“Birthday weekend ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #134 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Birthday weekend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Checked out of this hotel earlier today, stayed for two nights. Checked in late Friday night and it was quick and effortless. Room was small but was only used for sleeping and showering. The only thing I would give less stars on would be the shower curtain did not keep the water from off of the floor, other than that my stay was great, would definitely book again on return trips to Miami.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can not speak for the condition of the hotel or the quality of a stay there; I had a reservation but had to cancel it. However, that process was so unbelievably difficult, I felt compelled to write. After cancelling my reservation online a week earlier, I called the hotel about a $183 charge on my credit card. The phone rang and rang. Finally, a man answered and without a lick of courtesy said he needed to put me on hold. Ten minutes later, I was disconnected. Okay, fine. I called back. The phone rang so, so many times. Then, it sounded like it was picked up and hung up. I re-dialed. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring X 5? 10? Forever. Then, click again. So, I got online in search of a different number and ended up calling the restaurant. I know that the restaurant is out front and separate from the hotel but wondered if they would have a way of transferring me or somehow helping. This time, a man answered who was halfway cordial, but then he either set the phone down or passed it off...Next thing I know, I hear an earful from a Spanish-speaking lady talking to who knows who about who knows what and then, click, yet again. I have traveled extensively. This is the worst treatment I have ever received anywhere and the only time I have ever written a review which is great for me but speaks volumes about the Colony, a hotel where the staff is either much too busy or highly unskilled- or both- to deserve any more business. I feel especially fortunate, now, to be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely loved the location of this place! Ubers were only $2-6 from everything you really need (unless you're flying in from FLL..thats like a $35 Uber ride). But the hotel room was very very small and the view is terrible! So if you can, get the Oceanview Suite, I never saw it inside but I'm sure it was way nicer than our room. Plus the bathrooms were ridiculously small! But aside from that just downstairs is a restaurant with amazing food everywhere!! I would recommend this place to anyone, any day!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Eddie N, Guest Relations Manager at Colony Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
TravelChapters we value your review, and would like to thank you for sharing it! The location of Colony Hotel is unbeatable. We are a boutique hotel, therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. The ocean view rooms are great and have a lovely view of Ocean Drive. Please come back and give us another chance.

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this hotel is not suitable actually really as adequate accommodation nowadays, behind the shining facade the hotel has stopped in the age of the backpack tourists in Miami South Beach – i.e. in 80 he years.
small poorly soundproofed room, very old bath with regular beetle visit, everything incurred, if man/woman looks behind the Venetian blinds he/she knows at the latest why: garbage waste dump, mattress resting place, camp for kitchen next door, smoker / inside area for restaurant staff, … with quite much effort 'lateral sea view' (see also photo)
in addition: Wi-Fi only in the lobby, everything at very inflated prices, during check-in we felt rather disturbing as welcome, no permitted (out)load possibility.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback, regarding your recent stay! It truly pains us to read that your time spent here at Colony Hotel, was not a 5 star one! We would like to apologize for the less then enjoyable experience that you had. We would like to go ahead and welcome you back, to stay with us again in the future. Please let me know when you will come back to Miami Beach!

Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Let me first say that I am a picky traveler who expects cleanliness, comfort, and service when I travel... with that said; here is my review. I just returned from my stay at the Colony Hotel south beach. I was there March 7-10. I was skeptical to book this hotel at first, because of all the sketchy reviews I read on here. I was very satisfied and pleased with the hotel:

Pros:
- Location! Its in the center of everything; with Wet Willies right on the same block!
-Room was just he right size for us! We had 1 queen bed and stayed in room 316. It was quiet and very clean.
-The entire staff (front desk, maids) were very pleasant

Cons:
-The water temp in the shower was difficult to adjust. It was either cold or very hot.. I had to play with it for awhile to get the right temperature.
-The elevator was a bit slow. If your in a rush just take the stairs.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and my friends for sure.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Great review Nicole A! We truly value our guests reviews! The location of Colony Hotel can't be beat! We are in the heart of the town, where everything you want to do is at your finger tips. Our employee's here work hard, to make sure that they provide the best service to each and every guest! I can see that you experienced an issue with the water temperature. If we could have been aware of this when you were in house, we could have sent someone up to take a look at it. Our elevator is historic and takes a bit for her to move up and down. We hope to have you as guests the following time you come to South Beach!

La Spezia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

I've chosen this Hotel because it is a Legend in Miami Beach. My stay of 10 days was really good, the room was confortable (Double sized bed, fan, air conditioning, flat 46" TV or bigger, big minibar). I was in room 313, on the upper floor in the corner. The Hotel is located in the Hearth of Ocean Drive's nightlife and you have only to cross the street to reach the sea. I think this is a very good hotel if you want to enjoy the life of Miami Beach. The WiFi connection is fast but sometimes in the corner rooms the signal is bad (I was not able to connect for 3 days) but it is not a big trouble in a place like that :) when I'll come back to Miami and I'll need an Hotel to stay, I'll be sure to choose this again.

Best regards to the staff from a colleague ;)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dear AlbeSp84,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Colony Hotel, it was a delight having you as our guest. Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. I’m very pleased to read you had such a nice stay with us and the location was to your liking. We look forward in hosting your following stay to Miami!

Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Stayed here the night before our family cruise. The location is awesome, right across the street from South Beach and close to many shops and restaurants. We arrived about 5 P.M. and all 5 couples were in their room within minutes. The entrance is very strange, having to walk through the restaurant to get to the small reception desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful, a surprise since I had read several reviews where this was not the case.

Our room was clean, though quite small with two beds that appeared to be full-size. They were definitely not queens. For a quick one night stay this hotel was fine, Not sure I would want to stay much longer because of the small room and bathroom. Many people have mentioned the slow, cramped elevator. Our son and his wife took the elevator while my wife and I took the stairs, and we beat them to the second floor.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear SeetheParks7,
We value the time it takes our guests to share their feedback, whether it be positive or negative. The location of our hotel is definitely prime. I see that you were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel. Our elevator is historic and takes a bit for her to move up and down. We hope to have you as guests the following time you come to South Beach!

Scarlett Mona

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!