We stayed at the Catalina for my bachelorette weekend and here is our review. We stayed 3 nights with 6 girls....for the amount of time we were there I would say it was average, but would never stay there again.....
- Location was key
- Restaurant in Maxine with good food - ate here about 3 times....breakfast is yummy and cocktails
- The beds/pillows are really comfy
- Keith and Johnson that work at the rooftop pool are WONDERFUL! Loved the free shots that were passed around...
- The rooftop pool was really nice to hang out at and the pool beds are really comfortable
- Beach chairs and towels included with room
- Bottle of Kettle One vodka included in the Rock Star room
- Pictures on website are WAY nicer then the hotel and rooms actually are - rooms are outdated and pretty old/run down looking in person...
- People that work at hotel are rude and slow
- Our two rooms were located in the Maxine and directly above the bar. The music blasted every night until wee hours of the morning (6am)...the first night we had to call and go down there a number of times until they unplugged the stereo....had to do this again on the second night too
- The bathrooms are HORRIBLE, can only fit one person in the bathroom and the whole bathroom was flooded with water after you shower
- There are barely any outlets to plug your phone, etc into in the actual room. We had to unplug the clocks and the one and only table lamp to do so
- The rooms are VERY dark, so girls, getting ready in the rook makes it impossible especially trying to put your make up on
- The smell in our hallway was musty and made us sick
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 18, 2013
Good Afternoon Court23c,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you so much for taking your time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the big celebration weekend!! I am very glad to read that you were content with the location of our property! We are in the middle of all the action! Maxine's has really good food and their breakfast is absolutely great! My favorite is their breakfast tacos- so delicious! Our team is always eager to serve you and I am glad that is what you experienced! I will definitely let Jason and Keith know about your kind praise! They are great assets to our team and all of our guests love them! The rooftop pool is such a great place to take a dip in the middle while sipping on a delicious cocktail! We are currently working on finding a solution for the noise. We want the party goers to enjoy the party, and the sleepers to get a great nights rest! Our hotel is indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms and bathrooms are smaller then your average hotel. We do provide extra lamps for those guests who want to illuminate their rooms a bit more. Did you happen to ask the front desk or the operator to provide you with one?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Have an amazing day!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.