“Decent Hotel with an Amazing Location!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Colony Hotel to your Saves list
Colony Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   736 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #133 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Decent Hotel with an Amazing Location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Absolutely loved the location of this place! Ubers were only $2-6 from everything you really need (unless you're flying in from FLL..thats like a $35 Uber ride). But the hotel room was very very small and the view is terrible! So if you can, get the Oceanview Suite, I never saw it inside but I'm sure it was way nicer than our room. Plus the bathrooms were ridiculously small! But aside from that just downstairs is a restaurant with amazing food everywhere!! I would recommend this place to anyone, any day!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this hotel is not suitable actually really as adequate accommodation nowadays, behind the shining facade the hotel has stopped in the age of the backpack tourists in Miami South Beach – i.e. in 80 he years.
small poorly soundproofed room, very old bath with regular beetle visit, everything incurred, if man/woman looks behind the Venetian blinds he/she knows at the latest why: garbage waste dump, mattress resting place, camp for kitchen next door, smoker / inside area for restaurant staff, … with quite much effort 'lateral sea view' (see also photo)
in addition: Wi-Fi only in the lobby, everything at very inflated prices, during check-in we felt rather disturbing as welcome, no permitted (out)load possibility.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Let me first say that I am a picky traveler who expects cleanliness, comfort, and service when I travel... with that said; here is my review. I just returned from my stay at the Colony Hotel south beach. I was there March 7-10. I was skeptical to book this hotel at first, because of all the sketchy reviews I read on here. I was very satisfied and pleased with the hotel:

Pros:
- Location! Its in the center of everything; with Wet Willies right on the same block!
-Room was just he right size for us! We had 1 queen bed and stayed in room 316. It was quiet and very clean.
-The entire staff (front desk, maids) were very pleasant

Cons:
-The water temp in the shower was difficult to adjust. It was either cold or very hot.. I had to play with it for awhile to get the right temperature.
-The elevator was a bit slow. If your in a rush just take the stairs.

I would recommend this hotel to my family and my friends for sure.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
La Spezia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've chosen this Hotel because it is a Legend in Miami Beach. My stay of 10 days was really good, the room was confortable (Double sized bed, fan, air conditioning, flat 46" TV or bigger, big minibar). I was in room 313, on the upper floor in the corner. The Hotel is located in the Hearth of Ocean Drive's nightlife and you have only to cross the street to reach the sea. I think this is a very good hotel if you want to enjoy the life of Miami Beach. The WiFi connection is fast but sometimes in the corner rooms the signal is bad (I was not able to connect for 3 days) but it is not a big trouble in a place like that :) when I'll come back to Miami and I'll need an Hotel to stay, I'll be sure to choose this again.

Best regards to the staff from a colleague ;)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here the night before our family cruise. The location is awesome, right across the street from South Beach and close to many shops and restaurants. We arrived about 5 P.M. and all 5 couples were in their room within minutes. The entrance is very strange, having to walk through the restaurant to get to the small reception desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful, a surprise since I had read several reviews where this was not the case.

Our room was clean, though quite small with two beds that appeared to be full-size. They were definitely not queens. For a quick one night stay this hotel was fine, Not sure I would want to stay much longer because of the small room and bathroom. Many people have mentioned the slow, cramped elevator. Our son and his wife took the elevator while my wife and I took the stairs, and we beat them to the second floor.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Place is loud, surrounded by bad places to eat, the elevator looks to be from the 60s. The room is fine but our floor had not been swept. Bathroom is tiny. Rooms were right on Ocean which means you can hear people screaming and partying all night. If you are over 24, pass.

Room Tip: If you must stay, get a high floor so you can't hear all the noise, which lasts to about 3am
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

i stayed at the Colony Hotel a few years ago and since then they have renovated it and spruced the hotel up. Nice green colors in the room. Yes the rooms are small but you don't go to South Beach Miami to stay in your room. It is located in the heart of the Art Deco district on Ocean Drive. The hotel offers a restaurant which was excellent but there are a multitude of restaurants lined up on Ocean Drive. Majority are outside dining. The valet service is excellent and the check in process was a breeze. There may be reviews complaining about the room sizes, but really, once you get to South Beach you will understand what I meant about not staying in your room!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!