“Great time @ C-Level” 4 of 5 stars

Winnipeg
“Great time @ C-Level”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hi!

Went to the Clevelander last week during a Girls Weekend. We wanted to head to C-Level the roof-top bar. We had an absolute blast!

Plusses:

- no line-up
- no cover charge
- open air roof-top. this was great because one of my girlfriends has smoke allergies, so the roof-top was great.
- amazing DJ

minuses:

- expensive drinks (to be expected anywhere in Miami)
- no place to sit unless you are paying for bottle service - again, seems standard
- was VERY windy the night we were there.
- coed bathrooms........weird.

We had a really great time and would definitely go back :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Got to Bongos at midnite on a Sat, huge line so went to Clevelander. $10 cover, drinks ridiculously expensive, music had no rhyme or reason, hit & miss, girl host jumping but couldn't make out a word. No fights, respectful happy patrons but almost no Latin music, too cold to be outside still.

• Stayed April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has a great location, across from the beach and minutes from Collins Ave and Washington St, I will say that. But that's about the only thing it has to offer. You're better off paying a few more dollars to stay elsewhere. Rooms are newly renovated and up-to-date, but are relatively small. I was told I would be called when I could check-in seeing as I arrived a few hours prior to check-in time, but never received a call. Although this is not my biggest complaint. The desk staff other than that was nice and accommodating. The worst part was the hotel "security"/ bouncers. They make you feel like a criminal when walking into your own hotel!!! I was told I needed to be "escorted" to my room one night when in fact I was going upstairs to my room and failed to provide proper id. Escorted? I payed to stay there!!!! if you're lacking security at your bar doors that is not my problem, I should not have been made to feel like a child in trouble while PAYING to stay there and doing nothing wrong!! if i was staying at any other hotel this would not have happened. I have never once in my life been made to feel this way in any bar/security situation and was so disgusted I just wanted to pay my room tab and not pay towards any other amenities this hotel has to offer including restaurants. Poor poor customer service in that regard. It's unfortunate because what could have been a really good stay with continued patronage to this hotel, turned into not only a bad review but for my next trip to look else where to stay. It's too bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Brad was great! What can i say; He got us to where we wanted to go and was fun to interact with.
He even setup a DVD player for us in the room.
He jumped to help us in all circumstances. He gave us his personal cell and was reachable at any hour; cateing to our every need.
He truly was a "rock star"!
I would recommend his ervices as he made our stay memorable.
The guys loved him.

Thanks Brad -
Ted

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First of all they fail to mention that they host ALL day parties that are open to the public from 11am to 5am EVERYDAY!!!!! Our room was conveniently located right above the pool area right above the DJ. They provided you with ear plugs (sometimes), but they were useless. Then the hotel has a great roof deck bar that has great views and a lovely bartender named Alisha, but at night it's opened to the public, so don't expect to get to your room via elevator because you will wait forever, so just head for the stairs. Next, after a long day at the beach we were getting showers when we realized room cleaning didn't give us any towels. Had to run down stairs (literally) because the elevator was being used by non-hotel patrons, to the front desk and ask for more. If you try to call the front desk it connects you to the Essex which is right next to the Clevelander which is (their sister hotel) so stupid because they were no help what so ever. They said they couldn't help me but they would transfer me, instead he hung up on me (maybe by accident). I called back three times and he hung up on me every time but blatantly on purpose while giving me a very rude attitude. At this point I have had it because I can't get the elevator, towels, ear plugs, or the front desk. Lastly, I had a late dinner at the hotel and got food poisoning!!! I had to be up at 4am for my flight and was so, so,so sick. Try flying 3 hrs with food poisoning.... it's NOT fun. It's in a good location but I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ClevelanderMgmt, Manager at Clevelander Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Alicia,

Thank you for your review--we are indeed in the center of it all on South Beach, which means that we don't always have a quiet environment, but we always strive to ensure service is excellent. We're sorry for the inconvenience with your towels, the elevator and the phone system--we are in the process of installing an entirely new phone system and have experienced some issues with the installation. Can you please private message us some more information about the items you ordered and the time and day of your order so we can address the issues with your food? We want to be sure to make this right.

All best,

Anna Whitlow
Clevelander Manager
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent four nights at the Clevelander with a few friends and the rooms were so insanely small we hardly had any room to walk around our luggage. We arrived early for check in and the front desk told us the only room available was facing the pool and didn't want to give us that room because is gets fairly loud during the pool parties. We told her we didn't mind but she insisted and kept telling us to come back every half hour to check if our room was ready. Because we kept coming back to check she began to get annoyed and eventually just ignored us. During our 7 hours of waiting we saw a number of other people being check into their rooms and it was a bit frustrating. Once we were able to check into our room we found they had assigned us a room facing the pool (the same room they had said was available when we had arrived but insisted on assigning us a different room). When we got to our room the door keys were not activated and we had to go back downstairs for a new key (this happened twice). They then assigned us a different room not facing the pool. Domingo, Brad and Wally were all very helpful throughout our stay making sure the rest of our vacation was perfect. We will be back to visit them.

Room Tip: I am giving excellent service for Brad, Wally, and Domingo. We did not use the spa or have breakfas...