“Awesome party!” 4 of 5 stars

Clevelander Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Book now for $25 bar tab!
Ranked #48 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome party!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel was a great place to celebrate my sister's birthday. It seemed like a constant party. The staff was so nice and always accommodating. It was right across from the beach which was great! It was definitely loud at night with the DJ by the pool but so much fun. The room smelled a little smoky and you could hear people in the hallway but your just in the room to sleep anyway. Overall we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend to friends wanting to dance, drink, and party.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, request something opposite the pool where the DJ party goes on. Also, ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Myself and 12 friends took our annual 4th of July girls only trip to SoBe and decided to stay at the Clevelander this year. It was the best choice we have made in our 5yr stay. We love the atmosphere there. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They are always there to help you when you needed it. The parties were great. It felt good being able to party at our own hotel and not really having to pay the prices at the other clubs on the strip. I love the exclusive atmosphere with not having to wait to enter the clubs on the property and only being able to access the elevators with your room key. When they say sleeping is allowed from 7am-11am they are not paying. My friends had a room by the pool and said they provided ear plugs and trust me they needed them. The welcoming drinks were awesome!. Austin checked us in and out and took excellent care of us throughout our stay. The location is perfect in the center of the strip and close to Wet Willy's and Fat Tuesday's. Just a walk across the street to the beach or sit out on the front porch and people watch.
The ONLY downfall for this hotel is the rooms are extremely small. We had 3 ladies in a room and would have been more comfy with 2. It was so small that when I opened the door at night I would stubb my toe on the corner of my bed nightly. LOL. There is no space for storage or shelves for makeup or anything like that. It's strictly for sleeping. The rooms are very clean and have a modern sleek feel.
If I had it to do again I would truly stay here again!

Room Tip: make sure you get a room away from the pool if you are a lite sleeper.
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is more than a party bar hotel, it is a high energy, well executed SOBE entertainment extravaganza. We stayed twice totaling nine days over the past three months. Originally planned as our son’s 21st b-day following college finals. A last minute change had my wife and I visiting first then I returned with our son a few months later. This review combines both visits.

Describing it as a party bar is an understatement. The Clevelander is a choreographed entertainment experience staffed by well qualified and friendly people that understand and deliver outstanding customer service. Our stays included visits to every venue, pool and patio, deck, roof and sports bar at the property as well as, Zen Sai, a restaurant at the adjoining sister hotel. We also watched a Miami Marlins baseball game from the Clevelander bar inside Marlins Stadium. Typical days began across the street at the beach. Mid-day, still in beach attire, back to the hotel pool/patio area for late lunch and happy hour drinks. The pool/patio area is party central on the corner of Ocean Drive and 10th across from the main Lummis Park ocean beach entrance. The music and beat provide a vibe for the whole area. Expect the street and sidewalks to be a parade of cars and pedestrian people watchers focused on the Clevelander crowd. During our second visit internationally acclaimed guest DJ Calvin Harris packed the pool and patio with bikini clad revelers that nearly shut down the street with gridlock. At times like this being a hotel guest has its benefits with express entrance. This benefit is even more apparent late night when the party moves to the roof top and hotel guests go to the front of the elevator line.

Many served us so well and it may seem unfair to name just a few, but here goes a few memorable experiences and staff members including one we thought just exemplified outstanding service. First, standing in the lobby during a rain down pour and commenting to my wife I didn’t want to get wet walking to the sports bar, Wally, taps me on the shoulder and says follow me, short cut through the back, in no time we’re at the sports bar, still dry. A few snacks and half dozen drinks later Wally sees us in the lobby and asks how we liked it (bar). Next was Brian at Marlins Stadium Clevelander. He welcomed people like it was a private party and the food and beverage service was so fast it felt like he had a cooler behind our seats. Next, a cigar girl, realizing her inventory didn’t include a cigar I wanted, having bought it twice prior, ask if I didn’t mind waiting a few minutes, left and returned with the elusive cigar I could only describe by its size and band. Lastly, and our favorite, was a blonde bartender named Barbie. During our stays I think we ended up at her bar/station four or five times. Although we had been patrons of many of the bartenders, all of whom were very professional and with many qualities, it was Barbie that we were most impressed. From the moment you sat down or stepped up to the bar she was friendly and very personable. Always offering a menu to review, she made it easy to know what was available and answer any questions about the specialty drinks or food offerings. If we did get food, the set-up (cutlery, napkins, condiment) was always complete. You never had to ask for anything, it was either there or she had already ask. She seemed to be one of the hardest working people we met, consistent, totally in control of what she was doing and always attentive. In our experience there were no mistakes and she provided outstanding service.

Just an observation, the Clevelander is about a high energy party environment and although the main stream crowds are 20 and 30 some things, if you’ve got the game and energy for a party, it’s not uncommon or uncomfortable to be older as were many couples and small groups we saw.

