“Quiet place for a Sunday night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Website Special From $114
Ranked #59 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
DC Area
“Quiet place for a Sunday night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had our travel agent book the Circa 39 for a night before we headed out for a cruise after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Tend to be budget travelers so the experience was better than expected for the rate we paid for Miami Beach. The staff was attentive and helpful in helping us find places to eat and shop for somethings for the cruise. (TIP: Walgreens is just a few blocks away.)

We stayed in a king room in the annex, noise free and overlooked the patio area (a great place to hang out and have a drink and relax). The room was clean, bright, and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable.

Location is about 2.5 miles from the heart of South Beach, and was a nice walk for us along the boardwalk. For the budget traveler there is great bus service a block over on Indian Spring to South Beach (Lincoln Road) and back for $2 each way.

Room Tip: If we are to go back, we would ask for a room in the annex. Very quiet back there...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Circa 39 is a great location with a hip look and feel. Our room, while not especially fancy or large, was different than most places we've stayed and had a Miami feel. Great, easy walk to the beach and other South Beach locales. (Great breakfast and cuban coffee at the shop next door!). The pool was great. The best part of our trip was Jorge, the bartender! He was so fun, friendly and made the most amazing mojitos! My one big point of issue was they placed us in a room where, every morning at 6:00 am, we heard staff loudly filling ice machines. It was very loud and woke us up both nights. I have no idea why the staff would do this or why this room would be filled given the choices. I did receive a nice note of apology from the manager who said they would look into the practice. All told, I would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Had group of 6 travel to miami for 2 nights before driving up to Orlando and decided on Circa 39. Receptionist was friendly when we arrived and pretty helpfull. Room was clean but not op standard. Considering what we paid I thought this hotel was good value for money and would certainly stay here again if I needed to.

Found that bar and pool area was quite nice to relax in and enjoyed my early morning jog on the beach front.

Reception area left un attended a lot and as tourist there was no one to assist/advise us, but in general really enjoyed our stay. (we just used it to sleep in and chill out with jet lag so absolutely fine for this)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was mostly pleased with this hotel. The location, just a bit north of the craziness of Lincoln Road, was perfect. The staff was very nice, the hotel modern and clean. The pool area is also a plus. The only gripes I have, and they are minor, are that our shower head was coming away from the wall, the lighting in the bathroom is awful, and our bartender spoke bad English (When we tried to order a pomegranate martini, he handed us a bottle of Amaretto). Also, no free coffee in the morning, although the breakfast buffet is pretty good and reasonable. I really wanted to rate this hotel at 3 1/2. A good deal for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights at start of honeymoon

Good - well priced very clean friendly staff nice courtyard pool small but nice v close to beach

Not so good - breakfastgoodbut expensive / long way from ocean drive but easy to get buses or cabs

Overall would recommend staying here if looking for well priced option in miami beach

• Stayed December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I had a fall at the hotel on the morning of the 8th of December 2011, when I slipped on broken glass that had been on the terrace for over 24 hours and not cleaned up. The fall was in front of and witnessed by the hotel waitress and I was badly hurt.
No one took any responsibility for the accident, they would not assist me with required medical treatment (I was told to take myself to the hospital casualty dept and was left to apply initial First Aid which thanks to St Johns Ambulance course I do know how to do).
I was left injured and had to fend for myself. I was then accused of manufacturing the incident and bullied, threatened and terrorised by the aggressive Senior Hotel Manager.
No incident report was made, no apology, no help whats so ever. They don't give a [--] about you. Left hotel sobbing, injured and in shock.
I had to seek emergency treatment at the airport and get a medical clearance in order to fly home the same day. Even with my travel insurance I am out of pocket and have 3 weeks convalescence ahead of me with no work ordered by the Doctor.

Also the suite I had booked over a month in advance was not available on arrival and I was given a lesser room where the WIFI didn't work, unhappy I complained and was moved to an even smaller room but at least the WIFI worked. When I mentioned that I was not being given what I had booked I was told to go elsewhere, when this was Art Basel week and nothing else was available. This Hotel more than doubled its rates for the Art Basel week. I was invited to Art Basel as a VIP. Next time I will go to a corporate hotel that maybe big and impersonal but I know they are not going to be nasty, irresponsible, unsafe and greedy. I have done a lot of travelling in my life and can say this was the worst experience in all my travels. Take a minute and rethink about it if you are thinking about staying here for all the glossy pictures and promises of service when it comes to the crunch they just don't care, it is an unsafe environment where accidents happen caused by their incompetence and unprofessional care.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Management_Circa39, Manager at Circa 39 Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
I will limit this response to facts only, so that we stay close to reality.

You booked one month in advance, you canceled one week after that because of a family emergency. We understood and waived the penalty. Did we show consideration ? Yes.

A few days later you asked us to reinstate your reservation, we did not have the same room, we did not have the same rate, but we confirmed the same rate out of consideration.

You arrived and you did not like the hotel, nor the amenities, or the staff. You did not even like the guests who were your neighbors, you wanted us to move them although they were not disturbing you in any way. You compromised staying the first night, so that you could check all your other choices. You had other choices, only much more expensive. You decided to stay the entire week, so you compromised again based on price criteria.

When you compromised to stay, whatever the reason, you accepted our hospitality.
May be, in your opinion, we did not have much to offer, but it was wonderful that you decided to let us offer it to you.

After that, you were constantly unhappy and crying, even when I was complementing your artistic work which I think is remarkable and it should be enough to make you happy and proud.

The check out day brought pain and suffering and we tried to help, but we could not, if you do not allow us. You lost your balance while carrying the breakfast plate and, luckily, you reached the table for support and you did not fall. You hurt your hand and we wanted to call Rescue or send you to the hospital, but you refused everything, even the pack of ice that we wanted to wrap around your hand. You did not have time to see the doctor, but you had time to argue the total invoice and threaten with the lawyers.

You think our behavior shows that we do not care, we think that consideration was proven all the way during your entire stay and we also think that the amount of consideration has nothing to do with the amount of the discount. When you give $5 you show the same amount of consideration as you show when you give $5000.

This is the real miracle of hospitality, you offer a small piece of what you have, or what you can afford, and, if it is received with grace, it means that one page in the history of hospitality was written and all of us, guests and hoteliers, learnt from it.
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff was friendly, the lobby is attractive and welcoming, breakfast was ok and the room was nice and clean. The price was good for the Miami Beach area and we received a better price calling the hotel directly along with receiving extra perks such as getting the breakfast thrown in for free.

The pool area is small but very protected against the wind. There is lovely courtyard with chairs and trees and is nice if you want to avoid the sun for a while.

The beach is across the street but if you show your room key you receive a lounge chair at no cost.

Room Tip: Call for the best room location. Some rooms look on to the pool while others face the courtyard. T...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Circa 39 Hotel? Share your experiences!