“ASA Unite Airlines ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“ASA Unite Airlines ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I didn't Stay at the Catalina but I did meet some friends there at the Red bar for drinks we were meeting there and then going other places but the Bartender Karen she was Awesome Friendly and Very efficient and we all 4 ended up staying there the entire night and we also ended up ordering food and just had wonderful time Next time I am in South Beach I am staying at The Catalina to have the Full experience staying there and of course going back to have some great cocktails from Karen. :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Good Day,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are glad to read that you had a good time with us! Karen at the Red Bar is absolutely wonderful, and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! We can't wait to have you stay with us! :)

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Normally I plan a hotel stay weeks in advance so I was a bit apprehensive when I chose Catalina at the last minute but I just couldn't get passed their great price. It was just for a few days so I said why not and I am so happy I did. I've stayed in Miami before but nothing ever felt as warm and inviting as my stay at Catalina. A lot has to do with the staff there. They are just about the friendliest people that truly take the time to make you feel welcomed each and everyday. They also have two great pools, good food, and an awesome lounge equipped with an unbelievably sweet bartender, Chloe. I definitely would recommend this hotel to just about everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello there S B,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to know that you had such a great time with us! Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves! Chloe our bartender at the Red Bar is lovely! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm very picky when it comes to hotels, but this place is the place to stay anytime when I come to Miami beach in the future, the amazing pools and bamboo garden, the canopies outdoors, and most importantly the friendliness of the staff, especially Mr. Jean at the front desk, a very helpful and friendly gentleman I wanted to give him a shout out here and rate him as an excellent customer service professional.
Thanks Catalina for being good to us, we will be good to you by coming back always.

Room Tip: I was given a room in the building that has a pool downstairs and it was fabulous, with amemory foam...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Good Afternoon Sam D,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to know that you had such a lovely time here with us! Our staff are all hard at work to make sure that everyone is enjoying their time spent with us! I will make sure that Jean is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Beside of the floor being squeeky, you can hear the footstep from above floor and the walls being thin where you can hear people talking. We were quiet happy with our stay, the staff were good and upfront, the hotel is old and the carpeting on the hallway could definitely used some upgrade, maybe an ice machine in the near future, even though the footman where quick to bring us ice its quiet inconvinient to call for ice. This hotel is right in the middle of the attraction, the bike compliments was great, pool is definetly a plus, it may not be a 5star pool but it was descent and perfect to cool down if you are not in the mood for beach. The happy hour, the bartender @Red lounge on the evening shift, shes very pleasant and smiles always and quick to serve, its unfortunate that I didnt get her name, but I appreciate her service. The housekeeping kept our bed well tucks and tidy. Over all, I think I will be back with my husband for some downtime here.

Room Tip: Maybe 2nd floor will have less noise from footstep.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good Evening Condrillon ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests. We are working on renovating parts of the hotel. We are taking certain sections at a time, so that we do not inconvenience our guests. We offer great money saving amenities when choosing to stay with us! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Dont waste your money or be fooled by the internet photos the hotel has a good location but that's it! Rooms are filthy full of mosquitoes old linens in bad shape old TV set hallways rugs are old dirty and smell real bad this hotel is not worth what they charge stay somewhere else!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hello Gerente G,

We value all of our guests feedback, and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are terribly sorry that you did not have a 5 star time with us! We advise guests not to leave their windows or balcony doors open, as this is how things get into the room. We are working on placing new carpets into the hallways, but we are taking sections at a time, so that we do not inconvenience our guests.

Antibes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I went a friend we spent 10 days superb.. From the first welcome at the reception I came across Jonathan super cute throughout the stay.. Juan and Tyrell the concierge are very very professional and very nice.. Jerry and Johnson it is very good care of me at the pool.. The hotel is very well located close to the beach and shops.. The hôtel is very clean..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Maroua15,

We are so glad to read your wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! We strive on providing outstanding customer service, so we are so content to know that you were given just that! :) I will make sure that the mentioned staff are aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Teesside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

A fab hotel located very well on south beach , nice staff who are helpful . Rooms good well maintained and clean . Pool area was great , a few to pick from too which means you can go in a busy or quiet area. Would recommend to anyone who wants to stay central to the beach .

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Evening whalemans,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us! We are delighted to read that you had such a lovely time! It seems like you were able to enjoy it all from the location of our property, to our staff, and the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!