“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Before booking the room I wasnt sure if I wanted to stay because there were some pretty bad reviews on here. But when I tell you pleasant surprise, I mean pleasant!!!! I stayed in 115, its way in the back on the first floor, but the room was all brand new furniture, there was no view, but thats not a big deal considering when you walk on the front doors your right on Ocean Dr. The only rooms with views of the ocean are the suites. We had gotten married the weekend before and just needed a quick get away to unwind. And this place fit the bill, gave me a later check out, easy check in. Only thing is valet is 25.00, but good luck finding anything cheaper than that anywhere in south Beach. Yes there is a restaurant in front of the hotel, but who cares, I dont know why people are making that a big deal, there are restaurants in front of every hotel. All in all this was a great place to stay, and the location is perfect!!! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Watch out for South Beach "Service fees", that is the tip, so dont tip twice. Wifi is free...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Good hotel for spring break or a short stay. It's right in the middle of the action. It's across the street from the beach. Rooms are ok but I didn't spend much time in there. Plenty of food and drink options in the area. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Eddie N, Guest Relations Manager at Colony Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good Evening TLopez1982,

Our guests feedback means the world to us, and all of our future guests! We are the perfect place to stay for during Spring Break! We are close to all the action that takes place here in South Beach! Come back soon!

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great 3 night stay at the hotel. Our room was located at the rear of the hotel which was a little noisy. Dumpsters were emptied early in the morning. The rooms was a nice size, bathroom a little small but, this is a classic Art Deco hotel. Wifi at the rear of the hotel was hopeless
Bed was comfortable. Room was very clean. Large screen TV. Good air on.
Room was of a good standard, good location.
Would I go back.... Yes

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello there and thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback, regarding your recent stay! We apologize for the noise that you experienced from the garbage truck emptying the dumpsters in the morning! It's great to read that you enjoyed your room, and our comfy beds. We would love to welcome you back to stay with us again!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked out of this hotel earlier today, stayed for two nights. Checked in late Friday night and it was quick and effortless. Room was small but was only used for sleeping and showering. The only thing I would give less stars on would be the shower curtain did not keep the water from off of the floor, other than that my stay was great, would definitely book again on return trips to Miami.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving such a great review. We have taken note of the shower curtain. We were delighted to have you as our guest and are looking forward for your next visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can not speak for the condition of the hotel or the quality of a stay there; I had a reservation but had to cancel it. However, that process was so unbelievably difficult, I felt compelled to write. After cancelling my reservation online a week earlier, I called the hotel about a $183 charge on my credit card. The phone rang and rang. Finally, a man answered and without a lick of courtesy said he needed to put me on hold. Ten minutes later, I was disconnected. Okay, fine. I called back. The phone rang so, so many times. Then, it sounded like it was picked up and hung up. I re-dialed. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring X 5? 10? Forever. Then, click again. So, I got online in search of a different number and ended up calling the restaurant. I know that the restaurant is out front and separate from the hotel but wondered if they would have a way of transferring me or somehow helping. This time, a man answered who was halfway cordial, but then he either set the phone down or passed it off...Next thing I know, I hear an earful from a Spanish-speaking lady talking to who knows who about who knows what and then, click, yet again. I have traveled extensively. This is the worst treatment I have ever received anywhere and the only time I have ever written a review which is great for me but speaks volumes about the Colony, a hotel where the staff is either much too busy or highly unskilled- or both- to deserve any more business. I feel especially fortunate, now, to be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Good Evening bmcfall1101,

We appreciate the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry to read about the less then enjoyable experience that you had with us here at Colony Hotel! We strive to provide outstanding service here. It truly pains us to read that is not what you experienced! I would love to assist you in finding out what this charge for $183 was for. You can email me directly. I look forward in hearing from you!

Eddie Nunez
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely loved the location of this place! Ubers were only $2-6 from everything you really need (unless you're flying in from FLL..thats like a $35 Uber ride). But the hotel room was very very small and the view is terrible! So if you can, get the Oceanview Suite, I never saw it inside but I'm sure it was way nicer than our room. Plus the bathrooms were ridiculously small! But aside from that just downstairs is a restaurant with amazing food everywhere!! I would recommend this place to anyone, any day!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Eddie N, Guest Relations Manager at Colony Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
TravelChapters we value your review, and would like to thank you for sharing it! The location of Colony Hotel is unbeatable. We are a boutique hotel, therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. The ocean view rooms are great and have a lovely view of Ocean Drive. Please come back and give us another chance.

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

this hotel is not suitable actually really as adequate accommodation nowadays, behind the shining facade the hotel has stopped in the age of the backpack tourists in Miami South Beach – i.e. in 80 he years.
small poorly soundproofed room, very old bath with regular beetle visit, everything incurred, if man/woman looks behind the Venetian blinds he/she knows at the latest why: garbage waste dump, mattress resting place, camp for kitchen next door, smoker / inside area for restaurant staff, … with quite much effort 'lateral sea view' (see also photo)
in addition: Wi-Fi only in the lobby, everything at very inflated prices, during check-in we felt rather disturbing as welcome, no permitted (out)load possibility.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback, regarding your recent stay! It truly pains us to read that your time spent here at Colony Hotel, was not a 5 star one! We would like to apologize for the less then enjoyable experience that you had. We would like to go ahead and welcome you back, to stay with us again in the future. Please let me know when you will come back to Miami Beach!

Scarlett Mona

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!