in the neighborhood other than a convenience store/cafe next door and Carrabas across the street. The main South Beach drag was about a 20-minute walk in one direction and the Fontainebleu and Eden Roc were about 10 minutes going the other way. Also, there was little soundproofing between rooms, and with the wood floors, the bed rolled every time I turned in it. To the hotel's credit, they were quick to fix it when I mentioned it. They replaced the wheels with posts and that did the trick. I'd say this is more of a 31/2 star hotel, but either way, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Killarney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed my trip! lovely clean bright rooms close to the beach and a free breakfast. Very nice and helpful staff. Our beds were very comfortable, I did not care for Miami much but this hotel was a great beach side retreat!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Circa 39 Hotel? Share your experiences!