“Location not bad” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1732-1756 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #89 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Location not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The atmosphere is party all the time eddy Murphy style! The front desk is good and bad at times with the customer service. This is for sure not for family's you see things you don't want your kids to see but if your a group of friends it's all good! The electric cart is a plus saves you a lot of time, the driver joe was too funny great personality. The bellman Eddie is cool handled our bags and other stuff. The concierge Juan cool as well. The rooms are just used to sleep not a big deal, the place like I said is just for the party explorers.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel in general is nice and clean. We had a lot fun, location is excellent oñly 2 blocks from the beach. I just couple thing that I didn't like it; they put us in the next building, we were in the 4th floor and the elevator was broken. The walls are thin so we could listen everything from the next room, literally everything. Pools are great and the happy hour in one of the bars is amazing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights for a convention March 15-18. I arrived late at night and checked in at front desk in the Catalina. As I waited for the clerk to slowly check me in two security offers were leaning at the counter throwing around the F Bomb like no one was there.
Then was told that my room was not in the Catalina building but in the next door where Maxine's 24 hour restaurant and bar is located.I asked about security getting to floors where sleeping rooms are and was told there is none.
Walked with my bags over to the building (no bellmen at night) to discover that the floor of the sole elevator was covered in vomit, The bar staff (the elevator is in the middle of the bar) was apologetic, but implied that's what you get coming during Spring break.
It's now almost 2am and I when I get to my room, it is dark and tiny with a window air conditioner that runs like a diesel truck all night long.
Next day, I ask then for a quieter room and they nicely offer to move my bags while I am at the trade show. So when I return that evening, you can image my surprise to discover I've been moved into a room directly above the bar- I could feel the floor vibrating! So off I go again, and finally I am given a room in the 3d "D" building which is quieter but the bed had no box springs and the mattress was 3" of foam.
I would have given the hotel 1 star but Christian at the front desk did try.
Summary: noisy, small, dark rooms with an "IKEA Brothel" decor. Bath towels like sandpaper. Absolutely no safety for travelers as all rooms can be easily accessed by anyone off the street and security doesn't really care. All three properties smelled like old bars that need to be power washed.
The resort sent me 2 feedback emails both of which I answered but as I never herad back from them, thought I'd share with my TripAdvisor friends!

Room Tip: Stay else where if you want a good night's sleep. If the noise doesn't keep you awake the be...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The service at Maxines was great Thomas the Bartender was great and the food was excellent!! except one problem!!... there is one complaint on a Manager who was very nasty and rude to the staff her name is "Wendy" one of your employees informed me of her name... I find it unprofessional to see a manager scream and shout at the staff when there doing a great job

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Room was small and music almost 24/7 made it tough to relax, but besides that everything was great. All employees I encountered during my stay were extremely accommodating and always with a smile on their face. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - especially young people.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

tv old, dark hall access and they do not inform you of the possibility of you staying in your anexus building which is very different from advertising run,
The prici8pal bilding is very good as they shoed at internet

Room Tip: tv old ,dark hall access and they do not inform you of the possibility of you staying in your anexus...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Your average shady South Beach Strip Hotel. Trip with your buddies, fine, but I wouldn't bring my family here. Rooms are trendy looking but small and beds are hard. They charge you 28 dollars to park your car. The bars in the lobby are open all night long.

Stayed May 2014

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!