“Awesome location, staff and accomadations” 5 of 5 stars

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1732-1756 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #89 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Awesome location, staff and accomadations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The hotel is great, the pool party better! The staff including Aaron was more than accomadating. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a stay at a very well located spot in south beach.
The pool party at the top of the catalina is awesome - very good spot if you are single and looking to meet people right away.
Lincoln road is right there so are the very popular hotel if you re looking to have drinks at night if you want to explore.
And the hotel will get you a free chair at the beach next door! So it was I was looking for

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Finnish first
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was in Miami Beach for a convention. Paid $300 per night for a very small room with two double beds, no desk to set my laptop on, futon type mattress that you would usually find in a student's apartment and the smallest bathroom I have seen in my numerous years of business travels. No ironing board and when it arrived after two requests, it was a mini size that had to be laid flat on the bed. Valet parking was $35 per day and I waited one full hour for my car to arrive on the check-out day. Absolutely unreasonable!! Not meant for business travellers, not meant for families. I guess, ideal for young couples who probably can't afford a $300 per night hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a large size room such as a suite.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Service ranged between good and nonexistent
Practically had to track a waiter down Every time. And then had to beg for the check
Could not Charge to room
Hated to go between three buildings
Room not as advertised and VERY OVERPRICED
EVERYTHING WAS OVERPRICED

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The title says it all. The best thing about this place is the rooftop pool, which is where we spent most of our time. Our room smelled really weird (moldy) and the air conditioner hardly worked but other than that it was o.k.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello there Ashlee J,

Thank you for your honest feedback, and for sharing it with all of our future guests! Our rooftop pool area is a big hit! It's so nice up there to soak up the Floridian sun! I am terribly sorry that you noticed a strange smell in your room. I will definitely inform the Director of Housekeeping about your comment.

Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel, with nice decor. Not really for families. They allow naked old men to parade near the roof top pool. Toilet broke on arrival but was promptly fixed. Lovely. Friendly staff from reception to room service to bar staff and house maids. I had a nice experience but as I said before not idea for families.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good Afternoon Lorraine B,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us! I am terribly sorry that you experienced this. We do not allow naked men or women run around the hotel. A manager should have been alerted right away, we want everyone to feel safe and comfortable within our premises. We hope that you would give us another chance in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Had a great time at the Catalina Hotel all thanks to Tyrell! Tyrell went above and beyond to make sure that we had a great experience. His tips were very helpful in figuring out what bars and clubs to go out to and what restaurants to eat at. He even managed to get us extra lounge chairs at the beach! Thanks again for an awesome trip!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Fijinola1, this is one of my favorite reviews ever! Thank you so much for the five stars and the fantastic shout out to Tyrell! You are absolutely right – he knows everything there is to know about South Beach and will show you a Kanye-good time. Please let us know when you will be back and we will be sure to roll out our red carpet once again. See you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I recently just visited and stayed at the Catalina Hotel in Miami for my bachelorette party. My friends and I had a wonderful experience!! Our concierge Tyrell made our experience that much more enjoyable! He assisted us with all our needs from walking us to our destination, getting us extra towels, and constantly making sure all of my bachelorette needs were met. He also gave us a celebratory bottle and bachelorette accessories. I couldn't say enough positive qualities that tyrell posses! We looked forward to seeing him every morning on our way out! Thank you Tyrell for making my bachelorette party a memorable one!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your beautiful review, MGray516! It’s so great to hear that you had a fantastic stay, and felt well taken care of the whole time. I’m glad to hear that Tyrell took excellent care of you and all the girls as well. He is absolutely one of our best and keeps us all laughing whenever the opportunity! Again, we really appreciate the love and hope to have you back to see us soon!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!