“Quick vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Apollo Beach, Florida
“Quick vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My daughter and her friend wanted to go to south beach. I booked a room for them at the Catalina. They arrived and the gentleman at the wallet was extremely helpful. Showed my daughter where to go for a nice evening and arranged uber rides for them. Also I feel he made them feel comfortable and secure when dad was a mess. They thought the Catalina was very nice and would definitely return. If I ever head down there I surely will stay here.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

It started the night before when I was trying to see if I could cancel my reservation. I called and told the guy who answered if I could cancel my hotel reservation. He told me he didn't know and that he would transfer me to the reservation department..when they picked up they said they were the restaurant section and they could not take care of me and that I had to call the hotel section. I tried calling the hotel again and they picked up and hung up on me. I tried calling AGAIN and the phone just kept ringing and ringing so I hung up. 4th time I called and after it rang several times they finally picked up! All I wanted to know is if it was to late to cancel my reservation for my room not restaurant reservation my ROOM reservation and when I told him...again...he said he didn't know and he would get the manager. All this just to be told no it was to late and if I did cancel there would be a penalty fee.
They offer valet parking for $35 dollars but there's a parking lot literally like a block down the street which might be more convenient considering they take forever to take your car and bring it back to you. They only have 4 parking spots in the front. It took us about 15 minutes to get parked and when we were trying to go out later the car took so long to arrive that we said forget it it and just took a taxi.
The guy at the desk had a accent and a tounge piercing which made it really hard to understand him. I reserved a rockstar king room because of the free bottle it came with and was given a regular king room with no bottle because they didn't have any king size rockstar rooms available. When I went to the front to ask about the bottle the guy said he asked me if I wanted a rockstar room or a regular king room. After telling him I wanted the rockstar room he argued with me that he didn't have that room available with a king bed and that I said I was okay with that. First of all why would you stand there and argue with the customer second of all why would I go through the time to reserve a room if I didn't want it? How do you not have the room I reserved available when I pre-booked it 2 weeks ahead and even pre-checked early in the morning! This hotel is very worn out and rooms are so small. There were also ants in my room! Never staying in this hotel again!

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great staff. Very smooth check in. Great food and beverage. Happy hour the best in
South Beach. Super friendly staff. The Bamboo Pool amazing. The pool table awesome!!!! We really enjoy our 7 hours stay. Looking forward to go back soon.

Room Tip: Room nice and clean
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 2 days ago
You like us! You really like us! Inmaneva, thank you for making our day with your spectacular 5 star review. We adore having the chance to take care of new visitors like you and can’t wait to do it again! Please email me directly, and let me know when you are set to return. I would love to take care of your reservations personally and continue to show the love!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The experience was excellent great staff managers service . the rooms top quality the pool everything even the food .The front desk Ralph p was great and then Aron. At the bar was moe the bartender knows what she is doing and Alderson kept everything super clean even the maids were excellent and friendly also the beach towels and chairs for free wow what an experince..Everyone friendly great Customer skills and super friendly this is the place It is a 5 star hotel .

Room Tip: Always ask for the Dorcet and a better room if they have it you get it . Tell them why you are there...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Hat’s off to you too, Louis M! Thank you for such an outstanding review. Our team takes great pride in not only personalizing every stay, but offering assistance whatever the situation. I truly appreciate you mentioning Ralph, Aaron, Moe and Alderson by name . It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us! Again, I can’t thank you enough for such a glowing review. I can’t wait to welcome you back personally to The Catalina Hotel!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very pleased with my room. Huge king size bed. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. I will definitely be back to stay.My room was very clean. Anytime I called the front desk I was serviced right away.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
Wow! What an outstanding review! We are so glad you had such a great visit and can’t wait to do it all again. See you soon!

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very friendly staff and locals. Food at restaurants good. Pool areas great. Overall good experience - would of liked a bigger room for a family of 4 - very small and for the price paid could of been more comfortable.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
What a lovely review awilda1128!! We are stoked that you had such a great time with us! I see that you were able to dine at our restaurants and enjoyed the food. :) We offer larger rooms for those guests who need more space. Our Living Large room is 245 sq ft, and our El Grande room is 280 sq ft. Come back soon, and try one of our bigger rooms.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Upon check in the hotel
Waived the early check in fee and granted us a room upgrade. We we're dealing with Aaron. Everything went smooth and we were able to get up
Into the room quickly.. Our concierge Juan was absolutely amazing from booking our dinner reservations to free entrance passes to clubs & the icing on the cake he sent us a champagne toast on our last night at the Resturant Dolce... He was an amazing concierge & really made our hotel
Stay and vacation run very smoothly ... Our rooms were not the best I have ever stayed but they did the job..

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Hello there stefanie6689,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests!! I see that we were able to waive the early check in fee, and provide you with a lovely upgrade!! Aaron, Juan and the rest of our team work hard to provide all of our guests with an outstanding time! We wish to have you stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!