I am very appalled at my recent stay at the Colony Hotel. I have visited Miami on a number of occasions and this by far is the worst hotel I've stayed in. Please read below the reasons why I advise you to avoid this hotel at all costs (if you want something reasonable and near to the beach I would recommend Fashion Haus on Washington Avenue)
1. There is an infestation of cockroaches- we found 6 in our first room and once we were moved to another room by the evening we found another 5. We were a group of 8 and had 3 rooms between us- all 3 rooms had cockroaches, coincidence? I think not.
2. Raphael a staff member working the late shift two nights in a row is the most vile, disrespectful person I have come across. We asked if he could help us move our stuff from the roach infested room to our new room- he told us he could not leave the front desk and we would need to deal with things ourselves- the irony is the following night when we found the second batch of roaches we went down to the front desk to inform Raphael but he was nowhere to be seen for over 45 minutes- we even answered the phone a couple times to inform others of this ridiculous hotel.
When he finally did show up there was no apology and he claimed he had been sleeping. Very professional!
3.There is one lamp that lights the whole room- I promise you I'm not lying read the other reviews! I've seen the response from the director from reviews in April, but nothing has been done- yet they have managed to paint the lift on two different occasions in the space of 5 days!
4. The showers are ridiculous, there is no hot water (please remember this is based on 3 rooms so this is not a one off)- there is one tiny cabinet mirror in the bathroom for the entire room.
5. There is a constant damp/roach repellent smell in the rooms, so this is definitely an ongoing issue.
6. The food is horrible- at one point I was tempted to show the guests exactly what is scuttling about in the kitchens and god knows where else! they have the cheek to harass you to sit and eat with them every time people walk along the strip or you enter or exit the building!!
5. There's no fan in the bathroom and the 2nd room we were moved too didn't even have a window!
The one positive point I would like to make is Harold one of the front desk employees. Very nice guy, good customer service and helped when her could (he was only available during the day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most photographed Art Deco hotels along famed South Beach, The Colony Hotel is a renovated 1939 hotel that offers an intoxicating ambiance and fun in the sun for guests who just want to get away to relax and enjoy all that Miami Beach has to offer. Guests are within walking distance to South Beach boutique shops, restaurants, nightclubs, salon/spas, other world-famous sites like the former Versace Mansion and much more. We cater to visitors looking to escape the structured corporate environment and the vacationer who wants to come to relax and enjoy sun-filled days and fun filled nights. Everything that people enjoy about South Beach is literally at the doorstep of the Colony Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Colony Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Hotel Miami Beach
- Colony Miami Beach