“Still always coming back” 4 of 5 stars

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1732-1756 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #87 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Still always coming back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I visit the Catalina so frequently during the year, that I have to wait a significant amount of time before I can write a review again... When visiting the Catalina last June, I never ceases to amaze me how impressive the staff is there. They remember me all the time and thank me for coming back again. I even recommended a friend to travel there this past winter for a Patriots vs Miami game and they were very courteous, helpful and over accommodating to him as well. They only reason why I rate this very good this time was due to the actual room we were in (do not spend that much time in the room to begin with so that is why this does not make or break my rating), my friend and I had to call the front desk a few times due to power outages. Our room was in the Dorset section which is not my favorite section of the hotel because it is rather loud....I understand that it is Miami, but sometimes on vacation you look for a bit relaxation in the early morning. Other than that I plan to be back so very soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Good Afternoon BostonAC,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to post it! I would also like to Thank You for being a loyal returning guest!! Our staff is always eager to serve you and they always remember the guests that return! :) I am terribly sorry to hear about the power outages that you had experienced while staying with us! We were having some electrical issues that were fixed by our wonderful maintenance team! We do provide rooms in each building that are for our guests that don't want to be bothered by the noise. You can request one of those rooms the next time you come to visit, and we would be more then happy to accommodate you! Some of our guests are here to party and do not mind the noise. We are here to accommodate each and every one of our guests! We cannot wait to have you again!

2,366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our third time at the Hotel Catalina - and it was as marvellous as ever.

Arriving dog tired from a transatlantic flight, the combination of the friendly staff, the welcome drink and a great meal in Maxines was the best way to unwind.

An excellent night's sleep on the wonderful beds (the best I have found in a hotel) and a trip back to the airport on the complimentary shuttle bus the next morning to catch our onward flight completed the stay. We wish that we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello JohnR9999,

Your wonderful feedback is greatly appreciated and we are extremely glad that you chose to share it with us, and all of our future guests! I am very glad to read that you are indeed a loyal returning guest! :) It seems to me like you did have a great welcome from our staff, the meal and the drink. What did you order at Maxine's? They have such a wide variety of food and they are open 24 hours. We only use the bed mattresses there is- Tempur- Pedic. All of our guests love them and I am glad you did too!! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle that we have to the airport. It's a great money saver and who doesn't like to save money?? :) We hope that the next time you come and stay with us it's for a longer period of time! We hope to see you soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

i went to the Catalina With 7 friends to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was my first time in MIAMI and boy did we have agreat time The hotel rooms were cute the hotel had great style and class I took several pictures of diffrent areas for my photo books.THE STAFF WAS GREAT they gave us great service at all times attending to our needs. Helping us with daily activties and suggestions of places to visit. the Hotel was very clean and the Food at Maxaines was awsome I ate there everyday. The location of the hotel was also great right in the middle of it all a block away from the beach about 2 blocks from shopping clubs and MIAMI fun The bartenders were fun and energetic and made the best drinks I've had. I really loved the Catalina and cant wait till next summer to vist again love the new 30 :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Corline C,

Your kind and honest 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you for choosing to share it with us and all of our future guests! HAPPY LATE 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad that you were content with your room and the decor of it. Our staff is great and they are always eager to serve you! Maxine's does have a wide variety of great food and they are conveniently open 24 hours. The location of our hotel can't be beat! We are within walking distance to it all- beach, shops, restaurants, clubs, fun!!! Please come back and celebrate another memorable time with us!!!!!!!!!!!! We hope to see you soon!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Catalina Hotel and Beach Club for five days and had an awesome time. We spent most days at the rooftop pool/bar where Keith made THE best drinks and always made sure our glasses weren't empty. Couldn't have had a better bartender. We didn't see the need to go anywhere else during the day with a great atmosphere right there. Great location to everything and the sushi was fabulous also. Loved it! We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Lauren R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 5 day getaway! :) I am so glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us!! Keith at the rooftop pool is great and he works hard to ensure that everyone is having a great time!!!!!!!! Our location is prime and we are in the heart of South Beach just steps away from all the action! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a family room which was really quiet overlooking the pool. Given that the hotel is right on Collins and two minutes from Lincoln Mall that is an achievement! We were also only a minute from the beach where we got complimentary towels and chairs. The room was a little tight for 4 but great value. The attached restaurant Maxine's had good food and friendly service and is a great place for people watching. We also enjoyed live music during the complimentary happy hour. The concierge was really helpful and when my daughter left her phone in the room the hotel kindly offered to mail it back to the UK...THANKS! Looking at other reviews I agree the corridor is alittle dark...but not the end of the world and nolight pollution in your room when jetlagged. Its worth noting that our rooms had really good blackout blinds and the beds were super comfy. I'm sure its easy to find a few other small faults but given what we paid that would be churlish....

• Stayed March 2013
Hello TaveldadLondon,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star feedback! We are really glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! We are conveniently just steps away from Lincoln Road and other hot spots here on South Beach. The amenities that we offer are great and all of our guests love them. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary beach chairs and towels. We do offer rooms that are larger in size for those guests that want more space. Maxine's restaurant has a wide variety of great food and they are open 24 hours. We are working on adding more lighting into the hallways of the hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Northampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel looks great as you go in and the location is good. The corridors are dirty with the carpet looking like it hasn't been hovered in a year. The room was dark and small and just felt dirty. On pulling the top bedding back there were a couple of dark hairs on the sheet and dirt where peoples feet must have been in the bed. We were only staying one night (thank goodness) so put up with it. The walls were paper thin and you could hear all your neighbours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Bluesky77,

Your honest feedback on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! Thank you for sharing it with us and all of our future guests! I am very glad to read that you were content with the location of our property! We are in the heart of South Beach within walking distance to all of the hot spots around town. I am terribly sorry that you found the corridors of our hotel to not fit your standard for cleanliness. We do deep clean our carpets on a daily basis, and we do have a professional company come out to clean them on a weekly basis. We are working on changing the carpets in the hallways. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then the average. We do offer rooms that are larger in size. Perhaps you chose one of our smaller rooms. Our room attendants change the sheets every day, and the rooms are inspected by a supervisor before they are given to other guests. We hope that you would give us another chance in the future.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I only know the restaurant of the Catalina but I can tell you I had the best sushi of my life and I've been to many places!!!! They were fresh, tasteful...just perfect. Only thing that I didn't like was that we ate just right next to Collins Avenue and it's traffic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello disGraziana,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to read that you were content with the sushi at Kung Fu Kitchen & Sushi!! They do have amazing rolls and also great Pan-Asian food to choose from! We do offer inside seating for those that prefer to be away from the street. We hope to have you dine with us again!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!