If you are into the South Beach experience, the Clevelander is it. The place is loud so if you want peace and quiet, go to Maine. The rooms are modern minimalist and very clean, they have no writing desks and the bathroom doors are smoked glass, not as revealing as airport scanners, but close. So if you are on a business trip, although they have WiFi, it would be best to do your work at Starbucks. If the bathroom doors are too intimate for you and your roommates, bring more intimate roommates. The customer at the Clevelander is part of a choreographed entertainment experience, so go with the flow and you will have a blast.

Room Tip: If you are into the South Beach experience, the Clevelander is it. The place is loud so if you want...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I registered on tripadvisor just to write this review about this hotel, but more importantly one employee of the hotel who was great to us from the moment we called the hotel after landing in Miami till the point we checked out (and then even after), her name is Juliana, and if I could give an extra star for this rating, it would be solely because of her.

Hotel: As soon as we landed, we called up the hotel and the wonderful Juliana picked up and told us our room was prepped and ready to go, this was around 12pm (which we were surprised, since we thought we'd have to wait till 3 to check in). As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by multiple staff members and Juliana was right there at reception to help us out. The rooms are decent sized and cozy. You’ll hear music blasting from the moment you wake up till even after you go to bed, so if you’re looking for a nice quiet place to relax, this isn’t for you. (their sister hotel Essex, might be a better fit, located just around the corner). If you’re looking to party, this is the spot. We checked in on thursday and to our surprise there was a Calvin Harris party the next day which was pretty awesome.

Location: Right on ocean drive, so the beach is across the street. And dead center of the busiest area on Ocean drive. We took a walk a few times up and down the strip, and within 5 blocks either way, you can tell that the party feel and crowd starts to die out.

Staff: Everyone is extremely friendly and accommodating. I don’t think I ran across one staff member from this hotel that seemed like they didn’t want to provide great genuine customer service. I’m a pretty easy going guy and I don’t ask for much, but my girl is the exact opposite. And I can tell you that before we left, she was extremely satisfied with the level of customer care this place provided. Now, as I said above, although everyone from Clevelanders staff was great, I have to shout out Juliana because I’ve seen her deal with my girlfriend (who can be hard to deal with at times), as well as I’ve observed her as she’s helped other customers while I waited in the lobby. Not once did she lose her cool with anyone and you could tell that she really wanted to make sure all guests had a good time under her watch. She helped us in many ways while we were there, and listing all of it would probably make this review too long. Point is, we appreciated all her help, the fact that she went above and beyond to provide excellent service, and was more like a friend during our stay than a hotel employee.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Clevelander to anyone staying in Miami. I had an awesome time and a good part of it was because of the hotel we stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Awesomeness across the board! Awesome location, awesome views and awesome service. Right in the middle of all the excitement and definitely the spot where you wanted to be for great night life. Also if you didn't want to go out and eat the room service was great and the prices weren't as bad as you would think

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My fiancé and I partied here for the 4th of July. We were told that South Beach is the place to be as we were staying in Miami beach which is about a 10 min cab ride over. We decide to stop by just for drink and food and then figure out what the plan was but we ended up staying here the whole time due to the fun atmosphere.

We ate in the sport zone area even though it was super busy our waitress was the only one there. She took care of us so well! always checked up on us no rushing us or anything. We ordered appetizers and drinks! We also ended up staying for this roof top party they had for the fire works! totally work it, we were able to see the firework show so well. the only down fall was that since we weren't hotel guess we weren't able to to go up using the stairs and had to wait for the ONE elevator that only allowed us about 8 ppl per ride us per hotel employee.

We weren't able to stay long due to the rain storm literally seconds after the grand finally. Glad we stop by again for a fun great time!

YOU MUST STOP BY OR EVEN STARY HERE SO MUCH FUN!!

Room Tip: i stayed here my first visit to mia and the rooms are small and the bathrooms beds are comfy as heck...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having been a frequent visitor to South Beach, I was a bit relucant on saying at The Clevelander. This has always been a spot that we stopped in for a party and drinks, but never really considered staying, but the opportunity arose so we decided to do it. And I'm glad we did. After being greeted with complimentary pina coladas we quickly made it to our room. Now if there is a downside, the standard rooms are pretty small. The beds are comfortable, but low to the floor. The bathroom was small but functional. The shower was great though. I also did realize that there were multiple clubs within the hotel. Maybe it was the time of week we were there, but none were very busy, except for the Poolside pool and party. After being told that it stayed opened until 5am, I was sure there would be do sleep (is that a good or bad thing) with the sound of the DJ going all nite. But once back in the room, we couldn't hear a thing from the pool.

The staff at the bar/restaurant where beautiful and extremely helpful. Terri was best, she even took time out to hit the stage and perform when she wasn't bringing drinks to our table. The food was better than expected as well.

The valet service was always prompt and the front desk were awesome as well. I usually pick a place on Ocean that is few blocks away just so I can get in and then get out, but after this stay I would DEFINITELY stay at the Clevelander again.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good especially if you need a double, but the Rockstar rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Clevelander Hotel? Share your experiences!