“Cool, fun and great customer service!” 4 of 5 stars

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1732-1756 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #86 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York
“Cool, fun and great customer service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our stay was very good at the hotel. Nice design, good atmosphere, good service, very well located, divine pool bamboo and their hospitality was perfect. Especially like to thank Michael for his help in everything, just made good suggestions. I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Good Evening Alberto C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that you had a good time here with us. We offer unbeatable prices, for a great time, in a fantastic location. I will make sure that Michael is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Finnish first
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Me and the Hubby went there to eat late night as their outdoor patio is open 24/7. This review is late as we stayed in Miami Beach in May. I had a salad and the Hubby had a pizza. The waiter Louis was very accommodating but the Bus Boy Harrison impressed me the most! He was very polite and helpful and I hope this job is helping to put him through school because from speaking with him, I could tell he is a very intelligent young man with a great work ethic! We each had two mojitos which were amazing and the bill total without tip was $72.90. Yes, again, it was pricey but hey, remember, you are on vacation! Have fun and live it up!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello there Lee B,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us! Maxine's Bistro and Bar are open 24/7. They serve a variety of dishes, all largely portioned and reasonably priced. Miami Beach is pretty expensive in general. I will make sure that Louis is aware of your kind praise! A late review is better then no review! :) We hope to see you again soon!

Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

From the moment I arrived I knew I was going to have a blast. I really had a wonderful time, the staff were very helpful and nice, specially Juan Arias (manager). The location is perfect and the hotel is very chic & different.

They had many party at 3 of the locations, complementary drinks from 7-8. Free chair & towers, great music, 1 1/2 block away from the beach & like 3 mins from the nightclubs life.

Everyone is fun to be around & free spirit people. Hope my review help.

• Stayed August 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
What a great review Bellaeli!! Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us! We are beyond stoked to read your lovely review! Our staff all work hard to provide each and every guest with the best! We want to make sure that everyone is having a killer time here at The Catalina Hotel! It seems like you enjoyed everything that our hotel has to offer! Please come back again soon!

Tandil, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

giselle at the front desk was really nice and helpful!! juan and johnathan were great too!! friendly, solved all our requests and always in a very good mood!! we stayed 2 days at the maxine, room 279 and 2 days at the catalina, room.214. catalina was better than maxine. make sure you send my.regards to them!!! mariela from.argentina.

• Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Great review mariv1974!! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent experience! Giselle our front desk agent is absolutely wonderful, along with the rest of our team! I will make sure they are all aware of your kind praise! See you soon! :)

Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I were originally placed in the Maxine building and we were horrified. It was dark, smelly and cramped. I read previous responses to the bad smell complaint from Katrine who mentioned that the carpet is being replaced but we saw no evidence of this. Giselle (we believe was her name) managed to move our room to the main building which smelled a lot better and was a lot brighter. We appreciated her help!
The Maxine building really is the black eye of the hotel. Whenever we walked by the restaurant, we had to hold our breath because it smelled so bad. There is some kind of liquid leaking onto the sidewalk on both sides of the building that smells awful.
Now onto the good, happy hour is awesome and the drinks are strong in the main building. The FKU sushi restaurant was amazing and the service was excellent. We enjoyed riding the complimentary bicycles/using the complimentary beach chairs and the airport shuttle worked out great. Tyrell was also very helpful with helping us book excursions. He really went out of his way to assist us. On a side note, you do want to pay cash for your activities since it will be cheaper. The fee goes up for credit cards.
Overall, it was a decent value for the money but I would have much preferred to pay a little bit more and stay in a better maintained hotel. The staff was great and was very accommodating, it is not their fault. I blame the South Beach Hotel group for providing such run down and smelly accommodations. I don't think they've done work to the hotel in decades.

Room Tip: Request the main building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello there travelcara100,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are indeed changing the carpets of the hallways. As I mentioned we are taking certain sections at a time, so that we do not inconvenience our guests. I am glad that Giselle was able to assist you in freshening your room. We offer a lovely complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors. Tyrell is lovely and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that both him and Giselle are aware of your kind praise!

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

From the moment we arrived at this hotel, we knew we chose the right spot. My first impression was everyone was very welcoming and fun! We went from courtesy shuttle to pool top bar with ease. Relaxation was immediate. We were so happy to see the beach was so close and EVERYTHING you need was within 10 minute walking. No need to rent a car. If you do need to get around, they have a tourist desk right in their cute lobby. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Hotel can be a little noisy at night. Walls are thin and there is lots of partying going on. We did...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your beautiful review, Jennifer L! It’s so great to hear that you had a great time, and felt well taken care of the whole time. There is no need to rent a car, as everything in South Beach is conveniently close to each other. Again, we really appreciate the love and hope to have you back to see us soon!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Catalina hotel while my wife was in town for business. We stayed in room 130 from 7/18-7/23. Our entire experience at the hotel was great (free daily happy hour, great rooftop pool, tons of options for eating, beach towels, free beach chairs, free bikes, clean room, etc etc etc) but Tyrell the concierge ought to be noted. When we checked out, I accidentally left some very important documents needed for an appointment at a foreign consulate the next morning. We live in New York so there was no way to get them in time, but Tyrell went above and beyond to help me sort my mistake. He personally went to find the documents, called me right back to confirm he had found them, and then promptly got them fed-exed overnight to New York. I wasn't easy to work with as I changed the delivery address multiple times over the course of an hour- trying to figure out the best way to reschedule my important meeting. The package arrived the next day, perfectly addressed and just in time. He literally saved a massively important business trip I am scheduled for in a few weeks. Any later and I would not have had my business visa processed in time.
The hotel was great by itself- but we would recommend your hotel to everyone and stay again just because of the world class service we got from Tyrell. Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
What a great review ZBROSE!! We are delighted to read about your wonderful feedback! We offer an unbeatable price, with a load of great money saving amenities to go with. Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is well taken care of, and having a great time! Tyrell is amazing, and all of our staff seem to think so as well! I am glad that he was able to assist you with an issue that you had. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!