“Great night!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went to the Clevelander on a Monday night for their famous Piña colada's which was delicious and much to my surprise DJ David Guetta was the guest DJ for the night lets just say that I did not stop dancing. I had a great night. Miami is always full of surprises. I had a great time.

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. It is wild and crazy, but a great place as well. The manager for the Essex and The Clevelander was awesome and very accommodating, as was the whole staff. Drinks are expensive and food is okay, but the location is the best!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Clevelander is all about the location! We splurged on the rock star suite and loved it! The room was spacious and clean with a view of the pool. If you need peace and quiet this place is not for you but we liked that we didn't have to go far to hang out or party.
We would stay here again.

helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A nice hotel at a great location! If you want something peaceful and quiet then this might not be for you but then again you probably shouldn't pick a hotel at Ocean Drive..
I stayed there for a week with a friend and it was perfekt for us. We had a room on the other side of the hotel so it was pretty quiet, we had no problem sleeping. If you have a room facing the pool it might be pretty noisy because of the poolbar and partys there at night.
The people working there was nice, som were better at customer sevice than others but overall everything worked fine.
Our room was pretty small but clean and worked fine for us.
Minus however goes to the almost see through bathroom door..

• Stayed November 2012
ClevelanderMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clevelander Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for reviewing The Clevelander South Beach! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms and customer service. The Clevelander is at the center of it all on South Beach, and not always ideal for a full night’s sleep. Fortunately, our sister hotel Essex House, has a much more peaceful atmosphere.

We hope that we’ll be able to make your next trip to Miami a comfortable stay whether at The Clevelander or Essex House.

Safe travels!

Kelsey Jones
Clevelander & Essex House Hotels
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If South Beach were a person, the Clevelander would be their heart. I’ve been to South Beach 5 times now and each time, I’ve stayed at different hotels. On the whole, the Clevelander was great and I would recommend it. It’s a good value for the money.

I am a pro fashion and glamour photographer, and I was at the Clevelander with my wife and also a model (who had a separate room). Our mission was sunrise shooting on South Beach, so we needed to get up early. This fact is relevant to my assessment of the hotel.

We rented two Rock Star suites. One of the rooms is the room that has a balcony facing Ocean Drive. We stayed for two nights.

What I liked:
1) The Staff. The staff members are great. In fact, it was the Clevelander’s excellent restaurant staff that convinced me to stay there as a guest in their hotel. On a previous trip, I ate at the Clevelander’s restaurant and their service was by far the best I’d ever had in South Beach. Note, for those of you who have never been to South Beach: the service in South Beach is horrible on average. The Clevelander is a shining example of how service ought to be done in South Beach.
2) Clean and comfortable: The hotel was very, very clean. More importantly, our room was spotless and fresh. The bathrooms were large, which is rare in South Beach. The bed was very comfortable, which was nice.
3) Size of room: The room was very big, especially for South Beach standards.
4) Safe: The hotel seemed very safe. In the evenings, and perhaps before, the hotel has staff members at the front of the hotel and they check IDs of everyone who enters.

What I didn’t like:
The rooms overlooking the pool are super loud. Our suite was literally right over the DJ booth. I probably slept 2-3 hours at night and that was it. By checkout day, I was exhausted. The hotel provides earplugs, but they didn’t work well for me. However, my wife and also our model friend told me that the earplugs worked very well for them. To be fair, I am pretty sure that rooms that do not face the pool would be fairly quiet. If I decide to stay there again, I will definitely not stay in a room overlooking the pool.

Bottom line: Would I stay there again? Maybe. I like staying at different places in South Beach so I can check out new places. If I could get a very quiet room at the Clevelander, I would almost certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a quiet room! Call the staff before you book and make sure you get a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Blake,

Thank you for the your review of The Clevelander South Beach! We like to say that we are at the center of it all, but we are quite flattered by your comparison of The Clevelander to the heart of South Beach.

Great customer service is a top priority for us, and we are very happy to hear that you believe we set the standard on South Beach for exceptional housekeeping, front desk associates, servers, and bartenders.

The Clevelander hosts a party that never stops, but we would be more than happy to help you book one of our quieter rooms during your next visit. Also, our sister property Essex House is very peaceful and features the same great service as The Clevelander. I encourage you to book directly through our reservations department at 1.877.532.4006 Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm EST. Our in-house reservation agents will be able to point you to the room that best suits your needs.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit to Miami!

Best wishes,

Kelsey Jones
Clevelander & Essex House Hotels
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Best hotel on Ocean Drive!!!! Domingo and Scott are the BEST. We arrived early due to hurricane Sandy from VA for the HEAT game.Scott was really helpful with letting us check in early. Domingo gave the best service, anything we needed he was there from check-in to check-out. Clean rooms, great bar,great staff,great location! You have a customer for life!!!!!! Only wish we had more time.

Campbell (VA)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The Clevelander is the best place to stay if you're planning to party in south beach! the hotel has a great outdoor/lounge, food and drinks are awesome. Its right across the street from beach with bike rentals. Its on the major lounge and restaurant strip.

Btw our group age range was 25yrs-54yrs and we all loved it!!
The staff are friendly, accomadating and professional! Domingo is our favorite =).

You will not regret your stay...if you are looking for a relaxing scene I recommend hotel Essex on Collins but south beach Miami is not really for relaxing lol

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Clevelander Hotel? Share your experiences!