“AWESOME hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Clevelander Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Book now for $25 bar tab!
Ranked #48 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
“AWESOME hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here this past Friday to Monday and I can def. say I will be back to visit again soon. When we first got there, Albert (If I'm not mistaken) came right to our aid to help with our bags and gave us our welcome frozen drink. Then Marco at the front desk was THE BEST. He made us feel so welcomed and he was so full of spirit. When I say this hotel stayed jumping, i tell you no lie. I had a pool view room and the bar downstairs was always crazy packed. I seen many reviews about the loud music but to be honest the music wasn't as loud as I thought it was. I was able to sleep peacefully. Another con would be how small the room was. It was nice and clean but small. Also the elevator was the worst. At times I would think i was going to get stuck.The staff at the bar was great! The location was good too! Right across the street from the beach. My overall experience at the Clevelander was great and I will return soon to stay again. Thanks again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Valet dented my car and are overly aggressive employees for no apparent reason. Will never be coming back here. Hotel was very trashy and everything was overly priced. Maybe worth visiting 30 years ago. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Abington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a great time at the Clevelander! Everyone was super nice and we always felt welcomed! Three people that went above and beyond were Domingo, Jermain and Eric. Very knowledgable of the city and where to eat! They made sure we had everything we needed from towels to a table!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Can not say any wrong about this hotel! My gf and I stayed here to celebrate our Birthdays and boy were we treated extra special! First of all....this is the first place we've stayed at where we were greeted with pina coladas! Not only that...we were upgraded to an ocean view and poolside room! Anything we needed, we were accomodated and personally shown a great time by the staff! Thanks to Christian the Manager, Marko at the front desk, Eric the bellhop, Domingo the concierge (he knows just the places to go) & our gorgeous bartender Maribel...we were able to kick off every night the way it should be done in Miami, even when it's OFF SEASON! Thank you Clevelander for treating us right!

• Stayed July 2014
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I came here to stay 1 week prior to Ultra Music Festival 2013 and it was really fun. When we first arrive, they offer us complimentary pina colada yummm!

They have a small elevator but we just took the stairs. The hotel room is small but was big enough for a couple. We got a room with 2 double/queen beds with the pool view so we could see all the shenanigans at the pool party. The room was clean with large mirrors. They also have a really cute patio/ terrace on the rooftop where people can go to smoke or just observe all the activities at the pool. The food here...not impressive. I recommend you venture out to the really popular Cuban restaurant called Puerto Sagua. Delicious food there.

The employees here are young and nice enough but don't expect top notch services or anything.

It is a party hotel so expect loud noises. I didn't mind the loud music at all but i'm not very fond of the types of music that were played here. Super old school hip hop/rap that was back in the 90s or something ("-__-) . I'm not sure if they always play hip hop only because i moved to the Marriott in Downtown for UMF15 during the weekend.

I do recommend this hotel for young peeps who are down to party to old hip hop music (unless they change their music during the weekends)

Ps: march 2013

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Not your grand parents hotel... Well unless they like to party until 5am which in our case we did and loved it!! Constant flow of music and booze, good service and awesome rooms, we were upgraded (might have seen my trip advisor luggage tags!!) but the room was sick so was the view of ocean drive, honestly if your looking to have a good time and don't mind loud music at late hours then this is it period.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Kisco, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

When we first got there we were waiting a little while in the lobby to check in because there was a big group of people standing around the front desk. When one of the guys that works there Eric brought us a nice drink while we were waiting and he ended up being super nice and helpful, even remembered our names, which i was very impressed with, definitely helped make this stay unique. Then we were upgraded to a bigger room with a balcony for waiting patiently in the lobby. I would definitely recommend this hotel the staff was super friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: this is not hotel for you if you can't sleep through a little music plaint by the pool at the p...