“not bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hanover, Maryland
“not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

For price 54$ you get clean room with fresh towels. ( in our room we had 8 towels)
Nice pool on the roof.I do not recommended room on first floor, very noisy and smells like sushi.
Great location. Parking lot is not free. 32 $

Room Tip: ask for higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello Odavidov,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!! I am very glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us! Our location is great and all of our guests love it. We are in the middle of it all. We do offer valet parking to our guests at $32 per night with as many in's and out's as you'd like. Valet parking is not mandatory. There are several lots, garages and street parking as well. We would hope to be able to host your next visit to South Beach!

Happy New Year!!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Södertälje
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My room was quiet which I had requested and it had à standard well above the price. Service was very good as the staff was focused in the customer. However,the lady who checked if I was still in the room at 11 PM could be less arrogant. Then it took time to find The luggage which I had lyft for storting but minor remark

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hello Leif,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely happy to read that we exceeded your standards! I am very glad that you were presented with good service by our staff. We work hard to give each and every guest the service that they deserve! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I choose the Catalina for the location, amenities, and decent ratings.

Shuttle on time +

Room + Just fab, clean, nice shower, comfy with the same mattress I have at home.

Everything is within walking distince+ Beach, Walgreens, Eats, Liq store, Cuban coffee!

Service + I have stayed at 4-5 star resorts and have had better service at the Catalina.
Bar: Keith & London, what can you say, they have experience with getting things going, and then some. Oh, I almost forgot George, thanks for running/walking blocks for what I needed...

Door service, front desk, concierge+++

Roof top pool+++ Keith, thanks again, still recovering

Overall, it was a great stay with execellent service which had exceeded my expecations.

For those with the negative comments who have stayed here with young children, why would anyone book a room anywhere without doing the research... This property welcomes all but caters to the young at heart hipsters who dont have to pay the hip price!

See ya soon Catalina!

Room Tip: Room 200 "White RM", in the main bldg, faced the street, single large room with solid wind...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Dwhitnj,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the location of the property as we as the amenities that we offer. We are in the middle of it all. Keith and London are amazing bartenders. They definitely know how to keep our guests happy and make wonderful memories with them! I will let them know of your kind praise! Come back for another wonderful getaway!

We hope to see you soon!

Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Unless you are a single backpacker, STAY OUT of this hotel!
Dirty, dark, noisy, staff with attitude, no view from your room window, etc...
Pictures in the hotel web page DO NOT show the real quality of this Hotel. The cheap closet, the broken thermostat that keeps the room at 50ºF or 60ºF at best, the cheap linens, the smelly and dark corridor, the "view" of a wall 3 meters away from your window, all that they don't show you. Instead they photoshop and trick pictures to show rooms bigger than what they are. BEWARE, they tricked me and I am in the Hotel trade, so if you want to have a nice vacation in Miami Beach, STAY AWAY from this property more a Hostel than a Hotel. It is NOT worth the money you will spend!

Room Tip: There is NO WAY you will find a good room in this "Hotel" STAY AWAY from Catalina Hotel an...
Good Afternoon Germanolava,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We are very sorry that you had the wrong impression of our hotel! We are a boutique style hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel room. We advertise our style on every site. We are currently working on adding more lighting into the hallways. I will inform our staff about your comment in regards to the attitude that you were given. Was it a staff member in particular that you were experiencing a problem with? If so, please provide me with his/ her name. I would like to look further into that.

I look forward in hearing from you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I'm an avid traveler so I feel it necessary to post commentary when I receive excellent customer service.
I recently stayed at the Catalina in South Beach Miami in the Dorset portion of the hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly from check-in to departure.
This particular trip was partially for work & partially for leisure. The rooms are small but clean, but the memory foam bed makes up for the room size.
I spent a good portion of the weekend at the upstairs 4th floor pool and the service was truly excellent, the bartender/ mixologist Keith was very attentive and really made the experience memorable. GREAT happy hour every day too!

Stay here if you want a completely chill vibe, without any pretentiousness that normally can come with SOBE properties. Jorge who was working the pool, was also great as well and very attentive in helping service the poolside guests.

This Catalina had great music playing everyday, an upbeat ambiance and had a great mix of singles, couples and groups of people in their 20s , 30s. I highly recommend checking out the property! Till next time- LDW

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Good Afternoon LauraDianaWeldon,

We are very pleased to read that you chose to stay with us on your trip to South Beach. I see that you had an amazing time while staying with us! From the staff, to the rooms, to our amenities- you loved it all. Thank you for providing a 5 star review for all of our future guests to read!

We hope to have you stay with us again!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked airport shuttle with them but at 7PM after checkout I waited and asked for status of shuttle at 7:15PM and they said they were not able to confirm it and driver is not picking up the phone. I asked that you should have told me this an hour ago. So now can you please call a taxi that accepts credit card as I am out of cash. Taxi did arrive but was not ready to accept credit card. Hotel staff just went off and never showed me his face. Manager was also irresponsible and didn't cared to respond why this happened. Fortunately, my flight was delayed and I still made on time even though I had to go to ATM to get cash and ended up paying for taxi ride, ATM fees, where there was supposed to be a "free" shuttle.

Good Afternoon Atul,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! I am very sorry to read that you didn't have an amazing time while staying with us! We were experiencing a major issue with the shuttle. It had broken down with guests on the way to the airport. I am sure that this was the same day that you were not able to get picked up. He was on the phone calling everyone to try to figure out a solution for the guests on board to get to the airport on time so that they wouldn't miss their flight. I would love to know the last name on your reservation so that I am able to look further into this situation. I apologize greatly on our behalf for the inconveniences that you experienced.

I look forward in hearing from you!

La Porte, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went to the Catalina Hotel in Miami Florida Dec 14-18 and I had such a wonderful experience!! Its 3 hotels and we stayed in the Maxine Bistro. The rooms are a decent size and the location is amazing!! Right in walking distance to everything!! There were so many perks including a free happy hour at all 3 of the hotels from 7-8,free bike rentals, free beach towels and 2 free beach chairs. They had a party bus that came each night and took you (for a small fee) to one of the hottest clubs that night. Our last night we went to the rootop bar where we met the coolest bartender/person we had met the entire trip named Keith. He was very personable and made us feel so comfortable. The pool guy George was very helpful too when we needed to get things for the beach. Overall the stay was amazing, the only down side was the paying to park overnight. For the location though I guess that's the norm. Will def be coming back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Spring W,

We are very pleased that you chose to share your feedback with us! We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful experience while staying with us!! We are definitely walking distance from everything, and it's very convenient for our guests. I am very glad to read that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities!! Keith is such a wonderful asset to our team! He knows how to make our guests trip memorable! And he makes really delicious cocktails! I will let both him and George know of your kind praise! We hope that we can host your stay again soon!

Katrine

Been to Catalina Hotel & Beach Club? Share your experiences!