“Hair in my Bed from the last Guest..!!” 1 of 5 stars

Colony Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   736 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #114 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Hair in my Bed from the last Guest..!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed from the 3rd November to 5th 2012 On arrival i was shocked by the dated interior. Seeing my room for some reason i had too check the bed because something wasn't right. To my disgust i found hair (Pubic) and body hair in the bed.
The last time i came across this was in a hotel in tripoli, Libya some 20 years ago.
This hotel is disgusting and you can hear doors banging at night from other guests. The staff showed concern but were very evasive when I asked who owned the hotel. I dind't even see the manager after my incident, i presume he was adamant on avoiding me.

I cant say i saw anyone eating at the hotel either. It would seem the hotel has one thing going for it and thats its location. Be warned stay away from here.
Truly a nightmare, lucky i was only booked in for 2 nights.

Room Tip: if you really have to stay here, then get a room at the back
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
zero11382, Director of Sales at Colony Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest, I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the property, I'm perplexed about your comment regarding the "dated" interior since most of the decor and furniture in the hotel is less than a few years old - also, I understand you are upset at finding a hair on your bed, and for that we apologize, but it is more likely that the hair could have been from the housekeeper who tended the room than a previous guest since linens are changed out daily. If you would like to speak to management please feel free to call me at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001, I assure you no one is avoiding speaking to you, I would be more than happy to address your concerns.

663 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The first thing we noticed as we arrive, was the horrible smell in the room...

The beds are small for two people, so if you are coming as a couple you might have to sleep in different beds, also the matress are uncomfortable and old...if you have back issues you're gonna suffer!!

The curtains didn't work properly so when the sun comes out your sleep is over...

One day we return from our day tour and the room wasn't made at all!! It was exactly as we leave it in the morning...
I try to speak to the manager for two days,when I could, it turns out that it was really rude and disrespectful...and didn't even say sorry about the inconvenience...

SO, IF YOU WANT TO BE AT OCEAN DRIVE FIND ANOTHER OPTION!! THEY ARE PLENTY OF THEM!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Diego, let me first apologize about your experience at the property, and I encourage you to contact me at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 to speak to you in person and gather the details of your stay, I would like the opportunity to win your business/trust back, I would to mention that our bed setups at the hotel consist of a Queen or King bed in a single bed room, and two Full size beds in our double bed rooms, that is the same setup you have in the majority of hotels
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Looks like this hotel is in the process of being freshened up. A very very clean hotel with decent facilities, the staff are mostly friendly and helpful, especially the house-keeping staff. It's in the middle of the famous South Beach 'Deco Walk' and you can not fault this hotel for it's location being across the road from the beach. Plenty of decent, if somewhat expensive, restaurants right on the door step along with plenty of nightlife and touristy shopping. The bathrooms are a little small but this is how it is with most hotels built in the 20's era and the air-con is very noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor middle to back of hotel to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Colony Hotel for a bachlorette party. I absolutely loved it!!! The location is perfect. The night scene is amazing. The food was good. The drinks were better. The sunrises are picturesque and the staff was so helpful and fun. Especially the front desk manager Harold. He made our stay awesome. He always had fun and great recommendations for us for restaurants, bars and clubs. 10/10 each time. #SouthBeach #ColonyHotel #askforHarold
Me and the bridesmaids would so do it again. Maybe a #weekend getaway for the girls :)

Cheers!

Room Tip: Get a beachfront room. The sunrises are amazing and you can watch the day and night life.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
zero11382, Director of Sales at Colony Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Lorena thank you for the awesome review! We are very happy to hear you and your party enjoyed your stay at our property! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The loation is wonderful. Direct access to South Beach events, great food, dancing, and drinks!!!!!
The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly with servce requests and providing valuable information about nearby attractions. Thanks Raphael and Harold!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you for great review, once again the staff at the hotel seems to make a big difference for the experience that is received, we will pass on our commendations to them!
Llanberis, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Basic hotel, but o.k. for what we needed, which was somewhere to sleep really, as we weren't in the room that much. Too much to see and do. Brilliant location, right in the middle of Ocean Drive, just step out of the front door to experience the nightlife, and close to the cafes and beach. On the minus side, the shower area wasn't very clean, a bit dark in the room and very noisy slamming of doors in the corridor. (You had to slam the bedroom door for it to close properly)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest thank you for your review, we apologize if the slamming of doors by other occupants was too much to bear, we hope that it will not reflect too negatively in your eyes on the property itself and look forward to providing you with lodging should you ever be back in Miami Beach!
SIDCUP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The 1st room we were given had no a/c working and no door on safe as if it had been broken into as i wanted a safe to put money and passports etc we asked to move we were given the room next door which looked better but on entering we found this to be the same, safe had a door but could not be locked a/c only blew warm air no man to fix it, no other rooms available, so we had to put up with it, Day two we returned to our room to find fire alarm going off when told all they done was pulled the alarm off the ceiling and left us to sweat away..Glad to move on,,, also beware of valet charges which are 24 dollars per night BIG CON but they all do it,,,
probably better suited to backpackers as it reminded me of a Y,M.C.A.

Room Tip: Sadly they all look the same, try elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I'm sorry to read about your experience at the property, I would urge you to reach out to me via email (sales@thekenthotel.com) or via phone 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 to speak in detail about your stay. I cannot fathom why a safe would not have a "door" to it much less why it wouldn't be able to close, or why a functioning A/C would be left in a room..please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!