“A Rustic feel” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1732-1756 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #89 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A Rustic feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Beside of the floor being squeeky, you can hear the footstep from above floor and the walls being thin where you can hear people talking. We were quiet happy with our stay, the staff were good and upfront, the hotel is old and the carpeting on the hallway could definitely used some upgrade, maybe an ice machine in the near future, even though the footman where quick to bring us ice its quiet inconvinient to call for ice. This hotel is right in the middle of the attraction, the bike compliments was great, pool is definetly a plus, it may not be a 5star pool but it was descent and perfect to cool down if you are not in the mood for beach. The happy hour, the bartender @Red lounge on the evening shift, shes very pleasant and smiles always and quick to serve, its unfortunate that I didnt get her name, but I appreciate her service. The housekeeping kept our bed well tucks and tidy. Over all, I think I will be back with my husband for some downtime here.

Room Tip: Maybe 2nd floor will have less noise from footstep.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good Evening Condrillon ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests. We are working on renovating parts of the hotel. We are taking certain sections at a time, so that we do not inconvenience our guests. We offer great money saving amenities when choosing to stay with us! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Finnish first
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Dont waste your money or be fooled by the internet photos the hotel has a good location but that's it! Rooms are filthy full of mosquitoes old linens in bad shape old TV set hallways rugs are old dirty and smell real bad this hotel is not worth what they charge stay somewhere else!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hello Gerente G,

We value all of our guests feedback, and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are terribly sorry that you did not have a 5 star time with us! We advise guests not to leave their windows or balcony doors open, as this is how things get into the room. We are working on placing new carpets into the hallways, but we are taking sections at a time, so that we do not inconvenience our guests.

Antibes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I went a friend we spent 10 days superb.. From the first welcome at the reception I came across Jonathan super cute throughout the stay.. Juan and Tyrell the concierge are very very professional and very nice.. Jerry and Johnson it is very good care of me at the pool.. The hotel is very well located close to the beach and shops.. The hôtel is very clean..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Maroua15,

We are so glad to read your wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! We strive on providing outstanding customer service, so we are so content to know that you were given just that! :) I will make sure that the mentioned staff are aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Teesside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

A fab hotel located very well on south beach , nice staff who are helpful . Rooms good well maintained and clean . Pool area was great , a few to pick from too which means you can go in a busy or quiet area. Would recommend to anyone who wants to stay central to the beach .

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Evening whalemans,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us! We are delighted to read that you had such a lovely time! It seems like you were able to enjoy it all from the location of our property, to our staff, and the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights and the best word to describe my experience was impeccable. The room my friend and I stayed in was really nice but small. I enjoyed the happy hours there from 7 -8. The rooftop pool was amazing. The Catalina was so close to everything and Maxines which is a restaurant there at the hotel had really good food and service was really great. Best of all the front desk people who names are Jean, Johnthan and juan were extremely helpful and very much entertaining in making sure we were taking care of. Miss those guys. Great experience there and will definitely visit again

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there Eden F,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are glad to know that you had a great time here at The Catalina Hotel. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We offer rooms that are larger in size for those guests who need more space. Our Living Large room is 245 sq ft and our El Grande room is 280 sq ft. We offer a load of great amenities for those guests who chose to stay with us! I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Please come back for another great time!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I haven't even gotten to the hotel & I'm already so annoyed. We opted out to take the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, it was terrible!! It was only 85 degrees outside but in the shuttle it was 100degrees plus & the air conditioner did not work. It took 1 hour and 20 min and it was hell!! Then the windows were open to let a small amount of air thru and then it started to rain all in us. How this is legal is beyond me? Worse van ride ever why does the hotel even bother.

• Stayed April 2014
Good Day mspittle2000,

Thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay. We apologize that the shuttle was not working properly when you were using it. We had an issue with it and thought it would be better to keep the shuttle in service. A shuttle with no A/C is better then no shuttle at all. We took the shuttle in for maintenance on one of our slower days, so that it wouldn't inconvenience our guests. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you!

Glencoe, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was the worst hotel stay ever. I don't think the staff is unhelpful as much as they are clueless. I asked for a quieter room since I was traveling with a kid. I understand it is south beach and I am not looking for peace and quiet and zen living ! But they gave me a room right above the dj booth. Then they kept promising the music would stop at 10pm and then at 10:30 said they won't. Too late to change the room.

The floors stink of cleaning agents- so I am guessing the hotel was clean.

Pizza ordered - there are plenty of great reviews for food so I am guessing it was just the wrong day but the pizza had more salt than 10 pizzas should legally contain .

Guess either it was just my unluckiest day in terms of hotels or the hotel just got a bunch of well meaning but absolutely clueless - to put it kindly - bunch of folks to work as their staff that day!

• Stayed April 2014
Hello there Aparnapjain,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are terrible sorry that your stay with us was not a 5 star one! We apologize that we placed you in a room above the bar. Typically they are quiet so I am not sure what happened here. I will make sure to inform our management about this. We wish that you would give us another chance in the future, so we could show you what a great time is.

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!