“Best location in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
“Best location in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and cozy and in the best location of Miami in south beach. We had a great time close to everything. There are many restaurants around, good clubbing and good music at night in the hotel club. Rooms were great, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I wouldn't even put my ex mother in law in this hotel. Its just an overpriced hostel room. I would have preferred the noise from the hack Disney DJ's down/upstairs than the constant buzzing of the lift motor. Wifi is a joke. Late check-in and arranged late checkout were not honoured. Overall, if it wasn't for wally giving me a warm welcome I simply would have paid to stay somewhere else, and so should you.

Room Tip: anywhere else, not here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just visited Miami this weekend pass with some friends and I enjoyed my stay at the Clevelander. It is directly on the strip (Ocean Dr.). The location of the hotel is perfect. Right across the street from the beach, a few blocks from Wet Willie's, and their are plenty of places to eat and drink. Clevelander had happy hour going on pretty much all day. Every staff worker that I encountered at the Clevelander Hotel was pleasant, nice and was willing to accommodate us with anything we asked. You receive a free drink when checking in at the hotel. They have a lounge, sports bar, and a roof deck where you can get a good look of the beach and your surroundings. On the 4th floor is also a balcony where we hung out. You can go there to get a tan if you like or just hang out and chill. Once the sun goes down, is when the parties get going. They have parties on the roof deck and down on the street. The only downfall to the parties, is anyone can come to the party. So during these times, waiting on the elevator will take so long since its only 1 elevator in the lobby. There were lines waiting to get on the elevator. Smh. There is another elevator that you can access in the sports bar, that we used a few times to get to our rooms. The rooms were clean, and maintenance always had our room cleaned when we came back to our room. The hotel gives you towels for the beach and the pools. You also have access to The Essex Hotel's pool which sits behind the Clevelander. Their pool is more secluded and less noisy since the Clevelander's pool sits right in the middle of the dance floor. Like I said party hotel. I enjoyed my time here and I will be looking to come back soon. Have my drink ready.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my first time in Miami, and South Beach is THE place to stay. The Clevelander has a great location as a base to explore the area. Yes, it is a loud party place, but that adds to the vibe. The staff are great, really helpful. The residents-only terrace is cool and you feel like a VIP. Residents also now get VIP access to the elevator, unlike previous reviews, so no problem there. By chance I had a room that looked out the back - no sea view, but away from the crazy party noise. And there is a great art gallery (Effusion) 2 blocks down with local artists to balance the hedonism. As a single traveller I felt safe and well looked after.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just had the worst experience of my life at this hotel . Came from CO for the Miami experience on a girls trip. When we checked in room was tiny, no safe, and no second lock on inside of door, furniture was beat up and gross. We were concerned but went ahead and went out for the night. On the way back I hurt my ankle. My friend went down to get ice but staff was too concerned with the line for the club. Then a girl was mad because my friend was "cutting" the club line to get back to our room. The security just laughed when my friend did not want the girl in the same elevator so she went up the stairs. When she arrived at our floor the same girl was waiting outside our room and hit my friend in the back of the head! We never saw this girl before and all we could gather is security told her our room number because the club is on the roof, not our floor. Just the fact that the hotel lets non guests go wherever they please is a huge issue in itself. After this occurred we called the police. They said they have many issues with this hotel and helped us get another hotel. I called the Manager in the morning and was hung up on many times. He finally said that he would have to check with his staff before he would give a refund. He never called back. Please, please, stay at another hotel and save yourself the trouble!!! The Marriot in downtown is beautiful, just take a cab to South Beach if you want to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went here with a boyfriend and we had a blast! It is in the center of the party scene. The Times Square of Miami beach! The hotel was very stylish and fun and everything is walking distance. Just be advised they do have a pool but it is not one that ppl actually swim in!!!! It is for show. This is a party party party hotel. Not so much for relaxing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had a rockstar suite which was roomy and had great views with glass ceiling to floor windows. Chad was great taking care of us and making sure we had a great weekend. We ate elsewhere. We had dinner reservations at a couple nice restaurants so we did not eat here. But we did have drinks by the pool and our server, Barbie was so friendly and we would go directly to her every time. This hotel is located in the heart of Ocean Drive. Sure music plays and there is always a party but its festive and we found it great.

Room Tip: Go for the rock star suite!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple