“Harold Antonio Rondan-mena” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #130 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Newark, Delaware
“Harold Antonio Rondan-mena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The colony was a great place & I absolutely loved the services! Harold who worked at the front desk was of great service and a pleasure to be around. I had so much fun staying there and chatting with him, he truly completes the hotel as far as personality, professionalism, & services!!! I hope to see him in future trips!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My friends and I stayed at colony hotel and as soon as we got there we met Harold who works at the front desk. He was so pleasant and helpful and from the beginning he made our vacation more fun!...There was a problem with our room and he took care of it very quickly, he was always there to help. The hotel itself was whatever; you should know what to expect from any miami beach hotel (small rooms, small bathrooms, etc etc) it is what it is. All you do is sleep there so for the price it is pretty good. But honestly, if anyone has any problems or issues just ask Harold, he will take care of it right away. He is an asset to Colony hotel!

Room Tip: ask for harold
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights 2nd-5th May. Was pleasantly suprised when we got to our room as I had read some very mixed reviews! The room wasnt huge but had 2x double beds and a small shower room. The only criticism about the rooms were that the beds were really creaky and the shower took about 15 minutes to heat up! Also the window did leak when it rained but I guess on an old building and a normally dry city it explains it! The reception staff always seemed very polite and helpful and gave us beach towels to use. We didn't try the food at the hotel but from the menu seemed to be reasonably priced. Overall for the money you pay (we paid about £50 a night) it is a good hotel in a great location! I believe you have to pay for parking but we got a taxi from the airport so this didn't affect us!

• Stayed May 2011
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I was in the room 104 the room have a good comfort,the housekeeping are professionals they do their work with a lot of love.The only thing that i didn't like was the way the treat the front desk (Fernando). He doesn't have the condition for this position.He is always mad and treat guest bad.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed there Dec 2009, great bar staff!!! Spent many nights on the outdoor bar by the Oceandrive enjoying fabulous drinks and service, thanks to Carlos! Cool staff also inside bar! Great location to explore SoBe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

As we were travelling to Miami with children and only staying 2 nights, we wanted to be in a good location but obviously wanted a good price and for it to be relatively child friendly. This isnt as easy as it sounds !! Anyway the reviews of most hotels on South Beach were hit and miss so it was with trepidation that we booked the Colony. We arrived quite late on Thursday 14th April and from start to finish had a great experience at the hotel.! I would highly recommend this hotel if you want somewhere thats good value, with a great location. There is no pool or spa but quite frankly if you want these things I dont understand why you want to stay on Ocean Drive. The hotel is directly across from the street and slap bang in the centre of restaurants and bars etc. We didnt bother the hotel for much, but anything we did ask for was dealt with in a friendly and efficient way. Beach towels are provided for the beach, they helped with car hire enquiries and staff chatted to us out on the street when we bumped into them. I dont know how anyone can say the staff are not friendly ! but then I guess everyone is looking for something different. The lift is small and quirky but this is what I expected and to a 5 and 6 yr old it was the best thing ever, sleeping is always odd in hotels and there was a little noise but this is mandatory with south beach! The hotel is iconic and it appears in every picture of south beach, I am very happy I stayed there and I would definitely stay in this hotel again if we ever travel back that way .

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Sky Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I checked in April 2 and extended my original 1 week trip, for an extra three days.. I enjoyed the scenery and the customer service was unreal. I gentleman by the name of Harold provided excellent and exceptionable service. If you have any problems, be sure to ask for him. I will plan on staying here again the next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!